Our soldier's got company!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Bil Hardenberger:

Hey Kwazydog, those guys look awful shiny, can't you cut down on the specular a bit?

;)

Hehe actually your right Bil they do, and Ill rerender them if I have a chance, but they are set up that way for a reason. In the real time engine the slight specular is needed to increase the shadow defination. The result is darker shadows without the shine smile.gif

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

...Ill rerender them if I have a chance, but they are set up that way for a reason. In the real time engine the slight specular is needed to increase the shadow defination. The result is darker shadows without the shine smile.gif

Really am looking forward to some (any?) screen shots that show off the dynamic lighting.

He he, did not notice that the banner had changed either...

Then I realized that they have stolen my idea for a crotch mod! Damn thee! The very first CMSF mod as it was supposed to be!

Look in this thread where I legitimately whine about the thighs beeing too thin on the original banner soldier (or the groin too big). A very useful and contributive post...

This was my original edit of the soldier that I thought had to thin thighs (you will also see how much the soldier have progressed which may be more relevant ;) ).

cmsf_banner_modified.jpg

And now we add the new soldier from the new banner:

cmsf_banner_modified_again.jpg

Spooky isn't it? They've clearly ripped mod crotch mod! What am I going to do now? ;) I remember other moroons like me whining about the M4 beeing to big and they have obviously been ripped of their modding ideas too!

/Mazex

Well, in our defense the original weapon was a M-16 :D

We're probably going to ditch the crotch armor. Pictures out of Iraq show it is (as we've been told) a rare sight. Same with the upper arm wrappers. However, it appears the game engine can randomly insert some stuff, so it will likely be randomly seen in the game. I think!

Steve

Originally posted by mazex:

Spooky isn't it? They've clearly ripped mod crotch mod! What am I going to do now? ;) I remember other moroons like me whining about the M4 beeing to big and they have obviously been ripped of their modding ideas too!

/Mazex

Hehe actually Steve noted that problem and it was changed way back, sorry mazex ;) The problem was actually with the boning process where the model stiches to its bones underneath the character.

And as Steve mentioned the origional model was an M16 now an M4, and was scaled to its actual size. Since then it looks like the M16 is near completely phased out so currently we have switched to the M4 with M203a1, though that may change again too.

Dan

Gosh, okay to get on the critical bandwagon:

-no 3-point sling on M-4

-no 40mm pouches on vest

-no smoke grenade(s) on vest

-no PAQ-4 or PEQ-2 on M-4

-no tactical light on M-4

-no NVG mount on helmet

-no kneepad(s)

-no pistol holster or thigh mag rig

-no squad or individual radio

-cant tell if there is a division patch

-Army rank is place center mass on flak (or the IBA as they call it), cant tell if that is there

And of course the soldier and the weapon are parade-ground clean.

But that is way better computer work than I can ever do, so who am I to complain?

Originally posted by Imperial Grunt:

Gosh, okay to get on the critical bandwagon:

-no 3-point sling on M-4

-no 40mm pouches on vest

-no smoke grenade(s) on vest

-no PAQ-4 or PEQ-2 on M-4

-no tactical light on M-4

-no NVG mount on helmet

-no kneepad(s)

-no pistol holster or thigh mag rig

-no squad or individual radio

-cant tell if there is a division patch

-Army rank is place center mass on flak (or the IBA as they call it), cant tell if that is there

And of course the soldier and the weapon are parade-ground clean.

But that is way better computer work than I can ever do, so who am I to complain?

Actually Im happy to say that most of this is possible and planned IG (including the goggles cover M1), depending on how we go with time smile.gif The sling is certainly a problem due to its dynamic nature and I doubt its something you will see in game in the near future (though not totally impossible to do).

The cool part with the new engine we are working on is that I can make all of these items individually and add them to the soldiers depending on their needed loadout (this guy was set up with the standard rifleman loadout, as least standard according to the molle manual I have, but we havnt done much to him in some time).

Out of interest, how common are the below items in the field?

-kneepad(s)

-pistol holster or thigh mag rig

-individual radio

The first photos we had of the ACU in use didnt have any of the guys using kneepads, but many do appear to be using them now. Also I see some guys using pistols but not too many, at least in recent photos Ive sen...what sort of ratio are using them?

Dan

[ August 10, 2006, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: KwazyDog ]