Fox Pee, Peng, and Other Personal Hygiene Challenges

Lars

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

snip

Is that you in front of the MiG, NG? You're kind of a beefy soandso, aincha? I mean, to be leaping in and out of Hummers and all, M4 clenched in your hand, grenade in the other hand, razor sharp bayonet clenched in your teeth, ready to deal instant death to the enemies of freedom? And all that? You know? Eat a lot of spaghetti do you?

Michael

yeah, I just don't quite fit in with a Calvin Klein underwear model like you now do I?

Actually, they only serve Spaghetti once a week here, but it is Thursday. Wednesday is steak and lobster and shrimp and crab legs night.

that last sentence isn't a joke.

every wednesday.

Originally posted by Nidan1:

...pasta was not invented until the late 19th century in the west.

Uh, pasta was not invented in the West at all. It was brought back from China by Marco Polo on his return in late 13th. century (I think; forget the exact date, possibly the very early 14th. century). I have no idea how long the Chinese had been eating it by then, or if whether they in fact invented it or learned of it from some other race. But it's a pretty safe bet that it's been around for a thousand years.

Michael

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Uh, pasta was not invented in the West at all. It was brought back from China by Marco Polo on his return in late 13th. century (I think; forget the exact date, possibly the very early 14th. century). I have no idea how long the Chinese had been eating it by then, or if whether they in fact invented it or learned of it from some other race. But it's a pretty safe bet that it's been around for a thousand years.

Michael </font>

Originally posted by MrPeng:

I think I actually handled a book he wrote called The God Gene in Borders this very evening. If its the same guy.

The guy in The Atlantic is name Paul Bloom and is described as a professor of psychology and linguistics at Yale. The guy who wrote The God Gene is Dean H. Hamer...so no.

It is ironic on so many levels that the process of selection by consequences has selected for behavior that denies the processes of selection by consequences exist.
What people fail to recognize is that genes, in combination with other genes, usually produce whole constellations of traits and behaviors. If some of those behaviors are beneficial and none of them are immediately and drastically deleterious, that group of genes will tend to get preserved and passed on. But this allows genes that may in certain combinations produce traits that are in one (normal) set of circumstances to be of indifferent or even mildly deleterious value, in another, altered, set of circumstances to become catastrophically fatal.

I have had a strong feeling for a long time that we as a species have in fact passed a cusp where things that we have done forever and gotten away with are now dragging us dangerously closed to self-extermination.

Sleep well, y'all.

Michael

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

snip

Is that you in front of the MiG, NG? You're kind of a beefy soandso, aincha? I mean, to be leaping in and out of Hummers and all, M4 clenched in your hand, grenade in the other hand, razor sharp bayonet clenched in your teeth, ready to deal instant death to the enemies of freedom? And all that? You know? Eat a lot of spaghetti do you?

Michael

yeah, I just don't quite fit in with a Calvin Klein underwear model like you now do I? </font>

Originally posted by Nidan1:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Michael </font>

I have had a strong feeling for a long time that we as a species have in fact passed a cusp where things that we have done forever and gotten away with are now dragging us dangerously closed to self-extermination.

Sleep well, y'all.

Sleeping well being one of those things that would allow Emrys to sneak up on you with a rock.

Originally posted by Lars:

Sleep well, y'all.

Sleeping well being one of those things that would allow Emrys to sneak up on you with a rock. </font>

I grew up eating pasghetti with rabbit. Man is that good. Start the sauce in the morning, shoot a few cottontails by noon or so. Hang em on a post or a bob war fence while you gut them. Wash them down in a bucket toss em in the pot about two. By the time the sun goes down you have the finest meal on the planet. A few years later the #6-8 shot will work its way out thru your skin. Quail, doves and pigeons work the same way, except pigeons got two nice dark breasts on them that you can get more then one bite out a, damn, getting hungry! pasghetti is my favorite!

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And I thought it was a constant blessing laid upon us by the Flying Spaghetti Monster (long may he wave), who is as the Alpha and the Omega in this main course we call the Universe.

"Alleluia,

Alleluia,

And may I have some bread with that?

Alleluia

Alleluia..."

I did not know that you had been touched by His Noodly Appendage! Arrr Matey!

Originally posted by MrPeng:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And I thought it was a constant blessing laid upon us by the Flying Spaghetti Monster (long may he wave), who is as the Alpha and the Omega in this main course we call the Universe.

"Alleluia,

Alleluia,

And may I have some bread with that?

Alleluia

Alleluia..."

I did not know that you had been touched by His Noodly Appendage! Arrr Matey! </font>

Pasta!?!

What the feck is all this nonsense talk about pasta?

All pasta is is something lumpy to go with the Peng damn Cheese sauce!

Cheese rocks!

Cheese sauce is like cheese but liquid!

Liquid I tell you!

That fecking rocks!

Originally posted by stikkypixie:

It's rocks? I always thought it coagulates, by the way don't you owe me turn or something?

I'm fed up of you lot asking this ridiculous question... NO I say No & underline that point with a strong No!

I don't owe any of you any fecking turn... not one mother fecking one of you.

Geddit?

I just happen to send turns reguarly (unless I go on one of my three month breaks from humanity) unlike... well unlike seemingly everyone else in this awfully bootiful place.

Originally posted by Abbott:

Quail, doves and pigeons...

Quail are damn good eating. My mom used to make fried quail that could almost make me reconcile with her.

Dove, well, I never liked dove much. I never had pigeon, though I expect they'd be a lot like dove, being as how they are related and all.

But quail...man, I could dream about quail. I want some now!

Some maccaroni & cheese on the side would be nice too.

Michael

Quail are damn good eating.

Michael

Pigeons are all "very" dark meat and have two breast sections large enough to get a few good bites out of. The ones flying about eating whatever people toss them are not worth bothering with (unless you are very hungry). The best eating are home raised or wild flying in rural areas. Bandtail Pigeons, the ones that used to be hunted, I believe have been lost to history. All have a stronger flavor, kind of like comparing venison or goat meat to beef. Quail as you say are delicious. Pigeon and Dove are comparable with Dove having a bit milder flavor.