Seanachai, you knob, why'd you challenge Peng?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

On a sidenote… why does stoat display no sign that he is a Squire of Rleete’s… is stoat ashamed?

Who wouldn't be?

Well...but you are...different...and we all know what that means.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ah, I love my new kayak. I've come up with a possible name for it: A'Tuin.

I'm sure at least some of you halfwits will get the reference.

Uh huh.

And may I ask just why you want to call your kayak A'Tuin? Are you planning on using the information to impress the ladies? When they ask what the name means (all giggly and wide-eyed), will you say,

"Great A'tuin is the star turtle (genus Chelys Galactica) that carries the Discworld through space."

At which point, their smiles will begin to falter and their eyes glaze over, yet, oblivious to all this, you will natter on;

" 10,000 miles long and nearly as big as the disc itself, not much is known about A'tuin, even it's sex remains a mystery."

Right about now, they'll begin to suspect that sex is a mystery to you, too, but there's no stopping you now, is there?

" A mystery that the astronomers of Krull were determined to solve, unfortunately their space ship - The Potent Voyager - was misappropriated by Rincewind and Twoflower."

And as you slowly wind down and your thoughts return to earth, you notice that you're all alone... and just when you were getting ready to invite them to the next Star Trek convention.

Originally posted by SturmSebber:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stikkypixie:

HA! My exams are finally over! I can now start thinking about studying for the ones I fail. In the mean, I will be gone until the 13th of July so don't bother to contact me.

Going back to your homeplanet? </font>

The strange thing is, when I was driving the parkway between Lake Calhoun and Lake of the Isles, looking for a place to park, set-up the kayak, and put in, I noticed all these police vehicles and 'Eyewitness News' vans in the park. When I got home this evening it turns out they pulled the body of a 20 year old woman out of the canal between Calhoun and Lake of the Isles. I paddled right through the area.

What? Again?

I swear, they pull more women out of that canal. Must be a serial kayaker down there or somfink.

Also, it is big time funny to watch a family who doesn't know much about canoes try to paddle a narrow channel. Dad, Mom and pre-teen daughter in a rental canoe trying to paddle the roadway overpass/channel to Lake Calhoun: They bounced that tin boat off the concrete wall three times in 100 feet, and the final time they not only whammed into it at speed, they then all three tried pushing off from with it with their paddles at the same time, and only some serious clutching and yipping kept them from spinning the canoe upside down and them into the water.

Probably would have done better if they hadn't already dumped thier 20 year old daughter...

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Also, it is big time funny to watch a family who doesn't know much about canoes try to paddle a narrow channel. Dad, Mom and pre-teen daughter in a rental canoe trying to paddle the roadway overpass/channel to Lake Calhoun: They bounced that tin boat off the concrete wall three times in 100 feet, and the final time they not only whammed into it at speed, they then all three tried pushing off from with it with their paddles at the same time, and only some serious clutching and yipping kept them from spinning the canoe upside down and them into the water.

Probably would have done better if they hadn't already dumped thier 20 year old daughter... </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

My guess is they were vainly trying to get away from the odd little man straddling the inflatable Ron Jeremy doll drifting their way, screaming about a giant turtle.

Your imagination is a worry sometimes,Boo.

That is a seriously disturbing image there Boo Radley. I think Seanachai is practicing so he can take his kayak and paddle to New York where he can get a one bedroom apartment for only $3,500.00 a month, but hey, at least the Italian food isn't catsup over macaroni, right?

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Ah, I love my new kayak. I've come up with a possible name for it: A'Tuin.

I'm sure at least some of you halfwits will get the reference.

Uh huh.

And may I ask just why you want to call your kayak A'Tuin? </font>