A Tale Told By An Idiot: The Peng Challenge Thread Drags on Its Way To Dusty Death

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maiden voyage of our new kayak on Lackawanna Park Lake yesterday. No life jackets yet, so the girls had to stay in the shallow bits by the shore on their turns. By golly but that is a grand thing kayaking.

I spent the very last bit of the final distribution from my old dead mum's estate on the thing last fall - too late to actually use it - but bought for way cheap, it being the end of the season. I think she'd be glad to know I got something we all enjoy the hell out of. Spent the rest on home improvement, but that last little check... I didn't want to invest it, or buy lumber or new windows or insulation or house wrap or a concrete footing. No. I wanted something fun. Something for which her grand daughters clamored all last year.

So when the check came and SWMBO asked what I was going to do with it I said "I don't know." and rather than let her get her meat hooks into it I kept it in my car until the day I cashed it at lunch, drove to Gander Mountain and bought a little nine foot bright red baby. It has been hanging in the garage (paid for in part by Joansie's demise) all winter and yesterday the Schmeb said "Hey! Can we go kayaking today?" Nothing better to do. Herself harumphed about homework and cleaning and laundry and other assorted boring stuff and crabbily stayed home to "do it all herself!" while we went to the park and paddled, taking turns, the rest chucking softballs while one was on the water.

It was short. None of us wanted to make the others wait too long for a turn, and everyone got two goes. I set the boundaries and kept watch from shore, but no one got crazy and tested them. They are good girls. They are too smart to arse around without appropriate safety equipment. They yelled at me when I went out of bounds, "Just because you are a grown up doesn't mean you can't tip over and drown too. Then we'd have to call mom to come drive us home!" Always looking out for me the little dears.

I've figured it out.

Fanatic babbling about kayaking...

Pointless stories about little girls...

Random eruptions of gibbering, undirected hatred...

Long absences...

Never seen in the same room together...

Peng and Seanachai are the same creature.

O, I have seen the light, and it is dark!

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

That's 4x2.

Typical clueless response by a clueless Antipodean. It is and always has been 2X4. Got it? 2X4. Nothing else. Not one thing else. Now and forevermore. I, Lord God and Supreme Being have ordained it so.

Now let's have no more trouble from you or I may resort to lightning bolts. You wouldn't like that, I can promise you.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by dalem:

I've figured it out.

Close, but no big stinky seegar!

Meet Gnomey, who's lived most everywhere,

From Lady Slipper Park to Murphy Square.

But Pengy’s only seen the sights.

A pod can see from Conshocken Heights --

What a crazy pair!

But they're Olde Ones,

Identical Olde Ones all the way.

One pair of matching bookends,

Different as night and day.

Where Gnomey adores a minuet,

The Ballet Russes, and crepe suzette,

Our Pengy loves to rock and roll,

A hot dog makes him lose control --

What a wild duet!

Still, they're Olde Ones,

Identical Olde Ones and you'll find,

They laugh alike, they walk alike,

At times they even talk alike --

You can lose your mind,

When Olde Ones are two of a kind.

Originally posted by dalem:

I've figured it out.

Fanatic babbling about kayaking...

Pointless stories about little girls...

Random eruptions of gibbering, undirected hatred...

Long absences...

Never seen in the same room together...

O, I have seen the light, and it is dark!

That's...almost plausible.

Michael

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

That's 4x2.

Typical clueless response by a clueless Antipodean. It is and always has been 2X4. Got it? 2X4. Nothing else. Not one thing else. Now and forevermore. I, Lord God and Supreme Being have ordained it so.

Now let's have no more trouble from you or I may resort to lightning bolts. You wouldn't like that, I can promise you.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by DASman:

holy crap, this is the first time i've read through a thread of this drivel, i feel sooooo dirty

but what the heck.....

e

You know you secretly love it.....you can't stay away....you want to be a part of it, but your parents won't let you. Go ahead be a rebel....keep posting.

Ladies and Gentleworms of the Cesspool!

I present to you in all her splendor....the goddess....the vision....the beauty and the light....the Lady Baroness Von Stuka!

keep scrolling...

a leeetle more...

are you excited yet?

DSC00164-1-1.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

Helen of Troy must be spitting chips about now I reckon with her mantle being taken by my fair queen.

But this is a secret place where the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka couldn't really give 2 stuffs about and would be only too happy to drag my sorry arse out of here never to return.

Yet I understand how my posts keep a spark in your gray little lives and so it is my duty to the lesser beings that I remain...

Originally posted by Stuka:

But this is a secret place where the good Lady Baroness Von Stuka couldn't really give 2 stuffs about and would be only too happy to drag my sorry arse out of here never to return.

Yet I understand how my posts keep a spark in your gray little lives and so it is my duty to the lesser beings that I remain...

Of course you realise that "save target as" is a potent weapon, don't you. Soon, your sorry self will be all over the world, and people will laugh.

Moba.

ps. When you hired the suit, the eyes were optional. I hope you got the bond money back.

Originally posted by rleete:

Way to whore yourself out to the SSN, Knee-Dannnnnn

Someone has to provide some material for this collection of dullards, otherwise all we will hear about is Seanachai's kayaking trips, or Peng's hemmorrhoids.