Grenades? Do They Exist?

Not talking about RPGs, I know they exist in the game smile.gif

I am talking about hand grenades. Heck, my little infantry dudes even have a ammo bar for them, but I have never seen them throw one, ever. Even when it would make a lot of sense to do so. Come to think of it, never seen them use the "rifle grenades" of the M203 either...

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

I think the best time to see grenades is when you area target a building that's at a kind of reverse slope. Your guys can see it, but can't target it with small arms. They tend to chuck grenades when I do that.

Try targeting a building that is the same size as a building that your troops occupy. Have them on the roof. Give them an area target command on a building that is the same size, but has another building in between the two.

For rifle grenade launcher I find they're most likely to be used when your unit's targetting someone at the outer performance envelope of the 5.56 carbine. I've seen a few loooooooooong lucky shots with grenade launcher.

I only recently discovered the Syrians have their own under-barrel grenade launcher! Only comes with well equipped Special Forces though (I think). Matches an old Soviet design for the AK that i had only seen one photo of before.

The only time I have seen gernades used is in close combat. I made the mistake of taking my guys into a building right as they ran out of ammo. They lobbed a few gernades and killed everyone inside since they were in the same room as the bad guys. The 203 rounds are a different story. I only see and hear them fired only if I target an enemy, otherwise they don't seem too inclined to use them.