The Peng Challenge Thread fails to rise from the muck

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Use lots and lots of hydrogen and don't worry about those naysayers and whiny OSHA types who would trample on YOUR Gawd given rights to make and store hydrogen any old way you damned well please.

Would you be my neighbor?

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Use lots and lots of hydrogen and don't worry about those naysayers and whiny OSHA types who would trample on YOUR Gawd given rights to make and store hydrogen any old way you damned well please.

Would you be my neighbor? </font>

Yummy Mountain Fried Possum

1 young Possum

1 egg yolk

1/2 cup milk

1 tsp. salt

1/2 cup flour

3 tbsp. fat

After skinning, soak Possum in salt water overnight, then drain and cut into pieces. (Be sure to remove Possum's innards) Parboil meat pieces for 20 minutes. Drain and wipe with a damp cloth. Make a batter of egg yolk, milk, salt, and flour. Dip meat pieces into batter and brown in hot fat. Reduce heat, cover and cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours, turning a few times. Serves 2 to 4.

Anybody want to buy a $2100 barn cat shaped rug?

Marley the Cat...didn't make it.

Pretty sad, really. One year old otherwise healthy and loveable cat, and I had to have him put down. Penis kept blocking up, couldn't take a piss, and tip amputation (eek!) would have only given him a 50/50 shot.

Wife is a bit distraught, as you can imagine.

Originally posted by MrPeng:

Shame aboot your cat there, Lars. I'm sure the feline haters will be along any minute to say mean things, but they just don't get it. A good cat is a good friend.

Why does it not surprise me to learn that you're a [sNEER] Cat Fancier [/sNEER}.

Lars for the sake of Lady Shary I'll offer my formal regrets for her loss ... but YOU should know better.

Joe

Originally posted by Lars:

Anybody want to buy a $2100 barn cat shaped rug?

Pretty sad, really. One year old otherwise healthy and loveable cat, and I had to have him put down. Penis kept blocking up, couldn't take a piss, and tip amputation (eek!) would have only given him a 50/50 shot.

Son of a bitch. Sorry to hear that, Lars. Tell Shari I'm really sorry.

He was a good cat, and a pretty cat.

He was also way weird. I liked that about him.

I know that you, though, while saddened, are probably less than completely devastated. Face it, lad. You're not really a 'cat person'.

Although I remember leaving your house that night with Dalem, and the insane cat was outside...somewhere. And you would not desist from your efforts to return him to the fold.

You can go on and on all you want, Lars, about how much of a headache you'd have had the next day if it turned out the insane cat had got out and gone missing.

But the truth of the matter is, you drunkard, that you're simply some kind of weird Captain of Pets.

I can see you, staring into the mirror, applying camo makeup before heading to the Vet's, saying to yourself 'We don't leave any of our pets behind...'

Dalem told me that Shari was going to give back the gift. Did that actually occur? If so, I'd like to be the first to make a discreet (and probably not significant enough) donation to the 'buy Shari a present' fund.

I'll never forget the way her eyes lit up, and she shrieked with delight, when she opened up the various cases.

I figure a contribution towards that present is the best way to depopulate the more ridiculous portions of Mound in record time.

Originally posted by Lars:

Pretty sad, really. One year old otherwise healthy and loveable cat, and I had to have him put down.

Oh, Lars, I'm so, so sorry. Pets enrich our lives and losing one can be completely devastating. My heart goes out to Shary and you.

Boo Radley no longer makes the proper obeisance to me. Actually, I can't complain about that all that much, because the bastard hasn't managed that for almost the entire time I've demanded that he be my large, thuggish henchman.

In the Old Days, we had better henchmen. And we even had minions. Can barely remember those days. In those days, men were men, and games were games, and even stupid men could play good games, but these days, even good men can only play stupid games.

mutter, mutter, mutter...

Berli calls and tells me things. He will, you know. He tells me there's a new edition of the D&D manuals out. Apparently there's a new 'Class'.

'Justicar'.

Once again, Reality pisses itself, drunk and staggering, following in the footsteps of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Never liked Reality. That bastard stills owes me a round of drinks that amounts to One Week and Three.

I shan't see those rounds of drunkenness again anytime soon.

Hoi! Boo Radley! You owe me...let me see...12 pints of the good stuff, you useless git!

And, because I like you, Boo, I won't insist on 12 pints of Single Malt. The financial impact of the equivalent of 6 litres of of Single Malt Scotch in these troubled economic times would completely erase the Economic Stimulus that has been granted to you by Fiat, and probably went to pay your bills for food and gas (and how like a Texas oilman, to give you a tax rebate to pay for fuel...).

No, Boo. You can simply buy me 12 pints of ESB. Or Stout. Perhaps a nice Red Ale.

But, oh Boo, I'm not getting any younger. I know that you can buy people flowers over the Internet. There's got to be some enterprising swine out there that's made it possible to send someone a bouquet of a dozen strong beers.

tap, tap, tap

Waiting!

Berli calls and tells me things. He will, you know. He tells me there's a new edition of the D&D manuals out. Apparently there's a new 'Class'.

'Justicar'.

About damned time if you ask me ... obviously they have an abundance of wit, charm and wisdom ... probably snappy dressers too.

Joe

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Berli calls and tells me things. He will, you know. He tells me there's a new edition of the D&D manuals out. Apparently there's a new 'Class'.

'Justicar'.

About damned time if you ask me ... obviously they have an abundance of wit, charm and wisdom ... probably snappy dressers too.

Joe </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Berli calls and tells me things. He will, you know. He tells me there's a new edition of the D&D manuals out. Apparently there's a new 'Class'.

'Justicar'.

Joe </font>

Furthermore I've retained the services of MrSpkr and he assures me that the ManySoda statutes are explicit on the subject and throat slitting, cutting, slashing or stabbing are expressly prohibited so legally you haven't a leg to stand on.

Joe

Justicar, come out and plaaaaaayyyyy. Justicar, come out and plaaaaayyyyyyyy!

clinking noise of bottles

Originally posted by mike_the_wino2:

[

Suppose I should get that internet thingy at home......... :confused:

*check inbox, muppet

Always liked 'Mike the Wino'. Damn good fellow. Sent me wine, by damn.

Eventually, they all come to the Peng Challenge Thread.

We're like the Templars. Without the wealth. But with all the mysticism.

Are the Goodalers still out there?