Group Think - What the hell were you thinking?

Lt Belenko

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by GunzAbeam:

Humour noted ...however, I grew up with stock car racing ..lived 3 blocks from the local dirt track as a kid ..I lived for racing and working on cars ..nascar was king ..Hot Rod magazine was my bible (I think that track was where I aquired my hearing loss, lol). All that being said ..I can not stand nascar anymore. If I try to watch a race on tv ..after about 15 minutes I change channels or walk away. Formula 1 is better than nascar times 20 ..but I'm starting to drift away from F1 also ..That Hamilton kid sure was a surprise this year though. Anymore I like sports car racing like GT ..it's not too popular here in the U.S. for some reason so pickings are kind of slim on the speed channel. Europe has lots of road racing that I like ..but as always the U.S. thinks they are best thing since sliced bread.

Think I'm going to get pounced upon here by the nascar fans so I'll just retreat to my corner of the garage for a bud light.

Regards,

Gunz

Yeah, agreed. I don't get much of the USA racing sports, very useless.

F1... had better times as spectacle goes, in reality is in hands of FIA to change that.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Hey, I hate NASCAR - I think its a boring sport. Maybe I'll go find a NASCAR chat group and NEVER STOP POSTING MY OPINIONS ON IT!

Na, you missed the mark.

More like this hypothetical; I love NASCAR and the COT (Car of Tomorrow) was a huge blunder, the rushed it out this year too early, held the teams testing early ransom if they complained, and then to compound problems released the thing into scheduel before they should have.

I still love NASCAR, but the Car of Tomorrow is a piece of drek.

GO JUNIOR!!!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Hey, I hate NASCAR - I think its a boring sport. Maybe I'll go find a NASCAR chat group and NEVER STOP POSTING MY OPINIONS ON IT!

If you liked Nascar, then bought tickets to a race called "Nascar:Shock Force", and found out that it was not like Nascar but more like, I don't know, camel racing... you might do just that in the hope of influencing the next version of Nascar.

Originally posted by Lt Belenko:

...The lesson I learned: Buy the next BFC product AFTER I play the demo and deem it ti be playable/enjoyable.

Back to Spider Solitaire until version 1.07 or 1.08 is released.

Well, obviously, you aren't privy to what happens during beta-testing, nor are you aware of what it can take to get a product out the door on a deadline. There is no way any software program can be tested on every one of the millions of combinations of running hardware and software out there. Add to that the fact that BF doesn't have a million-dollar testing budget like many software companies have.

Then you have the rabid grognards who think pathfinding in a dynamic, unscripted movement game in three dimensions is nothing but child's play, and you might begin to realize the pressure these guys are under. They are doing things with pathfinding that even the big companies struggle with and throw millions of dollars at, and this includes militaries around the world! Why do you think no one has won the robotic vehicle challenge yet? If it was easy, that nut would have been cracked years ago.

In addition, buying something without playing the demo, and then whining about it, tells me you're not much of a gamer to begin with. I know a couple of people who will gladly take your copy of SF off your hands.

[ September 18, 2007, 06:18 AM: Message edited by: B00M$LANG ]

Originally posted by RCHRD:

I tried the demo and decided not to buy, because 40 dollars IS a lot of money to throw away. I played CMBB today and one of my panthers decided to reverse all the way up to the front. That game isn't perfect, but acceptable.

That's hilarious! You'll accept a panther ass-ending all the way across the map, but you can't abide by a few glitches in SF (and none even nearing what you described!).

Over the last 19 years or so, I figure I have spent over $10,000 on software and hardware that was complete and utter crap, so $40 is nothing to pay for something I see as fun, challenging, and a keeper on my two machines. I have quite a bit of experience with military wargames and simulations, and this one is really leading the way in what it is accomplishing.

[ September 18, 2007, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: B00M$LANG ]

Originally posted by acrashb:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

If you liked Nascar, then bought tickets to a race called "Nascar:Shock Force", and found out that it was not like Nascar but more like, I don't know, camel racing... you might do just that in the hope of influencing the next version of Nascar. </font>