The Nibelungen Peng Challenge Ring Saga Thread...I Know, Let's Do a Show!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

So ever since, she's just been feeding the dog baby carrots.

And the heavy-set older guy from New Mexico leans forward and interjects into the conversation: 'My buddy feeds his cat nothing but collared greens'.

Ah used tae ha' a cat. Ah fed at strawberries.

Ah had tae push thaim doon wi' a pencil.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OGSF:

Down what is the question, you drunken git. I hope to God there's not a YouTube video of you as Florence Nightingale... </font>

Down what is the question, you drunken git. I hope to God there's not a YouTube video of you as Florence Nightingale... </font>

Dogs are great, aren't they? They're just like us, only blameless.

Dogs are predictable and eager to please.

Not like cats. Cats want to be treated like the sun shine's out of their arse. And they ARE to blame.
Cats are free spirits who may or may not choose to accept you as a friend.

Makes me wonder who the "us" is in the sentence "They're just like us..."

Originally posted by OGSF:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Originally posted by Bugged:

'Humanity'.

Eh, wipe the domestic cat genome off the books 10,000 years ago, and Humanity would still be here. Do the same for the domestic dog 15,000 years ago, and we probably wouldn't even have a culture yet.

I can admire a creature for being elegant, attractive, and independent. I can be amazed at its ability to make me cater to it for doing nothing more than that. I can attempt to ignore the fact that, no matter how well provided for it is, it will still insist on preying on everything in sight, even though it doesn't need to, and even though I try to actively prevent it. I accept the fact that it doesn't even make a pretense of understanding me. And I can accept the fact that it won't work for me, wouldn't fight for me, and certainly wouldn't die for me.

I can admire it, I can marvel at it, and I can value it.

But I'm not going to love it.

I'm a dog boy. Pack member. Working together to benefit all. Loyalty. Tongue-dangling idiot who gives it all.

Originally posted by dalem:

Wait a minute...what the hell time is it? What night is it?

How could Dalem possibly be responding to me, online, on a Monday night at 10 PM...

Yeah, you were right, I was at work. Now I'm not. </font>

I'm a dog boy. Pack member. Working together to benefit all. Loyalty. Tongue-dangling idiot who gives it all.

And loves to be kicked. Aren't you glad you found us? Who else would be willing to boot you 24/7? I hope you appreciate the nobel sacrifice we make on your behalf every day.

Michael

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

'Humanity'.

Eh, wipe the domestic cat genome off the books 10,000 years ago, and Humanity would still be here. Do the same for the domestic dog 15,000 years ago, and we probably wouldn't even have a culture yet.

I can admire a creature for being elegant, attractive, and independent. I can be amazed at its ability to make me cater to it for doing nothing more than that. I can attempt to ignore the fact that, no matter how well provided for it is, it will still insist on preying on everything in sight, even though it doesn't need to, and even though I try to actively prevent it. I accept the fact that it doesn't even make a pretense of understanding me. And I can accept the fact that it won't work for me, wouldn't fight for me, and certainly wouldn't die for me.

I can admire it, I can marvel at it, and I can value it.

But I'm not going to love it.

I'm a dog boy. Pack member. Working together to benefit all. Loyalty. Tongue-dangling idiot who gives it all. </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

Sam would never try to drain you of your blood. </font>

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh sure that's what you say NOW ... after the fact it'll be another story.

Tragic accident ... couldn't have been forseen ... never forgive yourself ... that dog will get a stern talking to about this ...

Joe

"...the dog isn't to blame ... the cat put him up to it..."

bloody cats aren't above having a chew on your body should you be so careless as to drop dead in a locked apartment either....

At the 1992 American Academy of Forensic Sciences conference in New Orleans, a forensic pathologist stated that individuals living alone sometimes died unexpectedly and unnoticed. He claimed that, in his experience, a pet dog would go for several days before it resorted to eating the owner's body. A pet cat would wait only a day or two. What he didn't mention was that cats are obligate carnivores and, unlike dogs (which are more omnivorous), cats cannot consume other potential foodstuffs that might be lying around the home (fruit, veg, cookies). For a dog, the corpse might be a last resort, but for an obligate carnivore, it may be the first resort.

Bloody cats hey?