Lars

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lars:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I dunno, Ginger just seems more...inviting...somehow.

Michael

Figures Emrys would still have his 1950's set of Playboys. </font>

Originally posted by stoat:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

We have Seanajesus, Pontius Shaw, and Boodas Iscariot. Who plays the cross dressing steeplejack in this D.H. Lawrence allegory?

I would suggest rleete, for his natural familiarty with the role, and women's clothing.

You're a weird little bastard. You know that, don't you? </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Seanachai's back in form. All the liquor stores in town must have been closed today.

Michael

Lined up some more work today, however poorly paid, however part time, however unlikely to lead to a secure retirement and a dotage surrounded by empty bottles of single malt scotch and albacore tuna cans, rather than Phillips vodka and a better quality wet cat-food.

Can anyone deny the miracle of canned fish?

I think not.

Originally posted by dalem:

Preneste, you prole.

It's 'Prenaeste', you toad.

An Epic Poem about the Destruction of Roman Legions by the Ancient Arms of Etrusca, and Rude Samite Warriors.

You don't even remember what side you were playing, you bastard. I know I owe you a poem on your victory, but try and fill in the gaps...

Take that bottle of rum out of your mouth and answer me, you swine!

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Oh, and Noba gave me ****e about writing Small Emma stories. I want his knee caps shattered.

What a load of bollocks!

The mere fact that it takes you two pages to tell a story when one paragraph of five lines would do, goes to show your written diarrhoea has no limit. Back in the "good old days" the quill would have gone blunt and saved us all from your rambling discourse on all things small. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

Preneste, you prole.

It's 'Prenaeste', you toad.

An Epic Poem about the Destruction of Roman Legions by the Ancient Arms of Etrusca, and Rude Samite Warriors.

You don't even remember what side you were playing, you bastard. I know I owe you a poem on your victory, but try and fill in the gaps...

Take that bottle of rum out of your mouth and answer me, you swine! </font>

Then I hit Chicago. At 6pm. Last time I hit Chicago around rush hour I tried to be clever and go around, ended up squished into a meat pie by cockney trolls. So this time I decided to just bull straight through on I90.

What were you trying for? Miss Congenitally Dim?

At one point, I even called up Seanachai to make him make Rune clear me a path through his misbegotten kingdom, but he was useless as usual.

Rune and I have an agreement. I don't make him reveal his complete and utter impotence and pointlessness in the post-Shock Force game-play wasteland, and he doesn't have to clear two lanes of traffic for me through Chicagoland before 11 pm.

I figure he got the better part of that deal. He can still make out like he's a player. Anyone who calls upon me for salvation simply should not be driving through Chicago.

Massachusetts is expensive and slumbering.

Connecticut is as a fine morning erection, fecund with lush hope and rural promise.

New York is burdened by the proximity of New Jersey.

New Jersey is burdened by the proximity of New Jersey.

No one cares. The East Coast is where the concept of America has gone to die in its own waste.

Pennsylvania is pretty but reeks of mushrooms.

Between Philadelphia and Scranton is...Alabama.

Ohio is a desert.

There's gratitude for you. Only the rampant voter fraud and corruption that characterizes central and southern Ohio gave you your Presidente.

They used to say 'Chicago is the most democratic place in America, because even the dead can vote there!'

In Ohio they say 'You tell us how many votes you need, and we'll stay here all night, if we need to, making an X on a piece of paper to get there. Just don't ask us to spell 'X'.'

Indiana is sullied by the soul-wracking horror that is Gary.

Yay, brother. You drive through there, and it looks like the Plain of Udun, on the way to the gates of Mordor. Flames at night, and endless rows of soot covered, falling down housing during the day. And you never see a soul on the streets. It's like some hideous vision of a Post-Apocalyptic America in which the last few souls are crouched in cellars because The Vampires are holding a 'hunt' through the streets of town...

Illinois couldn't be cleansed of the stain that is Chicago if all of Lake Michigan slapped up over its shoreline and washed it to sandcastle pieces.

From your lips to God's ears!

Wisconsin is pretty, rolling and vapid, truly the busty high school cheerleader of states.

Apt. But they're so damn friendly, there. If a bit dim.

Minnesota is still covered in snow and ice and Seanachai.

Ice is going, snow is going, I remain.

I'm like...Springtime.

Lars gathered up his 10 points of skirt-clad, pilum-bearing, hardened professional Legionnaires and marched to the attack...

Wait a minute. You beat Lars? I thought it was Papa Khann!

Trashing Lars...that's like kicking a puppy to death with doc martins.

NO POEM FOR YOU!

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

I dunno, Ginger just seems more...inviting...somehow.

Michael

Figures Emrys would still have his 1950's set of Playboys. </font>

Lars gathered up his 10 points of skirt-clad, pilum-bearing, hardened professional Legionnaires and marched to the attack. I met him on the rough fields of Prenaeste with 2 or 3 points of goat-shagging, dirt-eating drunkards. He had many pluses. Many, many pluses. But I had the card that made him retreat before battle, as if he'd lost the battle. Since he'd advanced through mountain passes, my mountain passes, to whup me, he had to retreat through same.

Problem is that when skirt-clad, pilum-bearing, hardened professional Legionnaires get scared by thunder and lightning and retreat through mountain passes, they all fall off cliffs or into deep gnashing rabbit holes or something, and they all die.

His whole army.

With nary a roll.

So there you have it.

Write me a poem.

Gamey card flow bastage.

Although, with my luck, I probably would have lost even if I had gotten to roll the dice.

So there.

Originally posted by Lars:

Lars gathered up his 10 points of skirt-clad, pilum-bearing, hardened professional Legionnaires and marched to the attack. I met him on the rough fields of Prenaeste with 2 or 3 points of goat-shagging, dirt-eating drunkards. He had many pluses. Many, many pluses. But I had the card that made him retreat before battle, as if he'd lost the battle. Since he'd advanced through mountain passes, my mountain passes, to whup me, he had to retreat through same.

Problem is that when skirt-clad, pilum-bearing, hardened professional Legionnaires get scared by thunder and lightning and retreat through mountain passes, they all fall off cliffs or into deep gnashing rabbit holes or something, and they all die.

His whole army.

With nary a roll.

So there you have it.

Write me a poem.

Gamey card flow bastage.

Although, with my luck, I probably would have lost even if I had gotten to roll the dice.

So there. </font>

Look at all the fun you have looking at the Combat Results Table, measuring LOS with a piece of string, checking the overuun probabilty chart, can I use smoke on theis turn?....much more interesting than having a computer AI handle all of those things don't you think?

Oh, if you only knew.

It's not the actual game, it's all the skullduggery and bitchin that goes on in the course of it. Think four-way Combat Mission with a heavy dose of Peng Challenge.

I vote we get the Carthage expansion and force Shaw to play. He'd make a good rules slut.

Indiana is sullied by the soul-wracking horror that is Gary.

Yay, brother. You drive through there, and it looks like the Plain of Udun, on the way to the gates of Mordor. Flames at night, and endless rows of soot covered, falling down housing during the day. And you never see a soul on the streets. It's like some hideous vision of a Post-Apocalyptic America in which the last few souls are crouched in cellars because The Vampires are holding a 'hunt' through the streets of town...</font>

Oh, if you only knew.

It's not the actual game, it's all the skullduggery and bitchin that goes on in the course of it. Think four-way Combat Mission with a heavy dose of Peng Challenge.

I vote we get the Carthage expansion and force Shaw to play. He'd make a good rules slut.

Now what in the world ever gave you the idea that I like rules?

Joe

Oh, if you only knew.

He would indeed. And I would also rate very high the profanity. One night we should have someone actually count the number of times "you pigf*cker" is shouted.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Now what in the world ever gave you the idea that I like rules?

It was listed right there in Section 8.2.10 </font>

Originally posted by rleete:

dalem drove by and didn't swing by to share a drink or two? Bastard.

Whew. I thought I felt a chill in the air that day. Like dodging a bullet.

That's what I was thinking. If he took the turnpike, he was about 15 miles from my front door.

I thought I felt a tremor in the Force... but I always get that way after I eat radishes.