Badgers?! We Don't Need No Stinking Badgers In the Peng Challenge Thread!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Seanachai:

First, the only reason for you to post here is to amuse ME.

Although Seanachai has identified me here only by my initials, he is quite right. I called Peng into existence solely for my amusement, but the labor was too much for a mere mortal. So I gave him helpers, you lot. And together, your frolics have managed to amuse me from time to time. But altogether too often, you have forgotten and neglected your prime purpose. I do not find that amusing. GET IT TOGETHER, SCHMUCKS! Make me laugh. Make me smile. Keep me amused, lest I go to another channel and plunge the lot of you into eternal darkness.

ME

aka, God Emperor of the Known and Unknown Universe

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

aka, God Emperor of the Known and Unknown Universe

Why am I not surprised that you associate yourself with a big, ugly, freaking worm despised by the whole universe?

Aren't God Emperors usually put in a nice big tomb in the desert, forgotten about for 3,000 to 4,000 years, only to be put on display later so snot-nosed kids can rub up against the glass and make rude comments about shrunken genitalia?

I for one fully support Emrys' God Emperor status.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Bugged and I will be available for our interview any evening this week; I am sure the next podcast would benefit from our wisdom and keen insight....

Hey, Joe, get on this one! I wanna hear Bugged speak. It was way cool the time I got to hear Emma. When you talk to Bugged use your massive intellect to come up with a way to make her say 'out and about' in a normal, conversational way.

As for Pestilence, I think it's important that he be made to sing a song of some type. </font>

Originally posted by Patchy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Bugged and I will be available for our interview any evening this week; I am sure the next podcast would benefit from our wisdom and keen insight....

Hey, Joe, get on this one! I wanna hear Bugged speak. It was way cool the time I got to hear Emma. When you talk to Bugged use your massive intellect to come up with a way to make her say 'out and about' in a normal, conversational way.

As for Pestilence, I think it's important that he be made to sing a song of some type. </font>

Tonight I may have been sent a Message from God about music. Or a god. Or some gods. It's all a little vague. It involves a huge music sale at Amazon.com and a van on Penn Avenue waiting to make the turn on to 50th street, which are not, by definition, tools of precision.

So, I am refraining from judging until I have corroboration from a reputable source. Currently I am adding scads of CDs to my Amazon.com cart, from whence I will winnow down the total.

Currently my dollar total is QUITE high. Although Amazon.com informs me I can reduce it by at least $25 if I agree to accept 3 CDs by a group called 'Bauhaus'.

Apparently they will pay me if I'm willing to take those albums off their inventory...

You know, the first act of any good Irish-American who gets a little bit of money together is to get good and liquored up, buy a bunch of music, and spend at least $500 on kayak and paddling gear...

That's been true since at least when Brendan Behan was released from prison.

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

Seanachai, I just wanted you to know that you came up with a fantastic thread title. Good job buddy!

Why, thankee, Berli. The sentiment does you credit.

*Hopefully his head will swell like a zit and pop*

Here, old man, I can't help but notice, as I'm cruising through this huge Amazon.com music sale that there are several J-Lo CDs of music available. Be a damn shame if some of those came your way, wouldn't it?

Seanachai is a fan of Syd Barrett? Somehow I'm not surprised. The man's thirst for quality lyrics proabably started when he heard Barrett's hit song, Bike

I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell, and things to make it look good. I'd let you ride it if I could, but I borrowed it

Yup, right up his alley.

Steve

P.S. I did NOT write down those lyrics from memory. Anybody that says anything to the contrary should have several, small, furry creatures shoved down their trousers. Oh, and groov'n with a pick too.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

Hey, Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

Please, PLEASE, tell me Seanachai is gonna get shot </font>

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Seanachai is a fan of Syd Barrett?

Well, Syd Barrett, hard drugs, and Victorian children's literature. It's all good.

Somehow I'm not surprised. The man's thirst for quality lyrics proabably started when he heard Barrett's hit song, Bike

I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell, and things to make it look good. I'd let you ride it if I could, but I borrowed it

Yup, right up his alley.

Steve

Ah, puts me immediately in mind of 'Hoffman's Bicycle'. Switzerland's only real contribution to Human Civilizaton.

P.S. I did NOT write down those lyrics from memory. Anybody that says anything to the contrary should have several, small, furry creatures shoved down their trousers. Oh, and groov'n with a pick too.

Oh, no, of course not. From memory? There's no way you could have had those off from memory.

BECAUSE YOUR MEMORY IS TRASHED BY THE ENDLESS ROUND OF DRUGS AND WILLFUL HEDONISM YOU INDULGED IN IN YOUR YOUTH, ISN'T IT? ISN'T IT?!!

In my work as an Olde One of the Peng Challenge, I've encountered the horrible physical, mental and emotional damage you epitomize again and again and again.

Sometimes it's when I'm looking in the mirror shaving, but most often it's while reading the endless spray of mental uric acid that I daily encounter here in the form of 'witty postings' by the various halfwits who make their way into the Thread.

The Horror, of course, arises from the fact that we get the best of the lot, as it were.

And you better have listened to my goddamn podcast. For the gnome of the Peng Challenge is an Angry Gnome. Thou shalt have no Jester before him...

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

You are much too lenient. I would prefer to strap him into a chair and make him listen to Lawrence Welk for the rest of his life. Then we could just let "nature take its course". Heh, heh.

Michael

Sniff. What are you going to threaten me with next? Being licked to death by puppies?

I grew up in Minnesota. Watching endless hours of Lawrence Welk would be like a trip down Memory Lane to revisit the endless parade of earnest, humour-challenged Lutheran Squareheads that comprised my childhood.

Hell, Michael. Why don't you just wrap me up in a big, soft, comfy blanket of emotional and intellectual superiority?

An' a wunnah, an' a twooah, an'...

If the Battle of Waterloo was won on the 'playing fields of Eton', my rise to satirical brilliance was made step by step up a ladder of Scando-Protestant frowns and disapproval.

And am I not just a brilliantly satirical bastard?!

And you better have listened to my goddamn podcast.

Seanachai

Of course I have. I've been listening to it at the rate of roughly 20 seconds each day. It's all I can get through without falling fast asleep. Last Thursday I heard 23 seconds and 4 hours later I awoke with a pool of drool on my keyboard. Due to the difficulty in cleaning up heroin laced drool (you have an excellent nose for such things, I must say!) I have set a timer to make sure I do not listen to more than 20 seconds.

Don't feel so bad. Getting through Berli's pod cast was only marginally less difficult. Also, I have dicovered how I can get through Joe's intro and choice of theme music. For those of you who have yet to figure out a good way, I will enlighten you. Hit play, walk to another room, pound your head against a wall, then stagger back in. Even if you get within earshot of your speakers before it is over you won't notice due to the throbbing blood in your ears. If there is a better way to get through this I have yet to figure it out. Even shuffle forward is more painful.

Steve

[ July 25, 2006, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Battlefront.com ]

If there is a better way to get through this I have yet to figure it out.

The term we 'in the media' use is post-editing… I just assume that the first one & a half minutes is painful nonsense and so load the Podcast into audacity & then replace the first section with some other track… for example, to my ears, Podcast 8 now begins with Jay-Z’s 99 problems (which I feel is a most appropriate choice considering it’s Pengs Podcast).

Jobs a good ‘un…

... though YOU can bloody well carry on smashing your damned trippy head against a wall

You know, the first act of any good Irish-American who gets a little bit of money together is to get good and liquored up, buy a bunch of music, and spend at least $500 on kayak and paddling gear...

Isn't the first act usually exposition and character development?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Seanachai is a fan of Syd Barrett?

Well, Syd Barrett, hard drugs, and Victorian children's literature. It's all good. </font>

Originally posted by Lars:

Aren't God Emperors usually put in a nice big tomb in the desert, forgotten about for 3,000 to 4,000 years, only to be put on display later so snot-nosed kids can rub up against the glass and make rude comments about shrunken genitalia?

I for one fully support Emrys' God Emperor status.

I completely agree Lars. In fact, I put to the the Olde Ones that we should acknowledge Emrys status and give him his very own, MBT, title...

God Emperor of Shrunken Genitalia