The Facts. The Pre-Order Situation, Download Activation Timing and Background

Madmatt

THANKS BFC I will say this; this game has been a pain in my arse since I set eyes on it in 98.

With that I have dubbed this product a demon and a curse, I hope you all at BFC have a great continued success and many more games like this one.Thank you for turning this game around.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thumbs up for you guys at battlefront, just apply some more wax to the tanks for me please, i like my Tigers shining in the morning sun ! ;)

Originally posted by Madmatt:

In addition to the small patch, we are also going to be working on a free "mission pack" with a undetermined number of extra missions for you. I don't have the exact timing of this pack just yet, but if I can get it out to you before the DVD's arrive, I will. That's my plan at least. Sure, you can make your own missions with the Editor, but why go through all that work when i will do it for you first? ;)

Madmatt

GOODIES, i like goodies, goodies are good for my belly, i am happy. :D:D:D

Thanks, for the response. By the way I am enjoying the demo with what time I have to play it.

As long as I can download it before the weekend alls fine. For even a few more days wait with extra free missions being added and a patch I'm not going to complain. Besides I have the demo to keep me busy.

BTW nice tutorials.

Thanks, for the response. By the way I am enjoying the demo with what time I have to play it.

As long as I can download it before the weekend alls fine. For even a few more days wait with extra free missions being added and a patch I'm not going to complain. Besides I have the demo to keep me busy.

BTW nice tutorials.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

... This has not been some dark conspiracy, we are not sitting here laughing that your faith and money was misplaced somehow and we certainly aren't sipping martini's on a beach at your expense. ...

Madmatt

Very hard to believe smile.gif

Thanks for the response, Matt. In this day and age, a lack of information only serves to inflame some people. I think the vast majority of customers are quite satisfied with your response. You told us why things were delayed, gave us the vehicle in which we'd be notified (via email)and confirmed that pre-orders would being PRIOR to regular orders today at some point. As far as I'm concerned the demo was enough to keep me happy as it takes me a day or two just to learn the basics and weeks to finish the manual, both of which were provided in the demo. The fact that the first patch will be out shortly and likely contain new missions is just icing on the cake. Developers that are as responsive to their customer base as you guys are, are becoming in shorter and shorter supply. Thanks for your efforts and don't let a few whiners get you down. smile.gif

Well, let's see. MadMatt stated in his post that preorder customers would get "half a day's jump" over regular purchasers. If they plan the official relase for shortly before midnight (US Eastern Time), that means downloads should open sometime before noon, which is just over one hour from now. Shouldn't be long now :)

No complaining, but just a suggestion....

As one who has worked on some very visible IT projects in my career, I can appreciate the value of good testing. My suggestion is that when the initial push of product is out of the door, bf.c needs to do a post-mortem on it's testing and QA so this doesn't happen when CM:SF is released.

Just my .02 ....

Perhaps, but on the other hand, no system for testing is foolproof. No matter how thorough you are, things like this can still happen at any software company. A little review of procedures never hurt anyone, but when all is said and done, this is pretty minor. I've see a few situations with game releases that were really ugly, and which dragged out for weeks, or even months.

Hi,

We'll it is now 6.10 PM (I hope this was correct for evening) in Finland and there is still no signs of dowload mail. And they are still accepting preorders, which is kinda funny as today is the official release date.

Now I am not complaining but I must admit that it makes one wonder that what could have gone wrong with a product in last 2 days as it has been in works for 7 years....okay, I saw that they mentioned the editor being a source of problems.

But still, I am all for finalized product. Gaming software business has too often used end users as beta testers so this is refreshing change of pace.

Promise of a mission pack with patch is VERY nice way to redeem themselves from all the bad mojo this pre-order funniness has brought on.

Still, I would like to get to play the game that I have been waiting for so very very long time.

And now I can already see,that even if the release would happen NOW, i would propably have it downloaded on 20.4.2007.

Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Isn't BFC HQ located in Ireland? If so it's now April 19th, 16.30 (GMT, Zulu time for Yanks I believe.. smile.gif ).

Anyway, I hope they are done before the end of the day. IMO, a problem like the one they had with the editor would had been better solved with a patch though...