I am wondering about who will do well playing in RealTime?

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

At present time we aren't planning on allowing a multi-player game to be paused at all, ever. Mav1 illustrates why better than I ever could :D

However, I would personally like to implement some sort of "Time Out" feature where each player has a set number of 30 second pauses he can use throughout a game. This is similar to organized sports. Not sure if we can do that for the initial release, or what form it will take, but it is at least being kept in mind.

Steve

OK then! smile.gif

That's the Spirit! :D

Don't sit down and play RealTime head to head if you have a problem with frequent "bathroom breaks"!. smile.gif

A 2 minute time out for a bathroom break to relieve your self once or twice might be ok, but again if it take extra time to program you can always add it in later. Maybe something like a simple formula of one 2 min time out for every 30 mins of Realtime. For a 60 min battle you have have 2 "time outs" of 2 mins each at anytime, after that you just have to "hold it in". smile.gif

-tom w

[ October 10, 2006, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I forgot to say that a "BioBreak" pause is something we can do separately. It could work like Cease Fire in CMx1. A player makes a request to break, the other person agrees, and the game is paused. However, unlike the system I just suggested the game would be FROZEN in all respects. Meaning, the only thing the player can do is request an end to the BioBreak. No moving the camera around, no checking on stuff. This is purely to pause the game for non-game reasons. Once both players have asked for an end to the BioBreak, the game starts again.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Oh, I forgot to say that a "BioBreak" pause is something we can do separately. It could work like Cease Fire in CMx1. A player makes a request to break, the other person agrees, and the game is paused. However, unlike the system I just suggested the game would be FROZEN in all respects. Meaning, the only thing the player can do is request an end to the BioBreak. No moving the camera around, no checking on stuff. This is purely to pause the game for non-game reasons. Once both players have asked for an end to the BioBreak, the game starts again.

Steve

Excellent!

Its gets even better! :D

" the game would be FROZEN in all respects.

Meaning, the only thing the player can do is request an end to the BioBreak. "

Perfect, that is exactly what I had in mind when I posted the first time about the bathroom break. smile.gif

-tom w

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I had hesitated bringing this up earlier, but what the heck...

If BFC provdes a 'bathroom break' button what will the game soldier animations for this function look like? :eek: :rolleyes:

Will the animated soldiers go for a pee pee and poo poo in the game for added realism smile.gif

[ October 11, 2006, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: mav1 ]

C'Rogers,

Well, he could always say no to the request.
Exactly. The point is to have the ability to stop the game without giving one person some sort of advantage. If you are off getting a beer and I already have one, then I shouldn't be allowed to sit there and take a look at my units and re-examine my strategy. That is exatly what we do not want. So when there is a mutually agreed to break, nobody gets any game benefit from it.

If the other person is continually calling for such breaks it means he is too busy to play and therefore you should call the game off or never play with that person again. Just like a PBEM game where the guy doesn't send his turn back for several days.

Steve