1.04 - Release date and informations?

Soon very soon, just joking, seriously being one of the Beta testers not sure what would be the time frame it could be two weeks, two and half weeks not sure. I know were on it, but Steve would most likely drop in and say with a better time frame.

JohnO

Bumping this thread for requesting some fixes for serious issues (for me ;) ) that you guy must already know (yeah, in fact, I'm just lobbying :D ).

Along with the LOS/LOF and pathfinding which can't be perfectly solved, may I ask if those issues are going to be addressed :

*Collision Detection : In 1.03, vehicles avoid better other vehicles when following a path.

Still a vehicle can always overlap another one to follow its path. A minimal collision detection model like in CMX1 should make this overlapping impossible.

*Command queuing : Following this thread , we can theoritically put 4 different commands on a same waypoint ; it's not the case right now.

Stikkypixe have noticed for example the pausing issue ( pause order plotted on a waypoint won't be executed) , but other orders like pop smoke don't work too. Overall, you can't plot more than one effective order per waypoint.

Also, some orders like cover arc aren't simply followed , which is especially annoying for ambushes.

*Moveable waypoints.

*Pause order : 15 seconds delay is too much. Shorter is better ;)

also the "supportweaponbug" as i call it, could need assistance smile.gif

happens also with MG teams and AGS30 teams quiet regulary if you move them much.

the blue circle shows the launcher, the team in the middle and the explosion becouse the missile path was calculated from the wrong position.

supportteambuug1zx7.jpg

About the Nvidia-problem. As this seems to be popping up with lots of recently released games and no fix is found by inspectring graphics card alone. Here is a thought:

- Why not collect info about three things:

Processor+graphics card+chipset of the mobo

I think the answer to these problems lies in the combination of these rather than one factor alone.

If it turns out to be a hardware or BIOS issue then the game makers cannot do much about it. But the hardware manufacturers might be able to come up with a solution.

in Cmx1 on heavier vehicle could push a ligther vehicle out of the way, (good collision detection), in CMx2 one vehicle simply drives right through the other vehicle..

I hope to see some work on not only collision detection but, like good old CMx1 having the ability for an active vehicle to push a dead one out of the way, for instance in a breached wall situation. e.g. Stryker enters tall wall breach and gets KO'd can another stryker push it out of the way to move it to come throught the breach behind it?

It worked on bridges in CMx1 so while it might tricky to code we known its doable. (theoretically speaking)

-tom w

Originally posted by Darkmath:

Bumping this thread for requesting some fixes for serious issues (for me ;) ) that you guy must already know (yeah, in fact, I'm just lobbying :D ).

Along with the LOS/LOF and pathfinding which can't be perfectly solved, may I ask if those issues are going to be addressed :

*Collision Detection : In 1.03, vehicles avoid better other vehicles when following a path.

Still a vehicle can always overlap another one to follow its path. A minimal collision detection model like in CMX1 should make this overlapping impossible.

*Command queuing : Following this thread , we can theoritically put 4 different commands on a same waypoint ; it's not the case right now.

Stikkypixe have noticed for example the pausing issue ( pause order plotted on a waypoint won't be executed) , but other orders like pop smoke don't work too. Overall, you can't plot more than one effective order per waypoint.

Also, some orders like cover arc aren't simply followed , which is especially annoying for ambushes.

*Moveable waypoints.

*Pause order : 15 seconds delay is too much. Shorter is better ;)

A couple of questions:

In the real world, how often does a KO'd vehicle push another out of the way? ISTR that in WW2 KO'd armoured vehicles would block the road and require engineering vehicles to come up and shift them (bulldozers, recovery vehicles)

With the dense forests, is the undergrowth considered part of it, as it was in CMX1, or do you have to add that separately? In beech woodland (lots of trees but very little undergrowth) you can often see a hundred metres or more.

THe undergrowth part in CMX2 is independant from the tree you put in the editor. You could add palm trees on a brush tile for example.

I mean some tree types in CMX2 have a large foliage pattern so you can't see with the player's camera through when the tree density is high enough, even without brush or tall grass. If you can't see through, how the unit could do since it is 1:1 LOS representation?

Originally posted by flamingknives:

A couple of questions:

In the real world, how often does a KO'd vehicle push another out of the way?

Yes, but on the other hand, in the real world how often do tanks drive clean through each other! Talk about Ghost In The Machine!

Actually, I couldn't tell if you were for or against having them being able to push KOs out of the way...either way driving through each other is very wrong looking!

Mord.

Please consider the following issue: vehicle (BMP-2) does not react to movement orders any more after having received a cover arc order. Cover arc has to be cancelled (when will we get a target cancel hotkey, by the way) and after some trial and error the vehicle moves again.

Annoying.

Hide orders after move orders: tried to sneak a sentry up to the enemy by giving a slow order followed by a hide order. Soldier got to observation point (roof), stood up in plain view of the enemy, died.

Please bring back CMx1 move-hide functionality!

Syrian HQ squad hunts into house, gets under fire, takes casualties. I try to rush them out the way they came in, but my orders are ignored. Squad stays in place, facing the enemy, until killed to the last man. Frustrating, and unrealistic, I guess.

Best regards,

Thomm

I have yet to see anybody flee in any direction. Didn't panicked units used to get up and do weird stuff...well because they were panicking? Or was that routed? Anyway, as much as I am loving this game, all the fighting to the death takes away from the realism.

Another problem I am having is that my sound is stuttering when there are a bunch of units close together firing.

And the Syrian ATGM, Vehicle and squad, won't fire their rockets.

Mord.