The Nibelungen Peng Challenge Ring Saga Thread...I Know, Let's Do a Show!

Meat is always the first thing I go for too, actually about the only veges I have in the house at the moment are a couple of tins of green beans and an 8 year old tin of spinach(I don't know why I have it either).

Maybe I am a cat. That would mean Emrys is wrong, which is logical.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Stuka:

bloody cats aren't above having a chew on your body should you be so careless as to drop dead in a locked apartment either....

At the 1992 American Academy of Forensic Sciences conference in New Orleans, a forensic pathologist stated that individuals living alone sometimes died unexpectedly and unnoticed. He claimed that, in his experience, a pet dog would go for several days before it resorted to eating the owner's body. A pet cat would wait only a day or two. What he didn't mention was that cats are obligate carnivores and, unlike dogs (which are more omnivorous), cats cannot consume other potential foodstuffs that might be lying around the home (fruit, veg, cookies). For a dog, the corpse might be a last resort, but for an obligate carnivore, it may be the first resort.

Bloody cats hey?

AIUI, cats can't go without eating for more than two days or so before their health starts to suffer (liver problems set in), whereas dogs can go without food for a week, if not longer, before they start to suffer. This is in keeping with the above quoted findings.

So this makes me wonder if dalem's cat was underfed when he chose to gnaw on Seanachai's nose, way back when.

How long was it before the people depicted in the movie Alive resorted to cannibalism? I've seen some members of this board exhibit cannibalistic tendencies in a matter of hours when presented with a new member.

Originally posted by Stuka:

bloody cats aren't above having a chew on your body should you be so careless as to drop dead in a locked apartment either..

Look at this way, the dead person's not going to notice, and the relatives will have less remains to deal with.

So cats do a service.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

bloody cats aren't above having a chew on your body should you be so careless as to drop dead in a locked apartment either..

Look at this way, the dead person's not going to notice, and the relatives will have less remains to deal with.

So cats do a service. </font>

How long was it before the people depicted in the movie Alive resorted to cannibalism? I've seen some members of this board exhibit cannibalistic tendencies in a matter of hours when presented with a new member.
I fear I must disagree Milady ... cannibalism is only cannibalism if done within the same species ... I'm not convinced that SSNs are even in the same genus as us.

Joe

Originally posted by Bugged:

How long was it before the people depicted in the movie Alive resorted to cannibalism?

Well, they were rugby players, so my personal theory has always been that they simply ate the flight crew and caused the crash in the first place.

Okay, now I know this is gross but something tells me you guys can handle it...

Remember that French(?) woman who passed out and her dog ate part of her face while she was unconscious? She was the recipient of the first-ever face transplant. Well, I heard that when she came-to she didn't even know what had happened at first. It wasn't until she went to light a cigarette, and couldn't, that she realized something was wrong.

I wonder what kind of dog that was.

Don't hypo me! His brain is gone! What of Lazarus? I have never calculated them Captain. Is that your secret - the thunderbolts you throw? Peter the Great once had a problem like that, he -. An-ti-bo-dies. Well whaddya know - I finally got the last word. Captain, I'm frightened. Sylvia! I canna change the laws of physics - I've got to have thirty minutes! No more blah blah blah! You broke my sword! Only if it does something called a "strafing run". And second - close that door. We call it tranya. I will be merciful and quick. Pain! With an armful of this stuff, I wouldn't be afraid of a supernova. Well, it's better than "hey you!" Think about music. How long before we all simply "get in the way?" Look at you - you're an old man - I'm still thirty years old! I was forced to use the Vulcan Death Grip. There was, but not any more! I am attempting to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins. He's dead, Jim. Hail, Hail, fire and snow. Ruth! That's mutiny, Mister! It would have been glorious. I beamed them over to the Klingon ship, where there'll be no tribble at all. My son, the doctor.

Originally posted by dalem:

Don't hypo me! His brain is gone! What of Lazarus? I have never calculated them Captain. Is that your secret - the thunderbolts you throw? Peter the Great once had a problem like that, he -. An-ti-bo-dies. Well whaddya know - I finally got the last word. Captain, I'm frightened. Sylvia! I canna change the laws of physics - I've got to have thirty minutes! No more blah blah blah! You broke my sword! Only if it does something called a "strafing run". And second - close that door. We call it tranya. I will be merciful and quick. Pain! With an armful of this stuff, I wouldn't be afraid of a supernova. Well, it's better than "hey you!" Think about music. How long before we all simply "get in the way?" Look at you - you're an old man - I'm still thirty years old! I was forced to use the Vulcan Death Grip. There was, but not any more! I am attempting to construct a mnemonic circuit using stone knives and bearskins. He's dead, Jim. Hail, Hail, fire and snow. Ruth! That's mutiny, Mister! It would have been glorious. I beamed them over to the Klingon ship, where there'll be no tribble at all. My son, the doctor.

Uh-oh. Dalem's finally flipped out. He's channeling every Star Trek episode of the past 40 years.

Michael

By the way, let's see some grovelling here as it's Lady Bugged's birthday today.

Many happy returns Bugged!

Mace you DO realize that when women ask for "rocks" they usually mean diamonds don't you? Oh well ... Happy birthday Milady and I hope this helps your driveway.

pea-gravel-3-8-yellow-300x3.jpg

Joe

[ January 24, 2008, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Mace you DO realize that when women ask for "rocks" they usually mean diamonds don't you? Oh well ... Happy birthday Milady and I hope this helps your driveway.

pea-gravel-3-8-yellow-300x3.jpg

Joe

Nice quartz.

Um, Joe? Who was talking about rocks? Mace wasn't. As a matter of fact, you were the first one to mention them.

Are you in the habit of mumbling out loud and then saying, "Who said that???"

If it wasn't so funny, it would be sad.

Wait... no it wouldn't. It would still be funny.

So, Bugged, seeing as how you're a January baby, how about a nice Almandine Garnet?

gar12.gif

Happy B-Day!

[ January 24, 2008, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Boo Radley ]

By the way, let's see some grovelling here as it's Lady Bugged's birthday today.

You're sure? I mean, after all, you do live on the wrong side of the IDL. Maybe her birthday isn't actually until tomorrow.

Many happy returns Bugged!
Well, that much at least I can agree with. Whenever your birthday is, Bugged, I hope it is filled with love and peace and joy and all that other good Hippy stuff. (And cake and ice cream too!)

Michael