The Nibelungen Peng Challenge Ring Saga Thread...I Know, Let's Do a Show!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On your knees and worship lowly peasants!

For today is Australia Day!

Oh yes, ever since that January 26 day in 1610 when the first brave Australian strode manfully ashore at Plymouth Rock and made sure the coast was clear for the founding fathers before being cheated out of the new territories in a rigged poker game, the US has had much to be thankful for...

For now, I have guests arriving to celebrate the day of Oz, there will be the usual BBQ-ing, boozing and cigaring and if you are lucky, perhaps an image or 2 of your old Unca Stuky knee deep in steaks, snags and chops on the grill to remind you all that 'if it ain't Aussie, it ain't worth ****e'.

Toodles

Originally posted by Bugged:

Sometimes I laugh out loud when watching television commercials. There's this one that I saw today for the first time... It depicts women going about their everyday activities, dragging around bathroom scales that are chained and shackled to their ankles.

There's a woman who's driving down the street with the scale hanging out from the driver's door, banging along as it moves down the road.

There's a woman who is taking an exercise class, maneuvering around, attracting the attention of the instructor.

And so on.

Some commercials these days are so funny, they make me wonder just how people come up with the ideas they do.

Cocaine

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

Oh yes, ever since that January 26 day in 1610 when the first brave Australian strode manfully ashore...

You nitwit, there have been Australians ever since the Late Stone Age...and they haven't advanced a bit.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Stuka:

... perhaps an image or 2 of your old Unca Stuky knee deep in steaks, snags and chops on the grill...

So then... you'd be on the grill, too?

Well, when cooking a stringy old bird like you, I certainly hope your guests did a judicious amount of tenderizing first.

Preferably with several croquet mallets.

I'm over at Dalem's, right now, but it's early. That means there's the time and means to log-in as myself, and yet remember to log-out, not leaving a means of ingress to...lesser intelligences.

I feel like a stranger here, this night. It's his group of 'gaming' friends. There's some of them around the dining room table, playing a card wargame (something involving 'Warcraft'; pretty much incomprehensible), and the less game oriented, more gregarious, who are clustered in the living room watching 'The Three Musketeers' (the good version, screenplay by George McDonald Fraser, with Michael York, Oliver Reed, Albert Finney, etc in the main roles...Charlton Heston is great as Richelieu).

It's a decent Saturday night. I feel good, because I've got almost a $100 worth of single malt in my trunk. The liquor store near Dalem's house is moving, and they're offeriing serious discounts...

Originally posted by Seanachai:

I feel good, because I've got almost a $100 worth of single malt in my trunk.

Wow. That's like what... 20 bottles of Old Underwear?

Not bad. And if you get tired of drinking it (Like when they start snow boarding in hell), you can use it to remove tree sap from your car.

Along with most of the paint.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stuka:

... perhaps an image or 2 of your old Unca Stuky knee deep in steaks, snags and chops on the grill...

So then... you'd be on the grill, too?

Well, when cooking a stringy old bird like you, I certainly hope your guests did a judicious amount of tenderizing first.

Preferably with several croquet mallets. </font>

Originally posted by Seanachai:

...'The Three Musketeers' (the good version, screenplay by George McDonald Fraser, with Michael York, Oliver Reed, Albert Finney, etc in the main roles...

You are forgetting Richard Chamberlain as Aramis.

BTW, the 1948 version with Gene Kelly is pretty good too, especially the first half is wonderful. And who could ask for a better Richelieu than Vincent Price?

Michael

Off to Isla Holbox for two weeks.

a_724.jpg

Seanachai and dalem, the thought of you guys staying here shivering just adds a certain something, I don’t know what.

Let’s see, -27C for you, +27C for me. How ironic, eh?

Aaah…life is good…Barkeep, uno cervesa por favor…and keep them coming…

Originally posted by Lars:

Off to Isla Holbox for two weeks.

a_724.jpg

Seanachai and dalem, the thought of you guys staying here shivering just adds a certain something, I don’t know what.

Let’s see, -27C for you, +27C for me. How ironic, eh?

Aaah…life is good…Barkeep, uno cervesa por favor…and keep them coming…

Anybody else think those trees look... menacing?