The Facts. The Pre-Order Situation, Download Activation Timing and Background

Madmatt

pls keep it cool guys,

i complained too. But when Mattmatt gives us this answer we'll have to deal with it. Iam glad that they said what was wrong.

And for the other one i live in holland its now 5:30 in the afternoon and also no email.

But if i can dowload it as quick as the demo 1.4mb/s :D

i'll have it before coffeetime :D (that's 8 in the evening)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you planing to have that coffee pannekoek? If I was in Holland, having a cup of coffee, I wouldn't be playing any games for quite a while... :D

Originally posted by Moon:

No, we're not in Ireland. One of the warehouses is, but we are in the US. Or at least most of us.

Martin

Thanks for the quick and attentive answer. I will now wait patiently...

Thank you. And don't let negative comments get to you, it just shows that there are people out here that care and are passionate about your product. It would be much worse if you didn't get any responces to the problem. I guess I planned my vacation perfectly, will have plenty of time to get aquainted with the game.

"Tomorrow, April 19th is STILL the official release date as well and sometime before the end of the day (probably right before midnight EST) we will switch over from pre-orders, to normal orders. That means the 10 dollar off deal will end, and people will then be able to choose a download option, a mail option or both. Please understand that the RELEASE DATE is not the MAILING DATE. The DVD's will still not be shipping until they are physically on-hand at the warehouse and I am not sure when that date will be. Martin could probably shed more light on that.

I am truly sorry that the pre-order download window is not going to be longer than about half a day, but this is how it turned out"

It does mean that us in the UK - now its 18.00 and no game will be able to download it via our pre-order tomorrow cos we'll be beddy byes by the time you release it? Was'nt sure what you meant by the note above saying only a half day window?...appreciate your comments by the way just annoying with the time difference...cheers

Well, in the segment you quoted, he mentioned midnight EST, that is US Eastern time, which is GMT -5. obviously they cannot cater the release to every timezone in the world. They are not magicians. Whether its Americans, Brits, Indians or New Zealanders, someone on this planet is likely to be asleep at the time the download goes live. Also you might note that the said "no longer than half a day". He did not say no less than half a day.

Still, I small progress update would be very nice, though I suppose that is presuming that the crew at BFC have a clear picture of what is goign on. It may be that once they upload it to the servers,they may not have any control of how long it takes their contractors to throw open the floodgates.

Originally posted by Silverswift:

Great Matt, thanks, curl up with a nice Single Malt, cheers.

Heh, somehow I don't think he's to the celebration phase quite yet.

Anyway (how many times have I done this now?), my usual spiel:

Congratulations to all of you as you put the wraps on what I'm sure will be another fine product. No apologies necessary here, but thanks for update.

After what?....six years or so associated with Battlefront, I know it's pretty much a given that the end results will more than make up for production delays, grumpy mods ;) , or whatever else*

Cheers guys!

*do I still have to say "don't get (too) cocky"? Nah.

Honesty is always teh best policy.

Props to Madmatt for being straight up, and working his ass off to make it happen.

I for one am much happier he caught it, and was willing to work hard to fix it.

DO I regret preordering because I am not getting to download teh game earlier than 1/2 day?

HELL no.

Been waiting on this game since I did some alpha testing WAY back when.

Thanks Matt. There's always something to complain about and I still think you guys would get less ulcers if you were less defensive about what you know is inevitable, but I guess I'd rather have engaged customer service of almost any kind than the empty silence that I usually get.

--Max