Arrrh, I'm crap at puzzles!

Originally posted by MikeyD:

Wouldn't it be wild if the secret was a straight redo of CMBO using the new game engine? We'd get to replay 'Chance Encounter' again and again - again!

But with the ability to do stuff like set up an MG in the church steeple, set the forested hill mass on fire deliberately, drive through the stone wall with a tank, allowing softskins to exploit the breach, massacre prisoners, use realistic artillery rules requiring battery access rather than counting shells, do recon with dismounted tank crews, then reman the tanks...lots of ways to improve the old war horse.

They've already stated, though, that they will never again release an 'all encompassing' game where every major AFV type of a specific nationality would be included, for example, so the focus would be rather more limited than CMBO.

That's right, Michael Dorosh. One such game would have to be way to expensive to pay for the time and effort involved, and the gameplay it delivers (as compared to the prices of average games today especially where you get a few dozen hours worth of gameplay for $40 on average). But a series of games can and will achieve this, or something very close to this.

This new game here goes a bit of a middle way but I cannot explain more at the moment without spilling all the pieces smile.gif

Martin

Martin,

Don’t discredit the concept of “you get what you pay for”.

I’ve happily parted with US$125.00 + shipping to Aust for a good simulation product.

I’m sure some fans would be happy to part with more than US$40.00 to get the “complete” solution.

gibsonm,

point taken, but just so you know, I for myself haven't parted with $125 for that simulation product, even though it's good and I really like a good sim smile.gif I don't want to go into an economic discussion or discredit the concept, but let's just say that we don't want to start selling specialized software for a price like that.

Martin

aircraft do look like b-17s on bomb run

obviously an afv (tank with explosion behind) looks like a sherman...

text on map element tells us jack

conclusion - definately ETO as MTO last major game CMAK) and i don't think too many lend-lease b-17 used on eastern front.

a8.gif

With Graphic Converter to Zoom In

My Rudimentary Memory of Cyrillic Lettering

and an English to Russian Online Dictionary for Confirmation

I will hazard a Good Guess that the Three Full Words towards the Bottom Read

Group Army Center

Now will someone please post the latest version of the puzzle

Humphrey as the beaten-down, cynical tank commander. Katherine Hepburn as the Medic attached to the section of tank riders commanded (really) by Edward G. Robinson. The tank named 'Liberate African Colonies from the subjugation by the Queen'. Peter Lorre as the young (official) section commander who has much to learn from his gruff section 2 i/c. I can see it now.

All the best

Andreas

You forgot Kurt Jorgenson(?) as the bitter German (a gentleman fighting for a lost cause) and of course (drum roll, credits flash up on screen ......)

James Mason as the “Desert Fox“ himself !!

Chock Tops and Jaffa’s available at the sweets counter!

Bugger - they have done it already, knew it was too good to be true:

Sahara

Sorry to hear that you have wasted your time. Some people seemed to have fun with the puzzle.

And that's all there was to is - fun. We have released the news about the game as soon as we got the green light, and the idea with the puzzle was a little fun to kill the waiting time. In case you didn't notice, the participation was voluntary smile.gif

We would have chosen a more historical image but seeing as the game covers 5 independent campaigns from entirely different fronts that was a little difficult to convey in one picture :) Hence the artistic wallpaper.

If you didn't have fun solving, then at least I definitely had fun watching tongue.gif

Martin