Bush demands Syria be 'good neighbor'

I just noticed that the current top story on CNN.com is the following.

Bush says terrorists sneak into Iraq via Syria to carry out attacks.

The presidents of the United States and Syria clashed Wednesday over policy in Iraq and the wider Middle East. Bush called on Syria's government to be a "good neighbor," warning Damascus not to interfere in Lebanon, incite Palestinian militants or allow insurgents to cross into Iraq. But President Bashar Al-Assad, in an exclusive CNN interview, said the United States should re-examine its policy there because of the negative consequences of the war.

read more

I will add myself to the list of people looking forward to this release and will buy it as soon as it is available from gogamer.com, amazon.com, Target, or Wal-Mart.

He may not have realized that he could. You guy's don't operate like the old days when we could only get stuff here...I ended up buying CMBB from Comp USA and that was when CDV wasn't suppose to be distributing here..

Mord.

Originally posted by Josh Coady:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> Bush says terrorists sneak into Iraq via Syria to carry out attacks.

The presidents of the United States and Syria clashed Wednesday over policy in Iraq and the wider Middle East. Bush called on Syria's government to be a "good neighbor," warning Damascus not to interfere in Lebanon, incite Palestinian militants or allow insurgents to cross into Iraq. But President Bashar Al-Assad, in an exclusive CNN interview, said the United States should re-examine its policy there because of the negative consequences of the war.

read more

</font>

Actually it's more of a budget issue. I tend to wait for games to drop off their initial $50 price tag and pick them up when they are somewhere between $10 and $30 (depending on how much I want the game). Sometimes I buy from amazon for full price because we get amazon certificates for doing market research surveys.

Anyway, if I had more money for discretionary spending, I'd buy it as soon as it was released.

(all this assumes the initial price will be greater than $30)

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mord:

He may not have realized that he could.

He may not even realize he can buy the game without putting on pants to leave the house. Once he does, his support will undoubtedly swell to the point of incipient madness... </font>

I'm confused. Bush administration bashes Syria publically but quietly ships Canadian citizens that it wants tortured to Damascus. As for Iran, before they were on the 'Axis of Evil' list they were quietly helping us with airlift (they have cool Russian short takeoff transports) in Afghanistan at the end of '01. And I won't even get into what our loyal allie Pakistan was up to with Lybia until recently!

Apparently, the world is more complex than some people want us to believe.

Originally posted by MikeyD:

I'm confused.

It's really quite simple. Do you remember when you were in grade school? Imagine that all of the world's politicians and senior military officers are 12 year olds on the playground. Every once in a while a mild skirmish breaks out, sometimes even between ex-friends, or maybe one of the party was just using the other because his dad owns the ice cream shop.

When things get really bad all the kids join sides in a giant rumble, or at least a red rover game. This is known as a world war. (Please ignore the swiss kid in the corner counting all the lunch money that's fallen out of the other kids' pockets.)

So if George wants to beat up Alfie, but he needs Jordan's help, he gives Jordan a choice between a can of pop and a wedgie. Jordan agree's to help George, although he really doesn't like George too much he really hates Alfie. But a week later, George hears that Jordan kissed his sister, Angie, so George gives Jordan the wedgie afterall.

When you are the biggest and strongest on the playground and you can manipulate the other kids to do what you want, you have a sphere of control over the playground.

It's all about power.

My guess is some bombs will be dropped on lonely Syrian outposts (aka Jihadist spas) before the end of the year.

It needs to happen and probably should have happened a year ago.

It is not as if we are going to make the Arab world hate us any more than they already do.

No, no, no...You are all mis-reading what President Bush said, he wants them to BUY a good neighbor, yes, he wants them to buy State Farm insurance. That way, if war comes, the infrastructure can be rebuilt with insurance funds.

I hope no one tells them that acts of war are not covered by insurance.

Rune

Originally posted by acrashb:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MikeyD:

quietly ships Canadian citizens that it wants tortured to Damascus

Not any more. According to The Economist, Syria has cutoff all intelligence cooperation with the US (which includes torturing Canadians). </font>

Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I'm confused.

When you are the biggest and strongest on the playground and you can manipulate the other kids to do what you want, you have a sphere of control over the playground.

It's all about power. </font>

Originally posted by Tiger II:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by J Ruddy:

I'm confused.

It's all about power. </font>

Not any more. According to The Economist, Syria has cutoff all intelligence cooperation with the US (which includes torturing Canadians).
I guess we'll have to send them to France. The English speaking Canadians will feel the pain of France's anti-dual language law (i.e. you can only read and listen to things in French), while the French Canadians will find out first hand that the French (the ones that stayed in France that is) think Canadian French is akin to scraping a rusty rake on a chalkboard while blaring Enya backwards on an old LP turntable at 78rpm. Of course that is what I think about both forms of French, but who am I to judge since I think Slovene is one of the most beautiful languages on Earth :D

Well, that is what I've theorized, which according to some is about as accurate as predicting that Syria is a likely setting for a conflict in the near future.

Steve

Originally posted by Tagwyn:

Iran has some teeth and I, for one, would enjoy hypothetically kicking them it. Tag

Why is that? Some Persian girl give you the cold shoulder or something?

If there is any People in that part of the world that really digs western culture, it is the Iranians. The problem is the Ayatollahs in charge, not the regular folks. Just like with other ideologically-oriented governments in the world, the leadership is not necessarily representative of the people.