Peng Challenges all Other Threads to Fisticuffs on Boxing Day

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

3. It is better that a hundred thousand people should perish than that he should be even slightly inconvenienced.

Got a point there, Sparky? </font>

The silicon chip inside her head

Gets switched to overload.

And nobody's gonna go to school today,

She's going to make them stay at home.

And daddy doesn't understand it,

He always said she was as good as gold.

And he can see no reason

'Cause there are no reasons

What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoot

The whole day down.

The telex machine is kept so clean

As it types to a waiting world.

And mother feels so shocked,

Father's world is rocked,

And their thoughts turn to

Their own little girl.

Sweet 16 ain't so peachy keen,

No, it ain't so neat to admit defeat.

They can see no reasons

What reason do you need to be shown?

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoot

The whole day down.

All the playing's stopped in the playground now

She wants to play with her toys a while.

And school's out early and soon we'll be learning

And the lesson today is how to die.

And then the bullhorn crackles,

And the captain crackles,

With the problems and the how's and why's.

And he can see no reasons

What reason do you need to die?

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

Tell me why?

I don't like Mondays.

I want to shoot

The whole day down.

Surn Tent Babbs...

Surn Tent Babbs...
Isn't that just cute ... see how he changed around the first letters to form a CODE! Isn't that cute.

LOOK pal ... the Mutha Beautiful Thread isn't an email notification system. Anyone with half a brain will KNOW you sent the freaking turn when they check their email.

Oh wait ... you're talking to Abbott aren't you ... well, yes, one DOES see the necessity then.

But stop it anyway, it's annoying ... much like you.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

On a related note, I'd like to advise the M.B.T. that Sir Sir 37mm is turning into a grog, and not just ANY old grog like Grog Dorosh, but a CM grog and they're the worst kind.

You know the ones I mean ... "I say old boy, you made a bit of an error there not using the +2 morale leader unit."

Or how about ... "You should know that you can't get a flamethrower unit to open fire in the last 14.5 seconds of a turn. EVERYONE knows that."

Neither of those were used by Sir Sir 37mm in an email message about our current game, a World War ONE gem about the Somme (I even offerred him, FREE OF CHARGE, a GREAT name for it ... "Somme Like It Hot" ... but he spurned my suggestion) but it was much the same. Indicative of someone who actually PAYS ATTENTION TO THE RULES and the WAY THE GAME WORKS!

Might as well argue about the glacis thickness on a Jeep if you ask me, it's UNCESSPUDLIAN is what it is.

I only mentioned in passing, without judgement or rancour, that charging out of his trenches using the RUN command (!!) straight into a hail of withering rifle fire didn't seem like one of his better ideas... a perectly expected idea seeing as it was Joe but still not too bright a one.

Now if I can only get him to do something equally daft with his brand new Tank then I'll be sorted.

Joe Shaw Griffith is the perfect candidate for running straight into rifle fire. His name ought to be "Pickett." The only question remaining; Exactly how many minnie balls did it take to bring down his lieutenant/lackey Boo Radley Fife?

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

On a related note, I'd like to advise the M.B.T. that Sir Sir 37mm is turning into a grog, and not just ANY old grog like Grog Dorosh, but a CM grog and they're the worst kind.

You know the ones I mean ... "I say old boy, you made a bit of an error there not using the +2 morale leader unit."

Or how about ... "You should know that you can't get a flamethrower unit to open fire in the last 14.5 seconds of a turn. EVERYONE knows that."

Neither of those were used by Sir Sir 37mm in an email message about our current game, a World War ONE gem about the Somme (I even offerred him, FREE OF CHARGE, a GREAT name for it ... "Somme Like It Hot" ... but he spurned my suggestion) but it was much the same. Indicative of someone who actually PAYS ATTENTION TO THE RULES and the WAY THE GAME WORKS!

Might as well argue about the glacis thickness on a Jeep if you ask me, it's UNCESSPUDLIAN is what it is.

I only mentioned in passing, without judgement or rancour, that charging out of his trenches using the RUN command (!!) straight into a hail of withering rifle fire didn't seem like one of his better ideas... a perectly expected idea seeing as it was Joe but still not too bright a one.

Now if I can only get him to do something equally daft with his brand new Tank then I'll be sorted. </font>

As if any REAL CessPudlian would fret and stew about this or that movement command. A MOVE is a MOVE say I and the faster the move the quicker the job's done.

I agree with you there... you'll be driven back away from Loop Trench shortly enough.

You see lads ... he ADMITS it.

As if any REAL CessPudlian would fret and stew about this or that movement command. A MOVE is a MOVE say I and the faster the move the quicker the job's done.

Besides, everyone knows that WALKING into withering rifle fire is a hell of a lot worse than running ... it's slower you see and the riflemen have a better chance to hit.

And it wasn't the fact that I was RUNNING that he mentioned, but rather ... and I love this ... that I was taking A MORALE HIT! Can you believe it ... a MORALE HIT! My troops morale is fine right up until the time it isn't and that's all I need to know.

A morale hit indeed ... tell us about the little lighting bolt on the leaders why don't you, I'll bet you know ALL about that too don't you.

CM Grog ...

Joe

Now you're talking gibberish! You get hurt a lot more by running IN TO bullets. The correct to do would have been to run the other way.

Has Abbott jumped his bail? He hasn't really been seen since he fired his "lawyer" so to speak. You lot did think to impose a bail of some sort on him before a lesser judge than I.......did you not? As far as the trial goes, I'm not going to impose a gag order right now. But if you chose to be very bad I'll have to get one of those ball things that go in the mouth (commonly known as a ball gag, not that I would know) that Abbott had mentioned some time ago.

Originally posted by bauhaus:

Has Abbott jumped his bail? He hasn't really been seen since he fired his "lawyer" so to speak. You lot did think to impose a bail of some sort on him before a lesser judge than I.......did you not? As far as the trial goes, I'm not going to impose a gag order right now. But if you chose to be very bad I'll have to get one of those ball things that go in the mouth (commonly known as a ball gag, not that I would know) that Abbott had mentioned some time ago.

Well he jumped the shark some time ago ... but bail?

Nah, think about it ... either he shows up, we hang him and we're rid or him or he doesn't show up and we're rid of him ... win/win.

Of course we'll STILL have the trial and convict him in absentia ... and yes, the STENOGRAPHERS will be present ... sheesh.

Joe

In regards to the wayward Abbott...

What would Yang be without Yin?

Reagan without Gorbachev?

The Dead Kennedy's without Jello Biafra?

And before Joe asks me if I have a point or Boo comes up with some gem of wisdom disquised in road apple clothing... wait, what was I saying?

Oh ya, where do I get a permit to sell pencils in front of the courthouse?

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

All we need now is someone to do unbiased, objective reporting of the events, to inform the unwashed masses and maybe also the washed ones.

It's our intent to provide recordings of the proceedings on the Peng Challenge Thread Podcast website.

The reportage will be Fairly Unbalanced ... I mean, Fair and Balanced.

Joe

Does anyone else hate this new Battlefront.Com TOW banner?

The forum window space is certainly smaller, and the movement is distracting when trying to read the posts. I say get rid of it....can we add this request as an addendum to Abbott's heresy trial?