Gain Power & Domination with Mojo Peng Challenge Gris-Gris

Originally posted by dalem:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rleete:

But this part is absolutely believable. Does anyone doubt that a toddler can put one over on the Gnome?

Not at all. My dog Sam often trots away victorious after battles of wits against Seanachai.

</font>

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Patch:

I just thought of a new hit reality show.....The Grandma Steve Show.

Where people get to hit Grandma Steve?

Works for me.

Joe can play the Howie Mandel part. </font>

No, no, no! You guys are getting it all wrong. I was thinking more of a show for the whole family, where this nice old Gnome, Grandma Steve tells stories to the kiddies. And then to keep the adults interested he goes over to Dalem's house to smoke cigars and drink whiskey and sing singsongs. Then for some action there will also be those paddling excursions on Minnesota's wild rivers and streams. People can watch to see how often the Gnome tips over his kayak and gets attacked by ferocious river otters and beavers...

stuff like that. No violence!

Originally posted by Seanachai:

And I'd be the first to admit that this 'cool breeze' creature, besides sounding like a title from a fecking Air Supply song, should definitely review its ability to use language.

I'd like to point out that Air-Supply was far more successful in the USA than in Australia. We may be lacking in language skills, but we obviously have far better taste in music.

I'd also like to extend Boo many happy returns because I do believe it's his birthday tomorrow. No doubt he will spend it listening to 'Love and Other Bruises' and singing along to 'All out of Love'.

Originally posted by Patch:

I was thinking more of a show for the whole family, where this nice old Gnome, Grandma Steve tells stories to the kiddies. And then to keep the adults interested he goes over to Dalem's house to smoke cigars and drink whiskey and sing singsongs.

What adult in her/his right mind would want to spend a precious minute of her/his life watching that? Now, watching Grandma Steve being staked out on the concrete to be slowly run over by the mobile transporter at Cape Canaveral might be a winner.

Then for some action there will also be those paddling excursions on Minnesota's wild rivers and streams. People can watch to see how often the Gnome tips over his kayak and gets attacked by ferocious river otters and beavers...
That's a little more like it. Slo-mo close-ups of him being torn to shreds could make that a winner. Alligators are more reliable attackers though, plus, because they are cold-blooded creatures, there is more of a "creepy" factor that kids love so much.

Michael

And on this auspicious day, I gifted myself with new springs, pulleys, cables and rollers for my garage door.

That sounds really exciting. Hey, I bet they could be useful in arranging that "little surprise" for Olde Foul Joe's next visit. You rig up the pulleys and stuff and I'll prepare the stencil for the spray on dart board.

Michael

Two things...

I liked Air Supply when I was 12 years old. But even then, I hid the cassettes in my dresser drawer so that none of my friends would find out. I strategically placed my John Cougar, Rick Springfield and Olivia Newton-John cassettes in plain view so as to quash any suspicions. Air Supply is the only group that I have ever felt a sense of shame for listening to.

Happy Birthday, Boo.

So I've been laid up sick for the past few days and as a consequence have watched more TV than I have in the past 5 years. My conclusion?

The pretend drunks and losers that you used to be able to portray on shows like The Andy Griffith Show, etc., were far more entertaining than the real drunks and losers that apparently inhabit every reality show ever conceived.

Happy Birthday Boo!

What are you going to buy yourself for christmas? A new little flag for your letterbox? A slightly different wattage lightbulb for your kitchen? Perhaps a new dustbag for the hoover?

'Life on the edge, pushing the envelope, all-action adrenaline sports Boo' I hereby dub thee.

You ROCK dude!

Originally posted by dalem:

So I've been laid up sick for the past few days and as a consequence have watched more TV than I have in the past 5 years. My conclusion?

The pretend drunks and losers that you used to be able to portray on shows like The Andy Griffith Show, etc., were far more entertaining than the real drunks and losers that apparently inhabit every reality show ever conceived.

Those kind of shows make ya feel good cuz no matter how bad ya got it, there's someone worse off than you.

Originally posted by Bugged:

I liked Air Supply when I was 12 years old. But even then, I hid the cassettes in my dresser drawer so that none of my friends would find out. I strategically placed my John Cougar, Rick Springfield and Olivia Newton-John cassettes in plain view so as to quash any suspicions. Air Supply is the only group that I have ever felt a sense of shame for listening to.

So...are you now a big fan of, say, Hannah Montana?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Bugged:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Bugged:

OMG! Even you've hear of Hannah Montana!

The Swami sees all, knows all.

Seriously, when I was living in the motel last winter, there often wasn't a lot to do but watch tv. And no, I never watched her show, but sometimes I would be changing channels and would come upon her doing her closing number with her band. I'd usually only catch the last thirty seconds or so, but just based on that, it didn't seem so bad. I mean, compared to most teenaged bands, they sounded pretty damned good. I guess the producers of the show sank a lot of bread into getting good musicians and songwriters. Still, a lot of performers have had a lot of bread invested in them who didn't come off as well.

One final thought I had was that in a way the show was trying to capitalize on more or less the same formula as the Monkees 40 years earlier (who, strangely enough, turned out not to be as bad as you might have expected them to be either).

Michael

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Michael </font>

I’m back. At first glance, looks like you lot didn't screw up the world too badly while I was gone.

Think I could get by rather nicely with no TV, Internet, or newspapers as long as I was on a nice beach with a frig full of Superior.

Oh wait, I just did.

When it comes right down to it, the only really important question in Life is, “When’s Lunch”?

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

At least I'm not the guy here who is still hung up at the stage of knocking rocks together.

Michael

Tell us all again about how sad you were when all the dinosaurs died. </font>