REFORGER '86 project

Hi.

Now, when I've ended making my US Soldiers mods I started my project: REFORGER86.

This project will transform CMSF into Cold War Era. Action takes place in alternate history when Soviet Army attacks US Forces stationed in Germany during REFORGER training in 1986. Player will control two sides - US 82nd Airborne Division with Armor support and Russian VDV Paratroopers with support of Russian Armored Division.

*Now relased*

In this relase you can find new interface and Soviet VDV Soldiers.

Here's preview:

- Soviet Soldiers

sovietsols.jpg

- Interface

reforger86gui1.jpg

reforger86gui2.jpg

reforger86gui3.jpg

reforger86gui5.jpg

*In plans*

I have in plans US tanks in Winter MERDC camo, updated BDU Soldiers and maybe updated my Euro Buildings. I DON'T have in plans Russian Vehicles (There's already available some russian vehicles by Romml and also Gordon planning to make some).

I'm not sure what about scenarios.

*Credits*

KLMK camo is not made by me. I've found sample on internet and apllied it few times on CMSF model. I've contrasted it a bit, made some wrinkles, a little desaturated, pasted few times.

Interface is made by me, but photos are not mine. I've found some on internet and edited them.

Fit's perfectly with my BDU US Soldiers and my European Builidngs, RockinHarry and Romml vegetation mods, Romml russian vehicles and Gordon Nato vehicles.

Available at CMMods.com

Hope you like it. Any critics, bug reports, feedbacks, opinions welcomed. smile.gif

Hi,

Great mod…

Quite a few of us are thinking the same way… shame to waste CMSF “just” on the Middle East. I have come down on doing the Battle For The Ukraine 2008 with Russia coming to aid of the ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine and NATO coming the aid of Ukraine…

But no matter we are all after the same… high-intensity warfare between major nations/blocks. East v West.

I think the camo Syrian AFVs ship with in CMSF is fine for Russia… but look forward to using your Russian uniforms… they look great.

The Russian voice mod I have in there already adds a lot.

All a lot of fun…

CMSF really is stunner… never thought it would quite so good…

All the best,

Kip.

Adam,

Yep.

the numbers denote 3 Armored Division 3rd Battalion 32nd Armor, B Company, 1st platoon.

I was in B Company 3rd Battalion 32nd Armor, 3rd Platoon...

The battalion cohorted back to Fort Hood in late 86. I joined them there in Jan 87. It was all the same guys then as in Germany, except they now had Abrams vice the M-60s.

So, I will most likely recognize a few if not all of the soldiers in the image.

Originally posted by Blackhorse:

paratroop,

Where did you find the second image (interface)?

I'd love to get a copy of it, as I'm sure I'll recognize the faces in the photo.

tia,

BH

I found that image on MilitaryPhotos.net forums.

Here's unedited version:

i4_a3_1b.jpg

Originally posted by LongLeftFlank: Anyway, the VDV desantniki should be wearing striped sailor undershirts (The Louch's Chechen mods will help here).

Thanks for info. I will add these undershirts later and relase updated version with part2 of my project.

Originally posted by RuhrRiver:

I'm sure this is an elementary question, but why would the USSR launch an attack during Reforger? Weren't a lot of NATO troops out and about as opposed to some holiday or something?

If I remember correctly, during one of the REFORGER training (I don't remember year) there was misunderstanding between West and East. Russia thought that US planning attack in Germany, but that was just REFORGER training. In real life nothing happend but my project want to show "what if?" scenario where that misunderstanding takes place again, in 1986 and starts regular war between US and Warsaw Pact. Soviets think that US preparing for attack, so launch full scale assault before US.