New Interview is up

Arkel

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FAI:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RMC:

Well, you know there was that one Pz IV that got credit for sinking a destroyer or somefink around the Dunkirk timeframe....

There was...? :eek: </font>

Originally posted by FAI:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FAI:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RMC:

Well, you know there was that one Pz IV that got credit for sinking a destroyer or somefink around the Dunkirk timeframe....

There was...? :eek: </font>

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I'm new to this forum (found my way here from the CNP forum which I played for a while) and was working my way through the threads to see if there was anything intresting as I am thinking of buying this game (looks like a hell of a better game than CNP ) and the question about the Pz IV engaging a destroyer caught my eye.

I have just finished reading a book called Dunkirk Fight To The Last Man and it cover this incident in some detail. The incident I think you are refering to occured on 23rd May during the evacuation of the Welsh and Irish Guards from Boulonge. A destroyer HMS Venetia appears to have been engaged (but not sunk) by Pz IVs of 4th Company 3rd Panzer Regiment at approx 8.35pm as it entered the harbour (book includes an account by Franz Steiner who served in the above unit and a picture of a Pz IV with a kill marking of the destroyer on its side).

It also includes an extract from Venetia's war diary detailing the damage, which was quite extensive inc. a hit to the ships B guns resulting in a fire and the loss of the commanding officer in the bridge. However the book does not specify whether the damage from the multiple hits was caused by the tanks or field artillery located on a hill near Fort De La Creche which HMS Venomous engaged with 4.7" guns, missing with its first salvo but hitting with its second, blowing away the whole side of the hill, the fort and the field artillery !

Originally posted by CoolColJ:

what the hell is CNP? :confused:

Codename Panzers - great graphics but sh*t gameplay - had the tactical skill of a bull in a china shop (could think of better comparisons but don't want to get kicked off the forum) - some people like The Sabot (persona non grata on this forum I believe ) made some excellant mods for it - like Kursk