Patton Drives East Expansion now available for Pre-Order!!!

The second expansion in the acclaimed Strategic Command 2 grand strategy series, Patton Drives East is now available for Pre-Order! This expansion has a special Pre-Order price of just $25 (plus S&H) and is scheduled for an official release in May and only from this website!

Patton Drives East explores the "what ifs" of a post WWII conflict between the Allies and USSR as well as including various hypothetical revisions of classic WWII campaigns.

pde_thumb.jpg

Pre-Order now and get all of the following:

* Priority Advance Notification of the games release by email

* Download the game as soon as it is officially released in May

* Hardcopy of the game (on CD) will be sent to you via mail after release

* Save $10 on the "Download & Mail" delivery option! After release you will have to pay $35, but as a Pre-Order customer you only need to pay $25 (plus S&H)

Pre-Order the Patton Drives East Expansion Today!!!

smile.gif Very good news.

PS: is it possible for faithful customers to get th enumber of E-Lizences been raised by 1 or the original number of 2 be restored by buying teh expansion....

lost already one license due to computer crash and I really would love to be able to play it on my laptop /and desktop ...or dont have panik to lose the 2nd E-License.....

greetings, this expansion indeed better feature is the prefect "base" for a cold war conflict scenario, perhaps what is missing is, as already said, a game for three players, axis, russia and allies, may be unbalanced, as if axis go to loss the war he can focus on one or the other enemy and cause on he more casualties, but old western allies and russia can develop alternate paths to victory with this in mind, just my point of view,

keep up the good outstanding hard work,

with best regards,

Alarick.

Fred19, not initially, no. But we're working on a multi-language version of SC2 to be released by Battlefront at some point in the future.

Sombra, there is little point in pre-ordering "download only". You can't really download before the game is released, so you might just as well order on the day of release.

The $20 shipping to Europe is a necessary evil due to the weak dollar. $20 is only something like €1.50... ;) If you deduct the $10 discount you're getting for the pre-order deal, in fact it's only $10, by the way.

Martin

So I pre-ordered mine this morning, can't wait to get it. I noticed something, in the scenario Storm of Steel, it seems to me that the scenario starts with NO one at war is that correct? Also, the map size keeps getting bigger for the main games, does this mean that the game is using more of a set number of maximum tiles, or is the set number of maximum tiles getting bigger?

Originally posted by Moon:

The $20 shipping to Europe is a necessary evil due to the weak dollar. $20 is only something like €1.50... ;) If you deduct the $10 discount you're getting for the pre-order deal, in fact it's only $10, by the way.

Martin

$20 is something like 13.5€ not 1.5€. I dont understand why we have to pay more in Europe when dollar is low. Do you go to an european post office to send the CD ? I suppose no so you pay in USD in an american post office and tis post office dont change his prices to follow the €. So if it costed 15$ last year it still cost 15$ this year ! Of course it goes at our vantage but its not a reason to punish us by pushing your price.

If the game will cost 35$ in download I have no reason to preorder it and pay 25+20$ now because I dont care about the CD !

Originally posted by Exel:

So is this just new scenarios or are there some new gameplay features too? Anything new for the base WWII game?

Yes, there are new features, some that players have been requesting for a long time. You'll have to ask Hubert what they are, as I'm not sure what I can reveal without violating my NDA.

Originally posted by Moon:

Fred19, not initially, no. But we're working on a multi-language version of SC2 to be released by Battlefront at some point in the future.

Martin

First, thanks for your reply, Martin.

But this means that players who bought the German version won't be able to use the PDE expansion as I guess it will lack of compatibility, right?

Now that's not really good news... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PPBoyington:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

$20 is something like 13.5€ not 1.5€. I dont understand why we have to pay more in Europe when dollar is low. Do you go to an european post office to send the CD ? I suppose no so you pay in USD in an american post office and tis post office dont change his prices to follow the €. So if it costed 15$ last year it still cost 15$ this year ! Of course it goes at our vantage but its not a reason to punish us by pushing your price.

If the game will cost 35$ in download I have no reason to preorder it and pay 25+20$ now because I dont care about the CD ! </font>

Originally posted by Fred19:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Moon:

Martin

First, thanks for your reply, Martin.

But this means that players who bought the German version won't be able to use the PDE expansion as I guess it will lack of compatibility, right?

Now that's not really good news... :rolleyes: </font>

In France I can send a 2 kilos box to USA for 16.5€ (of course no counting the price of the box or special enveloppe). I suppose also that if a german player order the game he will pay 20$ quite a lot for an internal shipping.

I think I will buy the game in time because I like all the whatifs but I will await a little (and save 10$, enough for a coffee)

Well, for comparison, a 2 kg box to the US from Germany costs EUR 62 using the Deutsche Post (which is what we're using for European shipments).

Martin

PS. And that's using ground service, i.e. sea shipment vs. air, which takes 2-3 weeks to arrive.

Actually you have to pay Euro 12,90 for a small DHL parcel (up to 2kg/4lbs) from Germany to USA.

Anyway, looks like we are screwed in Germany.

I've paid €40/$60 for Strategic Command 2 and €30/$45 for SC2 Blitzkrieg/WaW.

Sorry, but there is no way i will pay an additional $35 for SC2 plus $35 for Patton drives East.

volcatius I have paid 45$ (so around 30€) for SC2 + WAW bundle, this is why I prefer the download !

Moon, I suggest you come to Strasbourg (in train to save money !) with a bag full of games to be sent and go to a french post office !

If it was not for the time lost I thik you could save a lot.

For me also it was an economic shipping that takes 10 days to arrive...even to the lost Iowa where I have friends !

Oops, sorry, I quoted the price for a 20kg box. Yes, you're right, a 2kg box costs EUR 12.90 The problem is that there are not many options cheaper than that, so it doesn't matter if you're shipping a 300g box or 2kg box, you'll end up paying the same.

And then there is of course internal cost that figures in here, e.g. the cost to send the goods from production to the warehouse. In our case, this involves shipping from the US to Europe in the first place (and eating the tax and duties on the way).

Trust me, the S&H costs customers are paying are 100% used by and in some cases, more than 100%.

Again, nobody is forced to pre-order of course. Simply wait until the game is released and download.

volcatius, I don't understand why you want to buy SC2 again? If you already have the SC2/WAW bundle, then PDE will of course work just fine.

Martin