New Interview is up

Arkel

Huh, from reading the interview, it sounds like a demo is up in air!!

quote "We are working on this issue with BattleFront.com now, and it is highly probable that we will release a playable demo soon. However, the final decision hasn’t been made yet."

Originally posted by copenwraith:

sounds awesome

oh yeah.

lessee...

We have been working on the project for a long time. But one should also keep in mind that it only took us a year and a half to gather all the necessary historical reference for the project. And this is not an easy job. With our focus on realism, we had to gather and process a huge amount of data. (...) So, as I said, we faced a huge amount of work and, at the same time, tried not to compromise the quality and overall concept of the game that involved re-creating the most authentic atmosphere of the World War II warfare.
no **** I can imagine it wasnt an easy job finding lots of historical evidence for instances where the attack centered around using abandoned enemy tanks to accomplish the mission. :D

or of battles where the first goal was to capture the gun pieces so they could be brought to bear on the remaining enemies to finally complete the mission. :D

Maybe after the game is out they will share with us all those hiastorical references.

Looking forward to it! Yay! Finally ! I will have a completely different understanding of the nature of WW II combat at the tactical level.

FiringSquad: What are some of the team's favorite units in Theatre of War?

David Philippov: You likely won’t be surprised to hear that these are tanks. It’s tanks that win the day! As you know, tanks were the main assault force in the World War II, and in our game they are the most interesting units too. This doesn’t mean though that other units are insignificant. Artillery, infantry, support vehicles – all play an important role in the gameplay. But tanks – they are really marvelous. smile.gif

:rolleyes:

well, THAT explains A LOT.

There will be five campaigns in the game. You will be able to play for Poland, Germany, the Soviet Union, France, and the Allies.
note the distinction between Allies on one hand and Russia (and Poland/France) on the other.

Leftover mindset residue from the decades prior to 1990 ?

We try to cover all major events of the WWII with our campaigns, and we work to design missions that would be diverse enough.
that's GREAT news !

I'm looking forward to see how they modeled the sinking of Force Z.

Oh, and Scapa Flow.

And Dorosh can finally see the ceremony of the japanese surrender , one of the rare events in WW II that feature a canadian main character ;):D

We believe that the players are most interested in the DeathMatch mode
yeah, players like that GS_ guy that passed by recently and all his "Registered Aug 2006, Posts: 3" ilk...

Our graphic engine might not be the latest trend-setter, but nevertheless it supports all state-of-the-art features, including:

1. Bumpmap, specular lighting, per-pixel lighting

2. Perspective Shadow map

3. Real-time clouds

4. Realictic water

5. New generation landscape rendering

6. Volume fog

but not... smoke ?

FiringSquad: Are there any plans for a playable demo of the game to be released?

David Philippov: We are working on this issue with BattleFront.com now, and it is highly probable that we will release a playable demo soon. However, the final decision hasn’t been made yet. We would like to fully concentrate on the upcoming release, not being distracted by other tasks, but numerous players regularly ask for a demo. We are reluctant to disappoint them, so we’ll try to do everything we can.

ignore those "numerous players" (who btw arent even players which is exactly their gripe), instead concentrate on getting the timing and the amount of the cowbell right !!! :mad:

We hope that most of those into war strategy games will appreciate our product.
so do I. smile.gif

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />FiringSquad: What are some of the team's favorite units in Theatre of War?

David Philippov: You likely won’t be surprised to hear that these are tanks. It’s tanks that win the day! As you know, tanks were the main assault force in the World War II, and in our game they are the most interesting units too. This doesn’t mean though that other units are insignificant. Artillery, infantry, support vehicles – all play an important role in the gameplay. But tanks – they are really marvelous. smile.gif

:rolleyes:

well, THAT explains A LOT.

</font>

Hofbauer, calm down. I don't think that English is Philippov's first language. Cut him some slack. You must not have been following this game's progress for very long, else I think you would be happy that it has not gone the way of 8-tracks and beta tapes. If you don't like what you see, there's always CM. Right?

Credibility is not determined by tenure. Besides, the flood of new forum members hasn't really started yet. Just wait until the game is released. You can have a hissy-fit then.

Originally posted by Shmavis:

Hofbauer, calm down. I don't think that English is Philippov's first language. Cut him some slack. You must not have been following this game's progress for very long, else I think you would be happy that it has not gone the way of 8-tracks and beta tapes. If you don't like what you see, there's always CM. Right?

Credibility is not determined by tenure. Besides, the flood of new forum members hasn't really started yet. Just wait until the game is released. You can have a hissy-fit then.

tenure menure

I'm actually having FUN.

:D

You must not have been following this game's progress for very long, else I think you would be happy that it has not gone the way of 8-tracks and beta tapes.

Tenure counts.

Credibility is not determined by tenure.

And yet it doesn't.

We are working on this issue with BattleFront.com now, and it is highly probable that we will release a playable demo soon. However, the final decision hasn’t been made yet.
This quote from the interview bothers me as well. Sounds like the earlier announcement that there will be a demo version was a bit premature.

To be honest, I will most likely buy this game even if a demo version isn't provided. That said, if 1C decides not to produce a demo then I will wait several days/weeks after the game gets released in order to read comments from people who purchase it as soon as it becomes available. The main reason I want a demo is so that I can persuade friends and certain family members to buy the game.

Originally posted by Tactical Command:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />We are working on this issue with BattleFront.com now, and it is highly probable that we will release a playable demo soon. However, the final decision hasn’t been made yet.

This quote from the interview bothers me as well. Sounds like the earlier announcement that there will be a demo version was a bit premature.

To be honest, I will most likely buy this game even if a demo version isn't provided. That said, if 1C decides not to produce a demo then I will wait several days/weeks after the game gets released in order to read comments from people who purchase it as soon as it becomes available. The main reason I want a demo is so that I can persuade friends and certain family members to buy the game. </font>

Originally posted by RMC:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shmavis:

You must not have been following this game's progress for very long, else I think you would be happy that it has not gone the way of 8-tracks and beta tapes.

Tenure counts.

Credibility is not determined by tenure.

And yet it doesn't. </font>

oh, btw please note Im not dissing the new members in toto per se.

among the influx of new members commonly of the PanzerStrike Playstation twitchgamers ilk there are some real gems in there, too.

I think people like MorgTzu or ComradeP, to name two off the top of my head, make valuable new members to the CM boards/community.

they would have fit in with CM just fine which makes me wonder where they've been all along.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ishapore41:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Shmavis:

Your "rig"? Does it have a horn?

LOL, noob. Rig is another term for PC. Usually refers to a custom build. </font>

Originally posted by gunnersman:

HA! I love it when Shermans take out "Jap" Carriers. Especially THIS time of year.

Where'd you get that shot? Is that taken from Pacific Fighters?

Battlefield 1942, great game, not realistic, but great fun when played online in clan-warfare. I played it alot a few years ago.