Spotting too accurate?

bodkin

Does anyone else agree that spotting of enemy troops compositions is too accurate?

My troops can tell what weapons an enemy squad in a building 500m away are carrying. I think at ranges over 100m it would be more realistic and make for a more challenging game to only know that there is a rifle squad of cetain numbers present etc.

At the moment I know when it's safe to bring my vehicles into a location even thought the enemy is still present because I know the guy in the enemy squad carrying the rpg is dead.

I play on veteran, but I don't think is situation is much different on elite.

I think the thread title should be "Is identifying enemies too accurate?" We've got plenty of discussions on the actual spotting being inaccurate. Like Here

Here's something. This is one second into the beginning of the battle...set on Veteran. I am the Syrians.

spotjm1.jpg

How do my guys know those Strykers have passengers?

Again, one second in, this time on Elite.

spot2ql5.jpg

spot2ql5.4d3405ec30.jpg

I shouldn't know those Strykers are carrying anybody...not yet at least. Not exactly what you are talking about but along the same lines.

But CMX1 had that same problem as you are discussing...I remember actually saying something on here about how my guys knew an HQ was a veteran after they'd spotted him....Ok, granted they could probably figure out he was a leader unit by observing his actions but no way to tell his level of experience before there was even an up close fire fight. And I always played Full FOW.

It was one of those limitations of the engine that I lived with. Hopefully it's something that can be fixed in this game, but if not I can live with it too. I just won't click on any enemies until the battle is over and I am checking the dead.

Mord.

[ September 09, 2007, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: Mord ]

Here's another. I clicked the Infantry icon, mind you those guys are still inside the Stryker, and I am still on Elite.

spot3pz2.jpg

I know what squad the dudes are from, the rank of their commander, and that they are engineers, from 155m away.

But like I said...no biggie. I was used to it in CMX1.

LOL. Yeah, it can be kinda hard to restrain yourself when the fighting gets really good.

Mord.

P.S. However my guys didn't identify any of that squads weapons.

Agree with the points brought up here, though I think in the case of seeing passengers "inside" stryker vehicles - isn't this because the passengers are hanging out of the hatches in the back?

I think in general, the distance to enemy units isn't as much of a factor with spotting as it should be - my guys seem to have the same relative chance to see units close up as they do 500 meters away. A lot of people have also noted many strange occasions where units (even vehicles) are not spotted right away at a distance of only 10 meters.

DUH! Yep. You guys are right. I didn't notice them sticking out. Very cool. No problem then!

I double checked with loaded Bradleys and they only saw the Brads...so all is as it should be in that department.

Mord.

Well it seems like for the time being I'll have to play elite, although I don't like the relative spotting of my own units, I know it's more realistic but just adds a bit of extra clicking and management into the game, but I can adapt.

Hopefully future patches may make veteran level a bit more realistic with less accurate intel on spotted enemies weapon status.

i dont know what others expirienced but i found there is nothing like "indentification" or so going on...

as soon as you have a spott, you have the identification for free so to say.

spotted=identified.

at least thats what i expirienced in Elite mode so far.

about spotting is too hard...

well i didnt had problems so far with spotting on the blue side.

but the red´s see sometimes too much nothing. i mean vehicles right in front of them or enemy squads 100m away inhouses shooting at them.

they are virtually blind, if i overdo it a bit ;)

I would also like to be more in a guessing Situation on identifiying. But there also have to be a Chance for Scoutunits looking on a Sector for more or less time that they should Spot Positions of Enemys hiding somewhere. There is absolutly no chance finding enemys hiding in a Building. Ambush is way to easy.