Peng is Challenged by a T-90....and wins!!!!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

200px-Pepper%27s.jpg

"Picture yourself in a boat on a river........."

"We were talking - about the space between us all

And the people - who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion

Never glimpse the truth - then it's far too late - when they pass away."

I for one appreciate your point of view and the fact you take the time to post it. What color is your bus?

In your time

The innocence will fall away

In your time

The mission bells will toll

All along

The corridors and river beds

There’ll be sign

In your time

Towering waves

Will crash across your southern capes

Massive storms

Will reach your eastern shores

Fields of green

Will tumble through your summer days

By design

In your time

Feel the wind

And set yourself the bolder course

Keep your heart

As open as a shrine

You’ll sail the perfect line

And after all

The dead ends and the lessons learned

After all

The stars have turned to stone

There’ll be peace

Across the great unbroken void

All benign

In your time

You’ll be fine

In your time

I never got to be a hippy.....I spent my wonder years in the military, those experiences shaped my point of view...whether some think it good or bad, I can't account for that, but it is my point of view and I'm sticking to it.

I never got to be a hippy.....I spent my wonder years in the military, those experiences shaped my point of view...whether some think it good or bad, I can't account for that, but it is my point of view and I'm sticking to it.

My father was a WWII veteran, 5th. Army Airforce. I enlisted on my eighteenth birthday. My brother was a Marine.

KneeDanONE! Hippies aren't good for much. Some of their sentiments peace, love and understanding are attractive, but when you get down to brass tacks, they pretty much just fold on getting anything done. It is the rare Hippie with the wherewithal to actually do something. All talk and a lot of sitting around stoned.

I worked on a Green Peace campaign for awhile. I was the only one who seemed to take the job seriously (other than the committed handlers). All the "field reps" were slackers, and they made very little money in our suburban forays. I dressed neatly, studied the material, and was able to bring coherent arguments and actual facts to the door of our targets. My cohorts looked like hippies, came to work stoned, didn't know what they were talking about (although they had very definite opinions about everything) and didn't appear to actually give a rat's bung about doing the actual hard work of knocking on doors, talking intelligently to people and closing the sale. It is, after all, a sales job. Selling whatever the customer wants - no nukes, save the whales, stop ocean dumping - whatever, I was there to sell it to them for the low low price of a $25 annual subscription. More, if they were willing to pay for it.

My colleagues were more interested in hacky sack, a quick joint on the drive to the target neighborhood and how they were going to spend their 5% commission at the bar on Friday after work, than they were in selling people a feeling that they were helping.

So, Hippies are useless, except as an object lesson in how not to get anything worth doing done.

Yesterdays hippies are today's CEOs in some cases, Mr Peng , a lot of the counter culture stuff from the 60's is now translated into "Corporate Paradigm".

I guess feeeling good all the time can be fun....but eventually the hard work needs to be done in order to survive. I am remined of the tale of the ants and the grasshopper, but who pays attention to that old stuff now?

I am generalizing about hippies of course. I'm all for sex and drugs and rock 'n' roll. Although I'm too old for the drugs these days, the sex and rock 'n' roll still work for me.

You don't have to be a hippie to be a lazy, ignorant putz with a huge sense of entitlement - you pretty much just have to be an American.

Hippies aren't good for much.

My neice, an aspiring actress, has recently been chosen as a "minor character" in the hippy film Taking Woodstock, directed by Ang Lee. It's a speaking role, so it's step up from just an extra. Here's hoping she makes the big time.

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127896/fullcredits (no, she is not listed there)

MrPeng, I've left you hanging for long enough (you're starting to get a bit pungent). I hereby officially surrender. You may now place the Asterisk of Shame next to my name.

My neice, an aspiring actress, has recently been chosen as a "minor character" in the hippy film Taking Woodstock, directed by Ang Lee. It's a speaking role, so it's step up from just an extra. Here's hoping she makes the big time.

IMDb link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1127896/fullcredits (no, she is not listed there)

MrPeng, I've left you hanging for long enough (you're starting to get a bit pungent). I hereby officially surrender. You may now place the Asterisk of Shame next to my name.

Bloody hell.

I want a rematch!

Is it enough of a role for her to get a union card?

I want licorice flavored toothpase without flouride but with whitening agents, and I want it now, damnit!

Why? Why Licorice? It is the most horrible 'flavor' ever discovered. It's as tasty as guano, as delectable as cat-sick and as appealing as watching two girls one cup.

Bloody hell.

I want a rematch!

I take 8 months to give up halfway through the first one, and you want to do it again? Have you always been a glutton for punishment like that?

Did you purposely pass notes in class so the nuns would rap your knuckles with a ruler? Do you swear at cops just for the fun of getting a ticket? Do you blatantly cheat on income taxes just to experience the joy that is an IRS audit?

Sheesh, just tell Berlichtingen that you don't hate Mondays and leave me out of it.

It's all a matter of who I'm playing ... in your case, yes I did get bored ... very early ... and consistently but then I'm sure you're used to people getting bored in your presence.

Joe

What is harder?

Arguing with Joe or fighting my own apathy towards arguing with Joe.

Or Joe's head?