BF.C's forum absence means....

c3k

...they realize the magnitude of the work which needs to be done to CM:SF to bring it up to their high standards. With that recognition they have vowed to let their work speak for itself and will not post again until the highly anticipated v1.05 patch is released.

or

...they are tired of being slammed for the shoddy condition of CM:SF and "all your money are belong to us".

or

...they are waiting for the plaintive "thank you, we are not worthy" threads to exceed the volume of the "I can't believe I pre-ordered this game" threads.

Any other takers?

Regards,

Ken

(hoping for option 1, but I've been around enough not discount the others.)

Eh, how could any of us possibly know?

Me, I think it's probably close to #1 - nothing will be said until there's something to say. Or maybe someone's had a huge event in their personal lives and that's affecting the whole team - it is mainly only a few guys on 3 continents doing all of this.

Impossible to say.

-dale

myself, I'm not looking to debate BFC on the strategy of developing CMSF, I am just looking for answers to questions about what is supposed to do what. Go take a look through the support and tactics threads at questions that haven't been answered by anyone official.

Out of respect for your customers, I would think you would at least try to get some of those answered.

ditto Adam. That is what I have been saying from almost day 1. Most of the bugs aren't bugs, but players not understanding how things are supposed to work. A FAQ, designers notes, whatever. I have to believe that taking the time to do that would save a lot of headaches on all sides. Unless many of the questions we are asking really are tied to major bugs or design issues. Then all bets are off.

My typical scenario experience is:

Start the scenario

Give orders

watch action

repeat a few times

something weird happens

play some more

same weird thing happens

stop scenario

set up a test scenario

ask a question on forum

wait for a while

read a bunch of guesses from other players

give up

wait for patch

stop playing for a week or so

do it all again

That has been pretty consistent.

[ November 03, 2007, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: thewood ]

Originally posted by flamingknives:

HAH.

I suspect that had CMX1 been produced in exactly the same manner, but following on from an established series, it would have been slated in a similar manner to CMX2.

Although there might be a grain of truth in Jaws' post. Didn't the gang say that they were going to start on WWII concurrently with the Marines module?

I doubt it. That sort of diffusion of effort would slow things down IMHO. They might start the art while the Marines are being play tested but that's it.

Personally, I can't wait.

Originally posted by Other Means:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by flamingknives:

HAH.

I suspect that had CMX1 been produced in exactly the same manner, but following on from an established series, it would have been slated in a similar manner to CMX2.

Although there might be a grain of truth in Jaws' post. Didn't the gang say that they were going to start on WWII concurrently with the Marines module?

I doubt it. That sort of diffusion of effort would slow things down IMHO. They might start the art while the Marines are being play tested but that's it.

Personally, I can't wait. </font>

So what is the concensus? Will this work with WWII? Should I actually be bothering with this "brilliant wargame"? I find it more phun visiting the forum than looking a the cat **** clinging to the walls of the Syrian sandbox per the demo. I expected better, based on previous efforts, but I have a little time to waste if it's not a complete dud... Please keep me informed.