Old School waiting for CM

Originally posted by sage2:

Sniff. Man, that makes me nostalgic. I'm sad that I lost my original tag (sage) and member number (180?) when the board crashed just before CMBO was released.

Ahh, the great crash of May, 2000! I remember it well. In the end, I believe it made us stronger.

Originally posted by Major Catastrophe:

Forgive me - its been a huge amount of time since i last posted - 2001/2 i think. I have lurked, and now wait patiently for CM:SF, but when i was last here Fionn seemed to be doing whole swathes of AARs as the Germans and i spent days reading them - they were great - did it all go wrong, or have i got the wrong man

I also have been lurking, waiting for the next CM and interested in seeing how ToW turns out. Meanwhile, War in the Pacific have filled my PBEM crave. Nothing like a 3 year PBEM game to keep you on your toes smile.gif

Good to see many of the other 'old timers' still around and supporting the CM series.

Chad

Originally posted by Major Catastrophe:

Forgive me - its been a huge amount of time since i last posted - 2001/2 i think. I have lurked, and now wait patiently for CM:SF, but when i was last here Fionn seemed to be doing whole swathes of AARs as the Germans and i spent days reading them - they were great - did it all go wrong, or have i got the wrong man

Yes I also rememer Fion's good posts. I saved all his AAR's I could find. I even made word documents out of his articles from Mad Mat's site for the early CMBO AAR's including "Sunken Lane"

From memory he left the forum after after a heated disscussion about tactics, but I will not elaborate. But I have seen posts from him in other forums awhile ago. Hope he is still well.

Cheers MarkL

I was more than happy when BFC announced the modern setting for CMx2. Their choice was on spot. I mean you have a war going on out there, widely covered by the media, symbol of the East-West clash, with hardware, environments and situations never covered before in a wargame and the very same moment you go 60 years back to recreate the same old stuff?

I really cant wait for CMSF...I wasnt aware of CMBO when it first came out and the waiting for CMBB/CMAK wasnt that tense because of the same engine. Now, I can't remember waiting for a game so anxiously. Currently recovering from a knee surgery, I sit many hours in front of my pc turning myself into a refreshing monkey, desperate for any new word or screenie about CMSF. I can stand my knee's pains..it's the waiting I cant stand :D

Originally posted by Chad Harrison:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Major Catastrophe:

I also have been lurking, waiting for the next CM and interested in seeing how ToW turns out. Meanwhile, War in the Pacific have filled my PBEM crave. Nothing like a 3 year PBEM game to keep you on your toes smile.gif

Good to see many of the other 'old timers' still around and supporting the CM series.

Chad </font>