Here's something to get excited about!

J_Toe

Considering we don't have helicopters, I'd say it's highly unlikely we'll see the Osprey. It's a transport craft, not an offensive platform. And if Iraq is any indicator, the Marines are very reluctant to use them where they're at all likely to get shot at.

Same goes for the Air Landing Craft. While it's true they have a limited overland capability, they usually just drop 'em off a few hundred meters in from the shoreline at most.

I have a hard time seeing BFC spending their very limited time and resources on units like this, with very limited relevance to the tactical-level model, and that would also require considerable amount of new modeling required to get them represented realistically. After all, the game doesn't currently even model small bodies of water, or have on-map light mortars, among other things which I would put much higher on the priority list than these oddities.

About the new assault craft, I don't know, but I kind of doubt it. Last I checked, it was still as ways off full acceptance and deployment.

Cheers,

YD

Yeah, no go on all three things pictured here. The replacement for the AAV-7 is apparently not going well last time I checked (though I guess I should check again). Osprey/helicopter inserts are not appropriate for CM's scale. We might as well just make a model of flaming wreckage and just drop it randomly on the map and pop up a message that says "see, this is why nobody does this any more" :D

Steve

Originally posted by 21sec:

I know these aren't even completed yet, but is there any hope of us ever getting European forces before the focus shifts back to WWII?

I think the Brits are a good bet at least. If they sell well enough we may see the German/Canadian/Dutch module.

Great hearing about the Brits. Would it be soley Challenger 2's or would the Challenger 1 make it as well. Dare I ask about Cieftains??? :D

Germans with their Leopards would be great, espcially with Leo 1s?

Am I giving away that I enjoy 1980's based games. Already made a map of a location in the Meinigen Gap near Bad Kissigen.

Thanks for rekindling my interest in CMSF

I would hazard that BFC will stay true to form and keep to what's relevant for the time frame.

Therefore, Challenger 1s will be out, unless you include Jordan, and Chieftain is definately out (the last Chieftain based AVREs are either now decommissioned or soon to be decommissioned)

I'd love a 1980's based game, but it isn't very likely.