The Peng Challenge Thread Podcast - For Pods By Pods

Upgraded the ancient PII 350 to a PIII 500 that I dug out of a throwaway Compaq piece o' junk. Sheesh, Compaq doesn't even put a fan on the heatsink, the cheap SOB's. So I had use a little shade tree engineering and kinda delicately balance the old fan from the PII on top of the PIII.

Everything runs fine as long as I don't bu

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I just got a call from the 801 area code...I didn't answer it, I wonder if it was Joe ???? shudder

Why would I call you? I'm trying to get interviews with people that are of interest, one way or the other, to the CessPool.

Joe

p.s. There's more than one Area Code for Utah ...

Well after several electric shocks, multiple cuts, a bunch of solder burns and a sore scalp from all of the hair I’ve been tearing out I suppose it’s time to admit defeat & just buy a new bloody microphone... though I ain’t happy about it.

NG Cavscout has convinced me to try & give the staggeringly dull Hearts of Iron 2 another chance… though not today

Nidan1 you lumpish, ill-nurtured cod-piece are you in the mood for a game yet or are you STILL too busy trying to count your fingers?

Originally posted by Sir 37mm:

Well after several electric shocks, multiple cuts, a bunch of solder burns and a sore scalp from all of the hair I’ve been tearing out I suppose it’s time to admit defeat & just buy a new bloody microphone... though I ain’t happy about it.

NG Cavscout has convinced me to try & give the staggeringly dull Hearts of Iron 2 another chance… though not today

Nidan1 you lumpish, ill-nurtured cod-piece are you in the mood for a game yet or are you STILL too busy trying to count your fingers?

Well it's about time, I've been waiting FOREVER for your promised comments on the Podcast and I've seen NOTHING.

As to the game being staggeringly dull ... seems just the game for you.

Joe

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Shaw, you dancing weasel! Talk about your non-denial denials, why you haven't risen to a level of great power in government can only be attributed to your complete lack of personal hygiene and socially acceptable grooming habits!

"The Justicar would never dream of forbidding a Lady of the Pool yadda-yadda-yadda."

Of course you didn't dream of it... you just went ahead and did it!

Remember Shaw there were witnesses! We can call to have them testify as to what they saw, heard and smelled that fateful evening!

And then you go further to insult me by saying that you can only be judged by a pear??? Er... wait... (checks notes)... I mean peer!

That won't save you, Shaw!

The very rules and regulations that you so vociferously claim to stand for will see to your downfall.

Justice will be served!

And for the rest of you, we have a buffet prepared.

Listen you here Sir Knight in Ordinary and not even a Seniour Knight, you are in NO position to judge a Seniour Knight, let alone the Seniour Seniour Knight of the CessPool.

</font>

Boo Radley you are making a mountain of a molehill ... or if not a molehill then perhaps a chinchilla burrow ... do chinchillas burrow ... no matter.

No one cares Boo Radley, they see your pathetic effort to unseat me for what it is ... a pathetic effort to unseat me.

Besides ... you're not even a Seniour Knight.

Joe

Ah cuidnae agree more....Boo Mah tank kin kill your unarmed crew any day Radley as a steamin' mountain o' moles' hills. Ah conducted mah post-winter pooper-scoop tadee, an' waint on tae fashion a feckin' effergy o' Boo Fat Boy wi' a baseball bat Radley oot o' tha proceeds. Ah thain wheeled tha Boo effigy oot ontae Huron Road an' watched as a 1972 white VW Microbus full o' tourin' Wisconsin hippies spattered haim fraim tha Korean Episcopal Church doon tae tha roller skatin' arena on Starlight Drive.

Boot Ah still failt vaguely dissatisfied.

Originally posted by OGSF:

Ah cuidnae agree more....Boo Mah tank kin kill your unarmed crew any day Radley as a steamin' mountain o' moles' hills. Ah conducted mah post-winter pooper-scoop tadee, an' waint on tae fashion a feckin' effergy o' Boo Fat Boy wi' a baseball bat Radley oot o' tha proceeds. Ah thain wheeled tha Boo effigy oot ontae Huron Road an' watched as a 1972 white VW Microbus full o' tourin' Wisconsin hippies spattered haim fraim tha Korean Episcopal Church doon tae tha roller skatin' arena on Starlight Drive.

Boot Ah still failt vaguely dissatisfied.

You see, if I have OGSF on my side then I ... uh ... have OGSF on my side ... if he ... IS ... on my side that is ... kinda hard to tell actually.

Joe

I'll be on the road again for the next three days ... not sure how much access I'll have so HAVE A CARE WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ME ... for I shall return!

[ April 03, 2006, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

Mister Emrys, I have to argue the point. No self-respecting dirt would want to even be near Joebob. I mean look, the only one on his side is Boo, and even Boo turned against him. Joebob is in a world of his own, well, we wish he was... on Planet 2003 UB313.

Rune

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Boo Radley you are making a mountain of a molehill ...

Worth doing if only we could bury you in the process. God knows you have plenty of dirt on you already...

Michael </font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

I just got a call from the 801 area code...I didn't answer it, I wonder if it was Joe ???? shudder

Why would I call you? I'm trying to get interviews with people that are of interest, one way or the other, to the CessPool.

Joe

p.s. There's more than one Area Code for Utah ... </font>

Boo Radley you are making a mountain of a molehill ... or if not a molehill then perhaps a chinchilla burrow ... do chinchillas burrow ... no matter.

No one cares Boo Radley, they see your pathetic effort to unseat me for what it is ... a pathetic effort to unseat me.

Joe

Unseat you? Who said anything about trying to unseat you?

I merely want you to ADMIT your foul mistake. To come clean (probably for the first time EVER) and say to all and sundry, that you, Joe Shaw, flagrantly went far above your station and that you wish nothing more than to APOLOGIZE to the Lady whom you wronged and to abase yourself at her feet!

That's all.

Oh, and as for having OGSF on your side... you do realize that he was always picked last in any game he ever played and having him on your side is about as wise as going grouse hunting with Dick Cheney?

Originally posted by Nidan1:

I bet if you took a survey, you would find that my name probably tops the list of interesting people in the Cesspool

Only if it's a very short list. One that's compiled by you. With only your name on it.

Even then, the outcome is still iffy.

With most reservoirs and lakes in my area still closed due to snow levels, I thought I would post those that are open to fishing at this time for your enjoyment. For even more exciting news many, many others will be opening the 22nd. to 24th. of this month or after the Spring thaw. I tell you I live in the center of a recreational Mecca!

central.gif

COLUMBIA RIVER from BONNEVILLE RESERVOIR to JOHN DAY DAM: Retention for sturgeon opened January 1, 2006 , in Bonneville and The Dalles reservoirs. Anglers are encouraged to read the 2006 fishing regulation changes on this website for updated sturgeon regulations and seasons.

CRESCENT LAKE : No report on resort ramp accessibility, ice conditions or angler and fish activity for the past week. Weather permitting Crescent Lake provides good opportunity for lake trout, brown trout, rainbow trout and kokanee.

CROOKED RIVER BELOW BOWMAN DAM: Opportunities for 8-16 inch rainbow trout and whitefish are poor. Flows as of March 27 were 1600 CFS . Flows are anticipated to be high through the weekend. Angling opportunities in the Crooked are likely to be limited until the spring runoff has ended. Current flows are available at this website http://www.usbr.gov/pn-bin/rtgraph.pl/?sta=PRVO&parm=Q.

DESCHUTES RIVER : Flows on the Deschutes River are currently very high and unfishable.

If these high flows subside, the area around Maupin should the best opportunity for catching summer steelhead. Prior to the high water, fly fishermen were having success with large nymphs and indicators. Those tactics will likely yield the most success when the high water subsides.

Although trout fishing can be slow during this time of the year, some fish can be found by fishing slow water and back-eddies with an indicator and nymphs. On warm gray days blue-winged olives should begin to hatch.

Anglers are reminded that fishing is now closed until April 22 on the Deschutes from the nothern boundary of the Warm Springs Indian Reservation to Pelton Dam.

DESCHUTES RIVER (Lake Billy Chinook to Benham Falls ): There have been a few reports of some respectably sized brown trout been caught. This reach of river provides opportunity for brown trout and redband trout.

FALL RIVER : Anglers are reporting good fish activity with fish up to 22 inches being caught. There is good opportunity for rainbow trout in the upper river.

HAYSTACK RESERVOIR: Haystack will be stocked with a limited number of large (8-15 pound) rainbow trout this week. Anglers are encouraged to take advantage of this rare opportunity. These fish should readily take both bait and lures.

HOOD RIVER : Winter steelhead have started to enter the lower Hood River . Visibility is good this week and anglers are reporting catch of bright winter steelhead.

LAKE BILLY CHINOOK: Bull trout angling continues to be fair. The cool, wet weather is impacting both angler effort and success. Good numbers of bull trout are present in the reservoir. Anglers are locating them in deeper water than normal for this time of year (50-70 feet). Anglers are reminded harvest is limited to one bull trout over 24”and a Tribal angling permit is required in the Metolius Arm. Please consult 2006 Sport Fishing Regulations.

METOLIUS RIVER : The number of anglers observed working the river is picking up though there are no reports regarding their success. This is typically a good time of year for rainbow trout in the river reach below Al lingham Bridge and bull trout in the reach from Canyon Creek downstream pass Wizard Falls Hatchery. The Metolius River provides catch and release opportunity for rainbow trout and bull trout. Please consult angling regulations for regulations specific to various reaches of river.

OCHOCO RESERVOIR: Opportunities for 12-18 inch rainbow trout are excellent. Both boat and bank anglers should have success with bait and lures.

PRINEVILLE RESERVOIR: Opportunities for 12-16 inch rainbow trout are fair to good. No recent reports.

SUTTLE LAKE : Suttle Lake is not yet accessible for boats due to snow conditions.

TAYLOR LAKE : Taylor Lake , near The Dalles , has been stocked with legal sized rainbow trout and should offer good angling opportunities.

---

Originally posted by Abbott:

With most reservoirs and lakes in my area still closed due to snow levels, I thought I would post those that are open to fishing at this time for your enjoyment. For even more exciting news many, many others will be opening the 22nd. to 24th. of this month or after the Spring thaw. I tell you I live in the center of a recreational Mecca!

central.gif

COLUMBIA RIVER from BONNEVILLE RESERVOIR to JOHN DAY DAM: Retention for sturgeon opened January 1, 2006 , in Bonneville and The Dalles reservoirs. Anglers are encouraged to read the 2006 fishing regulation changes on this website for updated sturgeon regulations and seasons.

CRESCENT LAKE : No report on resort ramp accessibility, ice conditions or angler and fish activity for the past week. Weather permitting Crescent Lake provides good opportunity for lake trout, brown trout, rainbow trout and kokanee.

CROOKED RIVER BELOW BOWMAN DAM: Opportunities for 8-16 inch rainbow trout and whitefish are poor. Flows as of March 27 were 1600 CFS . Flows are anticipated to be high through the weekend. Angling opportunities in the Crooked are likely to be limited until the spring runoff has ended. Current flows are available at this website http://www.usbr.gov/pn-bin/rtgraph.pl/?sta=PRVO&parm=Q.

DESCHUTES RIVER : Flows on the Deschutes River are currently very high and unfishable.

If these high flows subside, the area around Maupin should the best opportunity for catching summer steelhead. Prior to the high water, fly fishermen were having success with large nymphs and indicators. Those tactics will likely yield the most success when the high water subsides.

Although trout fishing can be slow during this time of the year, some fish can be found by fishing slow water and back-eddies with an indicator and nymphs. On warm gray days blue-winged olives should begin to hatch.

Anglers are reminded that fishing is now closed until April 22 on the Deschutes from the nothern boundary of the Warm Springs Indian Reservation to Pelton Dam.

DESCHUTES RIVER (Lake Billy Chinook to Benham Falls ): There have been a few reports of some respectably sized brown trout been caught. This reach of river provides opportunity for brown trout and redband trout.

FALL RIVER : Anglers are reporting good fish activity with fish up to 22 inches being caught. There is good opportunity for rainbow trout in the upper river.

HAYSTACK RESERVOIR: Haystack will be stocked with a limited number of large (8-15 pound) rainbow trout this week. Anglers are encouraged to take advantage of this rare opportunity. These fish should readily take both bait and lures.

HOOD RIVER : Winter steelhead have started to enter the lower Hood River . Visibility is good this week and anglers are reporting catch of bright winter steelhead.

LAKE BILLY CHINOOK: Bull trout angling continues to be fair. The cool, wet weather is impacting both angler effort and success. Good numbers of bull trout are present in the reservoir. Anglers are locating them in deeper water than normal for this time of year (50-70 feet). Anglers are reminded harvest is limited to one bull trout over 24”and a Tribal angling permit is required in the Metolius Arm. Please consult 2006 Sport Fishing Regulations.

METOLIUS RIVER : The number of anglers observed working the river is picking up though there are no reports regarding their success. This is typically a good time of year for rainbow trout in the river reach below Al lingham Bridge and bull trout in the reach from Canyon Creek downstream pass Wizard Falls Hatchery. The Metolius River provides catch and release opportunity for rainbow trout and bull trout. Please consult angling regulations for regulations specific to various reaches of river.

OCHOCO RESERVOIR: Opportunities for 12-18 inch rainbow trout are excellent. Both boat and bank anglers should have success with bait and lures.

PRINEVILLE RESERVOIR: Opportunities for 12-16 inch rainbow trout are fair to good. No recent reports.

SUTTLE LAKE : Suttle Lake is not yet accessible for boats due to snow conditions.

TAYLOR LAKE : Taylor Lake , near The Dalles , has been stocked with legal sized rainbow trout and should offer good angling opportunities.

---

Bah. You can't top pulling croppie out of the cooling lake of a nuclear power station.

Originally posted by stoat:

Bah. You can't top pulling croppie out of the cooling lake of a nuclear power station.

That is Crappie Stoat and I quite agree that is good fun. White Crappie or Black? Worms, small bright spinners or jigs bounced all are top notch.

My favorite Nuke plant is near the border of British Columbia. Where Vancouver proudly displays signs "This is a nuclear free zone". I am glad that if a meltdown happens to occur that our friends to the north will receive their fair share of fallout.

Now I must get back to “Reading the water” by Tom Rosenbauer at Fly Fishing News.

Originally posted by Abbott:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by stoat:

That is Crappie Stoat and I quite agree that is good fun. White Crappie or Black? Worms, small bright spinners or jigs bounced all are top notch.

My favorite Nuke plant is near the border of British Columbia. Where Vancouver proudly displays signs "This is a nuclear free zone". I am glad that if a meltdown happens to occur that our friends to the north will receive their fair share of fallout.

Now I must get back to “Reading the water” by Tom Rosenbauer at Fly Fishing News. </font>

Originally posted by stoat:

I've heard croppie and crappie, but I'll yield to your superior knowledge of ichthyology, and shall refer to tham as crappie.

It's spelled 'crappie', but pronounced 'croppie', you bottom-feeding pillock. Where are you from, again? Illinois? What part of Illinois? Anything outside Chicagoland is just unreclaimed portions of Indiana, you know.

In any case, crappie aren't worth eating after June, or so. Which begs the question of why you're fishing for them, in any case.

Joe

'That can always be fixed', as Dick Cheney said to the Haliburton Exec worried about Pentagon audits of non-competitive bids.

Boo could, of course, be elevated. Not that he isn't already oafishly large and somewhat bumbling, but he could be raised up to the status of 'Seniour Knight'.

But then, I worry. Will being made a 'Seniour Knight' make him proud? Forget his place? Will he attempt to take my foot off his neck and climb onto his hind-legs, and bleat out some nonsense about being a 'free being worthy of respect'?

I can't do without my Caliban, after all.