Marines to Special Forces Mod: Released!

Wanted to make that SOF scenario, but don't want the troops looking like regulars? This mod converts Marine soldier textures (NOT Army) into generic special ops.

75893094dj6.jpg

From left to right:

- Marine SOF

- Generic SOF temperate (gear also comes in black). A good stand-in for SEALs and Air Force.

- Army SOF in desert gear.

- Generic urban combat SOF sans helmet.

- Same, but with helmet and goggles.

- Army SOF in temperate gear

I chose the Marines, because a 13 man squad is close in size to a 12-man ODA, and because of the larger options in humvees and ground mounted weapons systems available. An added bonus is that the Army troops can play alongside them in scenarios.

Features:

- There is some randomization in gloves colors (brown, green, black), and whether the soldier is wearing a balaclava. I didn't randomize further because the file sizes were getting ludicrously large.

- Added to uniforms: Flashlight; flex cuffs; blood type sewn onto vest; velcro patches on vest, uniform, and helmet; IR-reflective flags on vest and helmet, IR-reflective tape on uniform and helmet; knee pads. Unfortunately without the ability to add 3d objects I was rather limited in what I put on them and still make it look convincing.

- Changed interface to reflect non-Marine units (see circles below):

58484229tf4.jpg

The following work is NOT mine, albeit modified for my purposes:

The woodland fatigues are the work of 101stParaTroop

The gloves and some faces are the work of M1A1TC.

In the future I wish to add a DCU varient, a MARPAT varient, and randomize the gear loadout, as well as adding camo to the weapons.

The photoshop files with the layers intact are available upon request, should you wish to modify them for your own scenario/campaign.

Anyways, look for it on CMMODS in a few hours!

Normal Dude, this just absolutely astounding! Why is this available in a few hours and not right now, damnit :)

There's seven zip folders and each is 16 megs, so it takes a while to upload them. :D

ETA: Some of them are up now, and I am uploading the others, so download away.

Very good work! I'm definately using those helmet textures for my regular marines as well. face mask looks very good as well.

Yeah, for some reason the helmets uncovered are more aesthetically pleasing for me. I am surprised with how well the balaclavas turned out.

You absolutely must do one of the many Spetsna"zes" for Syrian spec forces for us RvR lovers (with those intimidating looking masks and maybe even bandanas if those are possible to do :D ).

I'm pretty sure there are already a few excellent Spetsnaz mods made. :)

I was going to do bandannas and local scarves for the SF guys, but they just didn't turn out right looking like 2D objects. I am still experimenting on it.

Again, GREAT WORK!

Thanks.

BTW, if anyone has DCUs or MARPAT mods handy, I could whip up those configurations. I am a bit busy at the moment to make them myself.

Great work!

Question? is there any way to mix it up where some U.S. forces would be wearing regular Army gear / uniforms......while a select group of others (just one or two units) would be wearing these SOF looks?

That would be nice......if there was a way to pull that off.

Great work!

Question? is there any way to mix it up where some U.S. forces would be wearing regular Army gear / uniforms......while a select group of others (just one or two units) would be wearing these SOF looks?

That would be nice......if there was a way to pull that off.

As FM said, you can play the Army guys alongside this SF mod, as it only changes Marines.

Also? In the Mod SOF Black Helmet - Does this make the whole uniform black as well, correct?

Yes.

• 1 month later...

NormalDude - Love your skin mods -

Couple questions -

I have used (and really like) your black SOF skins for Marines - However, is there any way I can get this uniforms on the U.S. Army soldiers? As some of their weapons layouts I would perfer (for guys with these uniforms).

Do you have black SOF for U.S. Army?

And to remove your Black SOF skins for Marines (and go back to the original) do I simply remove your SOF black Marine file from my Z-folder (correct).

Thanks again!

NormalDude - Love your skin mods -

Couple questions -

I have used (and really like) your black SOF skins for Marines - However, is there any way I can get this uniforms on the U.S. Army soldiers? As some of their weapons layouts I would perfer (for guys with these uniforms).

Do you have black SOF for U.S. Army?

I do not at the moment, but I have plans to at some point. You can also get them onto the Army guys by renaming the following files:

marine-uniform ----> uniform

marine-helmet ----> us-helmet

marine-molle ----> ussoldier-molle

marine-vest ----> vest

The only problem here is that you will have to do a bit of snipping... you need to re-insert the pro-mask carrier into the molle bitmap so that it covers up the knife. This can be done with Paint.

And to remove your Black SOF skins for Marines (and go back to the original) do I simply remove your SOF black Marine file from my Z-folder (correct).

Yes, remove it completely from the Data folder. Alternatively, you can delete the ".brz" from the file name and leave it in the folder, and the game will not read it until you add the extension back in.

Ok. Thanks for the info - I look forward to when you do have time to put out a Black-SOF for the U.S. Army.

Which of your uniforms (non-conventional) currently do apply to the U.S. Army side? Or are all your non-conventional looking uniforms currently just for the Marine units.

Your Uniform Mod Pack Part 1 - Are these for both Army and Marines?

THanks again...

Ok. Thanks for the info - I look forward to when you do have time to put out a Black-SOF for the U.S. Army.

Which of your uniforms (non-conventional) currently do apply to the U.S. Army side? Or are all your non-conventional looking uniforms currently just for the Marine units.

Your Uniform Mod Pack Part 1 - Are these for both Army and Marines?

THanks again...

Mod Pack 1/2 has some uniforms for Army, and some for Marines. You could actually rename them to fit either way, but the pockets might not line up exactly correctly if you were to zoom in the camera and inspect them.

As of right no, none of my SOF uniforms are for the Army. The SOF mod Version 2 is a work in progress, and that will feature an Army version.

I am working on Version 1.1 right now... it will be Army and Marines compatible, have my new uniforms applied, and have solid color uniforms (Black, Navy Blue, Tan, Sage Green) thrown in the mix. I also have new, and much better looking, made-from-scratch helmets: :D

74504658ew2.jpg

86294804es5.jpg

92332083nf2.jpg

Alas, I have to ditch the idea of jumpsuits, as the 3D model mesh doesn't allow it.