New Scenario - "Hammertime"

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Manx:

Doesn't show up in scenario list for me either

Now I know why I can see it in the scenario list and not you guys, is because I'm testing v104 and I believe that was what George used to make the changes to it when he posted it. He is also a beta tester as well as me and he used v104 instead of v103.

JohnO

Guess my eSarcasm didn't translate well.

I was aware you were testing.

You know how fidgety we all get when people start mentioning patches.

Have fun testing. I'll get it when I get it.

Cowboys play tonite, so that will keep me busy for awhile.

Wife is due back in town tonite as well, that will give me something to do during half-time I suppose. tongue.gif

When I loaded the scenario my first though was "wow, awesome map". My next thought was "this map is specifically designed to kill all my troops".

I played super careful until the last 30 minutes when most of my losses occured. 42 total casualties, 20 killed, 8 vehicles lost. A very tough fight, any mistakes and you are toast.

Great scenario!

Hi Renaud

Glad you like it smile.gif

I've just been playing it out myself and like you lost most of my stuff in the last part of the game.

I must admit I designed the map first based on the idea of elevated roads and bermed fields, and the scenario grew out of that.

Cheers fur noo

George

Hey George,

I wanted to add my vote as well for a map & scenario well done!

I too played very careful (due to the generous time offered by the scenario) that kept me in a good position in the first 30-40 minutes, then all hell broke loose and I lost so many men, I got so pissed off that I had to shut down CMSF ;)

After a cool down I reloaded the game and kept on until vicotry.

Well done! and keep them coming.

Itai

Hi Itael

Thanks for that smile.gif

Possible Spoilers................

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

#

I've found the same with this scenario that all goes well for the first part, then you enter the OPFOR kill sack and all hell breaks lose. Then you try and rush and it get seven more challenging.

The scenario has turned out a whole lot better than I had imagined.

Thanks again for playing it out and for the feedback.

Cheers fur noo

George Mc

Many thanks for your comments guys. Two hours is pushing it. It does have the variable time counter going as well so you have a good bit over two hours. Guess time limits in CM scenarios is always an issue. You either have too much or too little smile.gif I must admit I would like to be able to add more time. We'll see what BFC come up with.

Cheers fur noo

George

Originally posted by Garm:

George, I downloaded your scenario from CMMODS (v.2) and unzipped it into the scenario folder. But it doesn't show up. I have no problems with other scenarios from CMMODS. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing mate - I'm afraid it was me. I made the chnages to this under a Beta version of the new patch 1.04. I'm afraid until the new patch is released this scenario will not show up in your folder. We're getting close to a 1.04 patch release date though.

My apologies - I should have minded that redface.gif

Cheers fur noo

George

Hi All

Now you all have CMSF1.04 can I strongly suggest you delete the older versions you have of 'Hammertime' and download the new version (version 3 for CMSF 1.04) over at CMMODS. Because I saved it with earlier beta versions I suspect there are some odd goings on with it. To be safe I have saved it in the new 1.04 and uploaded a new version. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers fur noo

George

[ October 02, 2007, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: George Mc ]

Totally excellent, George. Just got my ass kicked good and hard by the AI. Always a good sign. Love the map, full of surprises. Going back again soon to show those bstards whose boss!

I commented on your previous scenarios, which I enjoyed v much but found, in the end, a bit of a walkover for the Blues. This one ain't. It's really challenging - and with v1.04 the enemy is particularly effective! Love it. Keep 'em coming'!

Hi Handihoc

Cheers for your comments. Yeah I think balancing out the earlier scenarios was a real challenge due to unfamiliarity with the game engine, weapon systems etc. Also there was a concern we might make the Red side to effective. Still I'll go back and take a look at some of the standalones firther down the line and see what tweaks I can make to em.

Glad you are enjoying 'Hammertime' though smile.gif

Cheers fur noo

George