Bradleys dont Use AP Ammo and no TOW2

Taki

Hello.

Do i just dont get it?

Playing the Mission after Route Lighting where i have to do a Flank Attack with some Bradleys and an Infantry Battalion and 3 Strykers with Maingun on it.

Im comming on the Edge of Town. Bradleys got clear Visual Contact to enemy Tank near the Crossroad. They stand still and got Time to fire but they simply dont use their APDS Ammo on the Bushwacker Gun and dont Use the TOW2. They Shoot 2 Minutes with HE Ammo on the Tanks in a Test and simply dont use the Other. I can do Direct Target Aiming, Target Area, HAtch up or down. It all doesnt matter.

So it is a Bug or am i doing something wrong? Why dont they Use their freaking TOW?

I played that Campaign Mission the other Way around. Killed those 2 Tanks near the Cross Road with Javelins. Then advanced trough the City. There is a Last t-54B on the HIll near the Airport Hotel. I didnt get it with Javelins so i drove a Bradley in the Line. And after a short Time in the Dark (it was evening) he finally took a TOW and killed the Tank.

I dunno why they didnt Fire on those T-54B. Must be a Bug or something like that.

Originally posted by Exel:

Because someone thought that it'd be smart to use HE when AP doesn't work. :rolleyes:

Well... That is in same lieu as when I had 2 M1A1HCs and M1A2 suffer killing penetrations thru *frontal aspect* by fire from T-76MVs and T-72M (2001)s over distance of 1 km. Might be tough for them to produce top penetrations either, since my tanks were higher ground than them. Maybe secret "mole round" that attacks thru the ground.. tongue.gif Except hits were shown as turret front and upper hull...graphically tongue.gif

Balancing act ? tongue.gif Since whole game setup is ridiculously slewed towards one side..makes me wonder.

Naw, they shot you straight down the gun barrel! I assume there's a calculation for a weak point hit like in CM1 but three M-1's seems a little high. (Of course if we could right click and pull up the armor and penetration data like in CM1 we might be able to figure this out; but, that's for the upcoming Post, "Things I prefer about CM1!")

Originally posted by Sardaukar:

I had 2 M1A1HCs and M1A2 suffer killing penetrations thru *frontal aspect* by fire from T-76MVs and T-72M (2001)s over distance of 1 km.

Your point being?

Having your M1s knocked out is by no means impossible. The M1s just have better odds in a duel situation, since it usually takes more hits for a T-72 to knock out an M1 than the other way around.

Anybody with experience from professional simulators can tell you that...

Cheers

Olle

Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sardaukar:

I had 2 M1A1HCs and M1A2 suffer killing penetrations thru *frontal aspect* by fire from T-76MVs and T-72M (2001)s over distance of 1 km.

Your point being?

Having your M1s knocked out is by no means impossible. The M1s just have better odds in a duel situation, since it usually takes more hits for a T-72 to knock out an M1 than the other way around.

Cheers

Olle </font>

TOW stowage in Bradleys has dropped significantly in the game too. Its just a guess but that might reflect current stowage trends/policies? Get as much stuff that goes BOOM out of the fighting compartment as you can. Some Penatgon pencil pusher may have done a cost-benefit analysis and decided the benefit of carrying 6-9 TOWS stowed next to the troops wasn't worth the additional risk. Not based on any actual knowledge, just a thought ;)

They DONT Use the TOW2 even if they are Stationary.
funny thing is, if you give them area target it sometimes takes few moments to fire them away into some house or enemy squad :D

also the BMP´s, i saw BMP´s launch their missile twice after 1.04 and i played quiet some scenarios with BMP´s.

i think such vehicle should make these weapons ready as soon as they "spott" a superiour vehicle, if they dont they suffer from beeing the inferior one in therms of durability.

Originally posted by Michael Withstand:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sardaukar:

Your point being?

Cheers

Olle </font>

ABSOLUTELY!!

If I have an AT team with a Javelin -> which takes beaucoup user level interaction (split squad, enter vehicle, acquire weapon), WHY CAN I NOT SPECIFY WHEN AND WHERE THAT'S USED!?!

It's not like I'm trying to throw every grenade for a squad. C'mon. v1.05

Thanks,

Ken

APCs do not fire ATGMs *properly* period. This has been a problem since CMSF came out. I have posted here and there about it since the game came out and I am surprised this has not been a priority.

If one APC is faced with another there is no reason why it wouldn't fire an ATGM, especially at a distance--if the targetting unit is not moving; yes, I understand this must be the case. If it sees a tank in overwatch, hulldown or whatever this would/should be an instantaneous response. No delay, no waiting for the AI to decide, either that or there must be an over-ride for the human player. Absolutely.

I would rather have units out of ammo than not use their ammo. Especially in this setting, where a single TOW is a guaranteed kill. Nothing like a tungsten round in CMx1.

I do agree Bradleys used to be better at firing their TOWS. And they used to carry spares and they used to reload their launchers. But something was altered to fix 'something' and we've now got the TOW use that we've got. Let's keep hope alive for more patches.

A Syria invasion certainly would have very different rule of engagement than an Iraq occupation, but I've heard that currently you've got to get official permission from pretty high up the food chain before you're allowed to use any of your 'big' weapons.

Just to had more fuel to the fire, I am playing a scenario with many Bradkeys, most of which are always in stationary overwatch for at least 5 minutes at a time.

30 minutes in, there as only been one TOW fired... at a ATGM team, so far all the other Bradleys only use the 25 mm gun to engage AFVs.