The Peng Challenge Thread Arises Like a Phoenix, From Arizona!

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hell, if you want pictures all you have to do is ask.

BB.JPG

Just got the bunks framed in a few days ago, the entire project is moving along nicely! I have a ton more photos if you would like to see them?

No, no, let us savor these for a bit first ... I know I personally will be taking my time, admiring all the fine detail work that can only be truly appreciated in a picture of this scale.

I'm thinking it's going to take us a good three or four weeks to really capture it all.

Joe

Just got the bunks framed in a few days ago, the entire project is moving along nicely!

That actually looks quite nice, Abbott. Possibly even well thought out. So...how long after it's finished until you invite all your relatives over to totally trash it out the way a good redneck bus should be? I mean, what's a bus without cigarette burns on the edge of the table and at least a case worth of empty beer cans rolling around under the bed. Oh yeah, and mustn't forget dog hair all over everything.

Michael

Couple of things about your redneck conveyance:

-Do you run the 110v wire separately from the original bus wiring harness or do you link them so your Schlitz stays cold whilst underway, betwixt trailer parks?

-Did you run a complete new wiring harness?

-Aren't you a tad concerned about wiring and the copious amounts of kindli...er, wood that you used for this project?

-Why isn't this 'shelf' made with an easy to clean surface, say granite (it's a rock) or laminate countertop material?

wood_5.JPG

-Do you run the 110v wire separately from the original bus wiring harness or do you link them so your Schlitz stays cold whilst underway, betwixt trailer parks?

Yes, the 110v wiring is run separately. The refer cabinet which is shown in the photo will house a small 4.4 cubic foot refrigerator (dormitory refrigerator) that runs off of 110v when the bus is hooked to shore power or I am running the generator. When driving or parked and not hooked up to a 110v source the refrigerator will run off of deep cycle batteries known as the “House Batteries” and an inverter which changes 12-volt DC current to 110volt AC current. The house batteries will be charged when needed by shore power or by generator. The house batteries are separate from the vehicle batteries.

-Did you run a complete new wiring harness?

I used the existing wiring harness and added wiring for new 12-volt and 110-volt circuits where needed.

-Aren't you a tad concerned about wiring and the copious amounts of kindli...er, wood that you used for this project?

No. The 110-volt system is wired the same as any house.

-Why isn't this 'shelf' made with an easy to clean surface, say granite (it's a rock) or laminate countertop material?

That small counter top will get several layers of epoxy resin (Bar Top) for a nice clear counter top with some depth to it. It will be awhile before this happens, as I haven’t gotten to any of the finish work as of yet. I hope to have the bus done (except for exterior paint) by the end of this coming winter.

... 'cause the thought of Justashowpony bound and tackled up, toiling with a bus and its half-a-forest lumber.. its very Sisyphus which is quite appealing in a eternal suffering sort of way..

Eternal suffering sounds like just the thing for the Justicar.

Michael

I have broken a metacarpal in my right hand which is now in a full cast for 3 weeks... you may make jokes at my expense at your leisure...

Emrys, may I recommend a 'one handed keyboardist' joke delivered with a greasy, lascivious smirk as per your usual style..

Joe, I expect from you something along the lines of 'how will the whims of the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka be catered to now her man is incapacitated'. Also with a licentious tone as befits a dirty old bugger like yourself.

Boo will no doubt have something disparaging about Australia to say.

Abbott will want the keys to my truck to go fetch resin for his benchtop for which the answer is 'no'.

and yes, I was dirtbiking in the desert when it happened and had to ride the 10k back to the truck with a busted hand. Pretty tough hey? W00T!

I was dirtbiking in the desert

In other words, your front lawn.

and had to ride the 10k back to the truck with a busted hand.

Because even though you were in your front yard, being imbalanced (As opposed to unbalanced, something you are every single hellacious day of your misbegotten life) because of the busted hand, you went round and round in circles, crying "Mummy, mummy, it hurts!" until the bike finally ran out of gas (Something unheard of down there, I'm sure) fell over and you walked the dozen steps to the truck which was parked in your driveway.

Pathetic.

Emrys, may I recommend a 'one handed keyboardist' joke delivered with a greasy, lascivious smirk as per your usual style..

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of you being in an Arab Country and how they view someone who eats and wipes with the same hand. This could give them real insight into your character.

and yes, I was dirtbiking in the desert when it happened and had to ride the 10k back to the truck with a busted hand. Pretty tough hey? W00T!

10k? Is that all? If you were really tough, you would have hacked and slashed your way through a hundred miles (miles, mind you, not wimpy kilometers) of the jungles of Borneo while suffering from malaria and the final stages of leukemia as well as a pathetically trivial broken hand. Now that's tough!

Michael