V1.10 feedback

There is a built-in chance in the engine of LOS going through buildings (just like projectiles have a chance of passing through) simulating the ability to target through windows, partially damaged walls etc. That *could* be it.

I also notice that you're taking your shots from units that are currently moving, i.e. have some kind of movement order at the time you're using the LOS tool; it's also possible that the LOS info display is not 100% in sync with the movement.

But what about this picture below? How can the LOS pass through the building?

It seems there are some issue during the map arithmetic.

medium.jpg

That doesn't look unusual to me. Two of your guys seem to have LOF to that spot, so the game gives the "unit" LOF. Also units on the move are a bit more complicated since targetting orders only fully apply to a team deployed in their action spot.

Remember that the line can only be drawn from one place, so it is consistently drawn from the center mass of the unit (which is also where the 3D floating icon is). However, LOS is not calculated from that spot.

LOS is first calculated from an Action Spot's center to an Action Spot or enemy unit (depending on what is being aimed at). If LOS can be drawn from those two spots, then the individuals within are allowed to attempt LOS/LOF to the designated point. This can be quite complex because a moving unit can be in more than one Action Spot at one time. There can also be a couple of guys that can see and a couple that can't.

The Gray target line represents a situation when a significant portion of the unit can't see the target area, or that the unit can only see a small portion of the known soldiers of the targeted unit. In this example, above, it looks like 2 out of 4 men can see the targeted area, which is a "significant" portion of the unit, therefore no gray target line.

In the first shot that popllt showed us, my guess is that there is a subtle rise in the terrain or that is Tall Grass (I can't tell). Two guys are behind the corner of the building and can't see the target at all, the other two are prone and can only see in that cleared area and not beyond. So that looks like it's working fine to me.

Steve

hi! Steve.

I am sure there is not a subtle rise in the terrain or that is Tall Grass, just like my another picture below. In the picture, one guy must have LOS with the target. Beacuse I gave "PAUSE ORDER" before the testing, so I prefered to believe that the LOS info display is not 100% in sync with the movement, just like what Moon had said.

medium.jpg

Well, since a marauding gang of "deviated preverts" got my thread locked up, I thought I might add a few items to this discussion.;)

Here is one for v.1.11. The edge of a tall wall disappears when it ajoins a short wall...

missingwallpi6.jpg

Now boys, notice I didn't say "...when it abuts a short wall..." So, there is no need for further "reference" images.

Also, would it be possible to add a REDFOR armor crew portrait in v.1.11 the same way similar images were included for BLUFOR units in v.1.10?