Just received my hard copy of CMSF by mail

Hi Lee

I have been playing the full game since the start.IMHO GREAT game with some problems. I have been playing Battlefront games,CMBO,CMBB.and CMAK. They always came thru with fixes so dont wait play the game and ENJOY.Its more fun then some posts say.Remember the start of CMBO the same doom and gloom cries, and yes you doom and gloomers you have the right to state your opinions

Thanks and enjoy

WW2Wargamer: I understand what you're saying. But when I played the demo and ordered an M1 tank to drive from point a to point b in a straight line maybe 50-100 yards or so over open ground and it instead drove in an arc to the left to get there, I knew something was wrong. smile.gif

I'd rather not deal with irritating stuff like that, and the reported Tac-AI problems, if I can avoid it. I want a pleasant experience from the first time I play, not aggravation. 1.03 is supposed to fix a ton of stuff and get the game into really good shape overall. Although it will no doubt take at least a couple more patches after that to really get everything squared away. But since 1.03 is only about a week away, I think I can hold out until then. smile.gif

Originally posted by Buq-Buq:

Mine arrived just a bit ago, too.

Now, too bad that it doesn't work on a Macintosh . . .

Well if you really mean "Macintosh", that is a Mac powered by a non Intel chip (IIRC the Motorola machines) then yes you are correct.

If however you have an Intel box (iMac, Mini, Mac Pro, MacBook or MacBook Pro) then it does run and very well too using Boot Camp.

"...and it instead drove in an arc to the left to get there"

The tank driver spotted a cute little bunny in the road and simply decided to avoid squishing it smile.gif I'm not sure but I believe the AI attempts to pick the 'best' as opposed to the 'straightest' path. On distant waypoints that may involve avoiding the mud pit or the trench or the tree. Adjusting its path 5-10 meters to the left or right on long runs is hardly noticable. Ajusting its path 5-10 along a 50m line is at touch more noticable.

Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

My boxed version of CMSF arrived less then a minute ago. I really like the smell of the manual inside. I hope they didnt use lead paint for printing, as I cant stop sniffing the pages

I noticed that too, I've got it really close to my face so I can read it and ... hey man ... have you ever, like ... really LOOKED at your hand man, I mean, like ... wow!

Joe

MikeyD: I don't want my tanks to take the routes they happen to think are the "better" ways to go, I want them to take the routes I tell them to go. smile.gif Otherwise they might end up in a position that will turn out to be dangerous, which I do realize, but the tank doesn't. Also, a tank turning when it's not been ordered to can give flank shots to the enemy that I don't want to happen. This applies to all units, they should go where they are ordered by the waypoints. If, for example, I order a tank to go through some muddy ground, then I choose to take the risk of bogging and so on.

The only exception to this is, of course, if you order a tank, or infantry unit, or APC, or whatever to go from one place to another but there is impassable terrain in between. Then obviously the unit will have to try to figure out a route to get around the impassable terrain and get to where you told it to go. But if that happens that's your fault for not giving waypoints to get around that impassable terrain yourself. smile.gif

Anyhow, I'm sitting here looking at my nice new box with CMII in it. Trying to resist the urge to play it... And when I do play, the sound of the mighty A-10 Thunderbolt II firing it's massive gun on a strafing run had better be accurately spine tingling. hehe smile.gif

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

My boxed version of CMSF arrived less then a minute ago. I really like the smell of the manual inside. I hope they didnt use lead paint for printing, as I cant stop sniffing the pages

I noticed that too, I've got it really close to my face so I can read it and ... hey man ... have you ever, like ... really LOOKED at your hand man, I mean, like ... wow!

Joe </font>

Originally posted by MarkEzra:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M1A1TankCommander:

Joe </font>