Demo game after July 27th, 2007 release date?

Originally posted by pad152:

No demo before the release?

I don't like this trend! :(

Well, there goes the per-order! :rolleyes:

How do you know?

I don't see anyone from BTS/BFC in the earlier posts and therefore (with due respect) they are guesses.

[ June 01, 2007, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

No demo before the release?

I don't like this trend! :(

Well, there goes the per-order! :rolleyes:

Yeah, cause God-forbid you don't order RIGHT ON THE FIRST DAY THE GAME IS RELEASED.

It's summer, man. Go find a girl, head for the hills, take in some rays, eat some cheese. Try on the demo when it comes out. Chill out.

Of course, maybe you have a girl and you need the game just to get your mind off her shrill barking. Ok, we can sympathize. Or maybe you're in like, the southern tip of Argentina or some damn place and its winter.

You know what? I apologize. It's 27 degrees Celsius here and gorgeous and I'm about to head out for a weekend in the sun. And you're there in the snow kvetching about CM:SF. I can see your point.

Try emailing Madmatt. A lot. You may not get much sympathy, but it will probably be more than you'll get here.

Now put on a sweater and run through a few Steel Panthers scens just for exercise or somefink.

Well of course you don't have to buy it straight away, do you?

Wait for the demo to come out and then purchase.

The whole thing about a pre-order is that you accept some risk that the game wont be exactly what you want and in return the seller offers it to you at a discount. Just like buying a unit "off the plan".

I'm almost certain that the CMx1 series (if I recall correctly) did have a demo but didn't take pre-orders.

You can't have it both ways and demand a full blown demo AND then expect a discount for pre-ordering.

Outside of knocking a few bucks off the price preordering is a pointless conversation. Ain't like the old days when you had to sweat it out for a week or more waiting for CM to hit your mailbox (and have the mini coronary when you didn't see the disc!). Getting the jump on everybody is only gonna buy you minutes or hours, maybe a day of bragging rights. Big deal. With the digital down load option you can have a copy of the game the same day you pay for it anyways. No more eying up the mailman and cursing his existence when he doesn't deliver the game.

Me, I'll probably buy it outright or may wait for the demo...who cares? It's an instant transaction now, if I choose it to be. However I decide I'll have the game as quick as my cable modem can get it on my hard drive when that time comes.

Mord.

I didn't like what Battlefront did with TOW, releasing the demo after the per-order ended. I hope they release the demo before the per-order ends.

I think this is the way they have always did it. I have been a member since the begining and thats the way I remember it.

When it comes to the CM games I will always preorder them for I have trust in the develeopment team from the past 3 games. ;)

Let's remember this ain't supposed to be some flash-in-the-pan shooter spectacular that's gone from the shelves in 6 months. This game's going to be in their permanent inventory for a long looong time. Wouldn't you prefer a demo of the clean final game as opposed to one rushed out before the last of the bugs/animations/textures were completed? If you don't rush to sign up for the preorder you can buy the game 1-2-3 months down the road after the (invariably great) reviews are in. To quote from that old 'Kung Fu' TV show "Patience Grasshopper!"

OK so don't pre-order it,

Remember, they have said there would be a demo, and they will be an instant pay and download option so what do we have to lose?

Really?

Wait for the demo, play the demo and see of you need to upgrade your computer, you can pay and download the game with a broadband connection (probably overnight, but I am just guessing) and there you go, no need to pre-order! smile.gif

So don't pre-order, its not problem really. Just play the demo and see for your self.

-tom w

Well if it wasnt for CMBO's demo, a lot of us wouldnt be here. The day BFC doesnt demo a new game is the day Charles quits to join the French Foreign Legion and his first mission is to use Madmatt as target practice and Moon joins the Space Lobster Federation, admits he likes Mexican beer, and joins the cast of Ugly Betty.

Originally posted by Sixxkiller:

Well if it wasnt for CMBO's demo, a lot of us wouldnt be here.

tell me about it, i was a wee little boy of maybe 13, staying home sick from school and reading my brothers "Game Informer" magazines. I flipped to the end of some issue and saw, "demo of the month - Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord". Why, it was love at first sight.

I didn't like what Battlefront did with TOW, releasing the demo after the per-order ended. I hope they release the demo before the per-order ends.

Huh? I D/L'd the demo before ordering the game via the pre-release special offer. ...granted there was only a few days window IIRC, and i actually never had the time to really look at the demo closely...