It Never Snows in September: The Peng Challenge View of Market Garden

Lars

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Now, who amongst you would be as moved as I by watching Pratchett's version of 'The Hogfather' turned into a completely magical live action movie?

Mr. Teatime was spot on in that.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming

Can't you see their spear points gleaming

See their warrior's pennants streaming

To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady

It cannot be ever said ye

For the battle were not ready

Stand and never yield

Form the hills rebounding

Let this war cry sounding

Summon all at Cambria's call

The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory

This shall ever be your story

Keep these fighting words before ye

Welshmen never will not yield

Over at Dalem's. You're all a bunch of drunken feckers. I know I am. And so is Dalem.

Now, who amongst you would be as moved as I by watching Pratchett's version of 'The Hogfather' turned into a completely magical live action movie?

They have a very good bass section....mind, but no top tenors, that's for sure.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Men of Harlech stop your dreaming

Can't you see their spear points gleaming

See their warrior's pennants streaming

To this battle field

Men of Harlech stand ye steady

It cannot be ever said ye

For the battle were not ready

Stand and never yield

Form the hills rebounding

Let this war cry sounding

Summon all at Cambria's call

The mighty force surrounding

Men of Harlech onto glory

This shall ever be your story

Keep these fighting words before ye

Welshmen never will not yield

Over at Dalem's. You're all a bunch of drunken feckers. I know I am. And so is Dalem.

They have a very good bass section....mind, but no top tenors, that's for sure. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...we were PIMPLY GEEKS by Gawd and used sloppily painted miniatures of the individual ships.

Deep Space Thugs as fleet auxiliaries jerking each other off while nimble Scouts skittered here and there, trying their best to avoid us.

Yes lads, THAT was wargaming.

Joe

If that's what you want to call it.

Michael

By the by did you know that "ZULU", during the credits, listed one of the primary actors as "and Introducing ... Michael Caine."

Yes, of course. Everyone on the planet who mastered second grade reading knows that. What took you so long?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

...we were PIMPLY GEEKS by Gawd and used sloppily painted miniatures of the individual ships.

Deep Space Thugs as fleet auxiliaries jerking each other off while nimble Scouts skittered here and there, trying their best to avoid us.

Joe

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Joe

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

By the by did you know that "ZULU", during the credits, listed one of the primary actors as "and Introducing ... Michael Caine."

Yes, of course. Everyone on the planet who mastered second grade reading knows that. What took you so long?

Michael </font>

I'm part Irish, and Damned proud of it. However, I'm also a bit lazy about sending turns. Is that the Irish in me, or is it me in my cups? Is it the liquor in me, or me in the liquor? Do lambs taste like sheep? Do leprachauns have leprosy?

So many questions, so many Irish who don't give a feck.

On another related, but somewhat discordant note, I had coned beef and soda bread for dinner last night, and tea and scones for breakfast this morning. I'd love to get blottoed in honor of this fine day, but the doctor thinks otherwise. In any event, it'll be reuben sandwiches for dinner tonight. And maybe a Guinness. Don't tell the Doc.

Originally posted by Lars:

Oh, if you only knew.

It's not the actual game, it's all the skullduggery and bitchin that goes on in the course of it. Think four-way Combat Mission with a heavy dose of Peng Challenge.

I vote we get the Carthage expansion and force Shaw to play. He'd make a good rules slut.

I had the opportunity to go to ManyAppleLess this summer for a week. I'd have had time to arrive early and perhaps indulge in a game of whateverthehell game you lot are playing.

But I TURNED IT DOWN! Why? Because I've seen insufficient evidence of the proper respect due to your Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread that's why ... well that and my boss suggested that it would be a better team building opportunity to go to San Bernardino with my team ...

And, of course, I'd FAR rather go to Southern California in the SUMMER and hang out with people I talk to ALL the time about BUSINESS than spend time out on Lake ManyTonkaToys in Lar's boat ... or being wined and dined by the good Lady Shary ... or even swilling beer at dalem's hovel and cursing the Cubed Gawds of War for the strategic prediciment they'd placed me in ... FAR rather ... far ... far ...

Joe

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

For those of you that need to know...

I have a new email address.

It's in my profile.

Noba.

Yeah, right.

Like people ever E-mail you. </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

For those of you that need to know...

I have a new email address.

It's in my profile.

Noba.

Yeah, right.

Like people ever E-mail you. </font>

And, of course, I'd FAR rather go to Southern California in the SUMMER and hang out with people I talk to ALL the time about BUSINESS than spend time out on Lake ManyTonkaToys in Lar's boat ... or being wined and dined by the good Lady Shary ... or even swilling beer at dalem's hovel and cursing the Cubed Gawds of War for the strategic prediciment they'd placed me in ... FAR rather ... far ... far ...

It's ok, we'd rather see you work anyway.