Hello? Is this thing on?

tadelt

I have to admit, this entire CMC forum is really one of the strangest things I have seen. Hunter is obviously not a "marketing" type. That is not a bad thing. He is a programmer. But you would think someone at BF would come in and tamp down the flame and throw a bone, if not once a month but "once in a long while."

For goodness sake, this entire forum bleeds from lack of information sharing. There is no need to reply to every "where is it, Hunter?!?!?" thread. But to leave the "fans" out in the cold is also inexcusable. COMMUNICATION... it isn't that hard.

It has been 2 years since the "Hi There" thread opened which was the announcement of this project. High hopes... but they hit a wall and found out it wasn't going to be a snap. I think most of the eager fans could deal with it.

From what I see here and with the other "in development" games it isn't one of BF's responsibilities to manage communications. They are the publisher, not the programmers and developers. However, whether they like it or not, their name pops to the front with these in-development entities. When CMC, being developed by Hunting Tank Software, promises and doesn't deliver... Battlefront bears the brunt. Even more so in this case since Combat Mission is really the flagship product.

I'm not really worried about the long delay of this game. You hit a wall... you work around it. I really wouldn't be upset if they announced the game couldn't be pulled off as envisioned. What is really puzzling is the lack of communication from anyone involved. The forum was opened for the single purpose of marketing this game. Hunter is not a "marketing type" as we now know... Battlefront's name is all over this product (even if a product does not exist at this point). What has been happening in this forum for the last year and a half is anti-marketing. No communication at all... built up frustration and nagging.

Who should be throwing the bone? Whose "fan base" is this game tapping? Whose web site is this forum on? Who has the most to lose through lack of communication? Who are the negative consequences going to effect?

Just tell it like it is, we can take it.

[ September 27, 2007, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: Bannon DC ]

Just because the date of the last post is fairly recent doesn't mean there's anything going on in there.

Even this forum manages an average of 4 posts a day.

If you really want to get an idea of whether or not there's any activity, you need to not only look at the date but also by how much the post counter goes up over a certain period.

Originally posted by DOBERmann:

think CMC is a fake and the admins here make a joke with us paying user's !! its a shame !!!

Bit unfair. First of all, you don't pay posting to their forum. They do pay to provide that ability for customers to do so.

On the other hand, silence is ominous and they should close this forum. Vaporware is vaporware.

Hertston, the problem with that is the low quality of the CMx2 engine as wargame.

CMx1 games, like CMBB and CMAK are far superior as pure wargames. The gameplay of CMSF was designed over the desk with the real time as core, and Battlefront will never had the manpower nor the money to build an extensive game like CMBB with the cost of eyecandy that the new engine provides.

CMBB and CMAK will keep as the best wargames of WWII tactical warfare, in the next 10 years. Any product of Battlefront will perform less as wargames than those veteran games.

So CMC should keep the old engine in mind, since they are far better wargames.

[ October 03, 2007, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Cid250 ]

Totally agree with CID. With mods being available through various means, we also have substantially more eyecandy than the stock versions of the game.

All said, for the history buff and tactician, these games (combat mission series) are the finest to date that can be found anywhere in my humble opinion. The engine also allows for the creation of an endless variety of custom scenarios, which the CM community has used to the fullest extent. Combat Mission is a world in itself and I cannot imagine it being topped in the near future.