I admit.....

LC-

When I first heard of this game being in development I was a little hesitant. Not that for one minute I doubted the efforts of BTS in making an absolutly great game, but because I didnt think that a modern style game would suit me.

I have come to say Im doubting myself once again and Im man enough to say, "it looks like Im going to be wrong." The game looks and sounds absolutly amazing and I cant wait to get my hands on this one.

Cant wait to see all the little bones that get thrown to us in the next few months.

Let me explain why I wasn't thrilled with a modern day conflict.

For one reason the effect of modern day US military equipment. For example GPS satilites that make target aquisition and placement all the more "user friendly." But after reading the CMSF homepage I see that it won't be as big of a deal as I first assumed. You know what they say about assuming things :D

Secondly, where in this modern age do you even try to find an army that could stand toe to toe with the US army on conventional warfare? I never thought in my wildest dreams about a hypothetical Syrian scenario (thats why I'm not a level designer.) But again, BFS proved me wrong and came out with a great idea that actually seems playable from both sides.

That is why I had my doubts and that is why I am happy to admit I'M PROUD TO BE WRONG.

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

:D

Steve

We are entering the beginning of the "I told you whining Bastards so!" stage....FINALLY!

Soon, the once doubting masses will be sitting at Steve's feet and he shall feed them heaping piles of steaming crow...after all the fits and tantrums over the last couple years, I imagine he'll be using a shovel.

Vive Le Vindication!

Mord.

Originally posted by LC-:

When I first heard of this game being in development I was a little hesitant. Not that for one minute I doubted the efforts of BTS in making an absolutly great game, but because I didnt think that a modern style game would suit me.

I have come to say Im doubting myself once again and Im man enough to say, "it looks like Im going to be wrong." The game looks and sounds absolutly amazing and I cant wait to get my hands on this one.

Ehem, yes, you're not alone sir.... :D

Mord,

We are entering the beginning of the "I told you whining Bastards so!" stage....FINALLY!
To be fair, it isn't wrong of the customer to want something more than a description to go by before making a decision about interest level. I know there were about 1000 ways we could have made a very uninteresting game set in contemporary tmes. We knew we weren't going that route, but we have inside information :D

When we decided to go with a contemporary setting we knew we would get a strong group for it, a strong group against, and a lot of people inbetween. We had faith in ourselves that the bulk of the middle and some of the against crowd would eventually come around to see things from our perspective. We don't expect that will really happen until after the full game is released, though it is nice to see signs of it already in the works!

Steve

Well I for one am kinda sick of WWII. I think it has been done to death. There is only so many ways you can simulate the Eastern Front until its almost redundant.

The only WWII front that hasn't been done enough is the Pacific. I cant speak for Battlefront but I am assuming this isnt something they will do in the future if ever.

The sad part is there isnt another company out there that can do a CM type game set in all of the various battlefields that maybe a minority of gamers such as myself would love to see. Korea and Vietnam come to mind as ones I would prefer to have before any other WWII module. I guess I am saying that there is 3 other WWII CM games that are perfectly fine to play. It isnt like they suddenly suck because CMx2 is coming out right?

But this is just a handfull of guys who are creating these games in any format. I think we consumers sometimes expect too much, especially seeing how the details of the game arent all out yet.

I've always been a happy man about their choice! I remember back when speculation was rampant about the 'mystery CMx2 theatre' I was the first (and only?) to suggest "Hey, how about a Stryker Brigade game?" I even threw in to a link to some cheezy Stryker polygons I located on the web. If memory serves, BFC pooh-pooh'd my crazy idea and my board-mates slapped me down hard for suggesting a modern war game. :rolleyes:

My only real concern is if I buy "Theater of War" and never get full value playing it because withn a couple months or so CM:SF is out.

Maybe I'm too hopeful about TOW being a long term game, and certainly I don't wish CM:SF delayed... so I guess I'm left with not buying TOW just so I'm not disapointed.

Is BFC concerned that the two games will come out too close together? Is there such a thing in the game biz as having products that over-lap customers releasing to short an interval?