Australia hijacks the Peng Challenge Thread...yet again!!

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrPeng:

Eh, Berli should we get cracking on this project or just bail and have some Gins and Tonics? I'm fairly certain the kayaking will take care of the problem for us sooner or later.

Choice between Seanachai and booze? While you're passing me the gin, tell me, who were we talking about? </font>

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I was out on the lake for an hour and a half, tonight, kayaking my arse off. While I was out, a good, stiff wind came up, raising the surface of the lake and making my drive to the south end a very good work-out.

That's a big lake!

gnometubtoy3fc.jpg

Today’s newspaper contained an add from Quest stating that DSL Service may soon become available in my neck of the woods. I have spied no trucks, no large spools of cable, no Lineman, no trenches, nothing, nothing at all that would make me believe this might be true. I remain connected at a blazing 24000 bps.

Originally posted by dalem:

I continue to hate you all.

-dale

Yet not enough to do more than stick your nose in the door apparently.

Bah ... your hatred is as weak as thrice brewed coffee, as ineffectual as green conscripts against SS Panzergrenadiers, as harmless as a new born mouse.

You have no hatred, you merely spout the words, you make but an appearance once a month in the vain hope that we will not, at long last and after much disappointment FORGET YOU ENTIRELY!

Well it will not DO bucko!

STAND AND DELIVER SIR!

ONCE A CESSPOOLER, ALWAYS A CESSPOOLER!

THEN and ONLY then will you earn our hatred in return. Till then ... we turn our backs on you.

Return to us or slink away proving yourself the abject reject.

In short ... SEND A SETUP!

Or I can send one to you, it's a lovely new Ker Dessel* creation called "Doc, It Burns When I Pee!" You can be the Germans.

Joe

* Ker Dessel - When It's Called A Setup For A Reason

Aren't we supposed to be...deciding something about stoat?

It has been decided, quite awhile ago in fact & against my own wishes, that stoat is now rleete's.

I assure you we will all rue that particular example of Justicafoolishness.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Or I can send one to you, it's a lovely new Ker Dessel* creation called "Doc, It Burns When I Pee!" You can be the Germans.

Great scenario by the Justicar, very balanced... did he mention that I once won as the Germans?

Anyhow don't you owe me a turn Joe?

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Great scenario by the Justicar, very balanced... did he mention that I once won as the Germans?

Anyhow don't you owe me a turn Joe? </font>

Originally posted by Yeknodathon:

Quite likely to be rabbit activity. I'd certainly look to the rabbits to gain improvement in DSL Service. Good rabbit relations, better Internet service. Bad rabbit relations and your spools will disappear, your trenches filled, Lineman held hostage and your cable chewed.

Tell me again about the rabbits, George...

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Eh, Berli should we get cracking on this project or just bail and have some Gins and Tonics? I'm fairly certain the kayaking will take care of the problem for us sooner or later.

Choice between Seanachai and booze? While you're passing me the gin, tell me, who were we talking about? </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Tell me again about the rabbits, George...

[And at the start of a cool, summer morning as the birds strain their lungs to their morning chorus something grey and heavy slowly rises on hind legs like the mightiest Lipizzaner. And with forehooves tucked under chin, top lip curled back to reveal the sharpest anti-telecoms teeth and ears made taut for the sound of intruders from land or lake the ghastly giant hops around the Paddock, stopping here and there to look under a bush or inspect a hole in case Abbotts have taken residence]

[ June 17, 2006, 09:50 PM: Message edited by: Yeknodathon ]

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Seanachai, you bathe with Small Emma?

That is SO wrong!!

Ah do not! She is my wee, small friend. Her Ma bathes with her. Her Da' may bathe with her. But I am simply Grandma Steve, and the only thing we do together is watch cartoons, play incomprehensible child games, and, sometimes, fight with finger-puppets.

I would reach right up the arse of anyone who sought to harm her, and pull their heart out and show it to them. I may be short, stout and by nature kindly, but I am as calculatingly violent as a weasel when it comes to harm befalling my friends. Especially my small friends. I maintain this standard of attitude beginning with self, and then apply it across all other lines of humanity. Hand - arse- heart - show & tell.

I've never been a parent...wistful...I'm never likely to be a parent. Frankly, I think I'd be ****e at it. But I think I could be a really good Grandma Steve.

You get what you make of this life. Sometimes, late at night, I take the regrets out and line them up. I used to try and match them with some supposed delight, like an antonymic form of 'Concentration'. But now, I usually just take the whole pile and throw it up in the air, å la '52-Card Emotional Pickup'. As I gather up the moments, I try not to keep score, but take each for what they are. It would comfort me to think that every moment of humiliation, self-doubt and writhing self-loathing was somehow perfectly matched by a moment of selflessness, of generosity, and bliss.

I'd like my innumerable failures as a person to be matched by some kind of achievement. And that's why I no longer keep score.

Sometimes the best you can do in an otherwise incompetent life is 'borrow' a joy from the people who are doing the work to deserve it. It doesn't mean that it's any less precious to you. Nor that you'd be any less repulsed and outraged by any degradation or abuse of it.

I have a little friend. She's almost 3 years old. She's a daughter of the Goddess. She told me, yesterday: "Grandma Steve, I don't have my sandals on (and she stuck out her small foot). Big girls don't always have to wear their sandals. Big girls can sometimes go barefoot. I'm a big sister now, you know."

It's like hearing a song that you've always known; simple, silly and beautiful.

Sing, you lot of sorry bastards. Sing louder!

Sturmy, if you want me to raise you to the lofty & utterly pointless rank of Knight of the Cesspool then you'd better get pleasing me pronto!

I feel all nautical today...

Well it's all for me grog, me jolly jolly grog,

It's all for me beer and tobacco.

For I spent all me tin on the lassies drinking gin,

Far across the western ocean I must wander.

Where are me boots, me noggin', noggin' boots,

They're all gone for beer and tobacco.

For the heels they are worn out and the toes are kicked about

And the soles are looking out for better weather.

Where is me shirt, me noggin', noggin' shirt,

It's all gone for beer and tobacco,

For the collar is all worn, and the sleeves they are all torn,

And the tail is looking out for better weather.

I'm sick in the head and I haven't been to bed,

Since first I came ashore from me slumber,

For I spent all me dough on the lassies don't you know,