The Peng Challenge Thread Podcast - For Pods By Pods

Originally posted by NG cavscout:

Large square head? Large square head? I will show you a large square head!!! This is me with my newest daughter at the airport just before I came back to this hellhole of a sandbox.

katieanddad25cq.jpg

And I refuse to resize the picture, you must all endure my huge cranium in all of its natural majesty! See if zoloft can cleanse that image from your low neuron count brain Boo Radley

You're absolutely right. Whatever must I have been thinking of?

Obviously your head is not square in any way at all.

It's more reminiscent of an eggplant, isn't it?

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A powerful criminal brain from the planet Arous, Gor, assumes the body of Soldier Rick Felger. Thru Felger he begins to control the world by threatening destruction to any country challenging his domination. Another brain, Val, works with Felger's wife to defeat Gor. Val explains that Gor will be vulnerable when he is forced to leave Felger at intervals to re-energize. Gors vulnerable spot, the Fissure of Orlando, is described in a note left by his wife in Ricks's tent in Kuwait, a small country in the Persian Gulf region.

It Will Steal Your Body And Damn Your Soul!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Science-Fiction's most astounding story!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The incredible space-brain invades a human body with its destructive evil power!

katieanddad25cq.jpg

And I refuse to resize the picture, you must all endure my huge cranium in all of its natural majesty!

OMG!!@#$%^! Is that a giant inter-galactic brain-roach or roach-brain in a puffed up Felger suit?

[serious]

Congratulations on the new addition to your family.

[/serious]

you all may mock, but you are looking at the next evolutionary step in mankinds development, nay, not mankinds, but "Mankinds".

Thanks Abbott. Hey, you are a hunter, I have a question for you, I am thinking of getting into deer hunting when I get back, and my PD has an old M-14 that we don't use for anything. I was thinking of asking the Chief if I could buy it, but is it a good Deer rifle? It is the 7.62 version like that used in Full Metal Jacket.

Large square head? Large square head? I will show you a large square head!!! This is me with my newest daughter at the airport just before I came back to this hellhole of a sandbox.

katieanddad25cq.jpg

And I refuse to resize the picture, you must all endure my huge cranium in all of its natural majesty! See if zoloft can cleanse that image from your low neuron count brain Boo Radley

You're daughter is braver than I will ever be.

To imagine that she will grow up with you as the proto-example of manhood.

Thanks Abbott. Hey, you are a hunter, I have a question for you, I am thinking of getting into deer hunting when I get back, and my PD has an old M-14 that we don't use for anything. I was thinking of asking the Chief if I could buy it, but is it a good Deer rifle? It is the 7.62 version like that used in Full Metal Jacket.

Sure it would work. It has the accuracy and the stopping power of the 7.62mm (.308 Winchester sporting round)and is fine for deer thru black bear.

My only issue with the M-14 as a sporting rifle would be it's weight, it gets heavy to carry. Especially so if you are hiking up and down hills. I am not familiar with the hunting in your area. California and Oregon I do a lot of hiking when I hunt deer. In other states many hunters hunt from deer blinds, sitting and waiting for a deer to happen by. Hunting form blinds is probably more productive then hiking and it really doesn’t require the long-range accuracy of the M-14. A much lighter weight sporter (or carbine) would probably be more to your liking.

That M-14 is probably a very good monetary investment for you though if you can get it at a reasonable price. I bet you would be surprised if you Googled-up the price of one of those fine weapons.

pix854027343.jpg

Currently I use a Remington Arms Model 740 semi-auto Carbine with a 5 round capacity. It is chambered for 30-06, which is a bit more potent, then the .308 Winchester round (7.62mm). The extra power is not really needed for deer size game, it just shoots a little flatter. I have been hunting deer with it for many, many years with a 180-grain soft-point bullet. The .308 is fine especially so if hunting deer from a blind where long range shots are not a necessity and the Remington Carbine is available chambered for .308 Winchester.

Edit to add:

This guy Link lives in your neck of the woods. He uses a Remington 7400 (just a newer version of the 740, I have one new in the box, never fired) and likes it. He also prefers a 220-grain bullet as they cut thru brush better. I haven't had need of the heavier bullet as most of my deer hunting has taken place in mountainous terrain.

[ April 12, 2006, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: Abbott ]

Dear NV,

Weird (and not good weird) real world times around here and I haven't checked this thread in a while. Great to see the picture of you and your daughter. You're gonna have a lot of fun. Get your ass home for good and enjoy.

Warm thoughts,

Elvis

P.S. My brother has your head beat by a mile. His email address used to be "bhorsehead". You're a piker and a wannabe.

Large square head? Large square head? I will show you a large square head!!!

Look, NG, I don't mind you dropping a ugly bomb on Radley. I mean, he's Radley for crissake. So that's fine. BUT DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT TO THE REST OF US, YOU FILTHY SWINE?!!!!

[graphic mercifully obliterated]

Michael

Boo Radley, it is actually more pear shaped. Notice the lovely contours of the perfectly formed skull.

Stikkypixie, lucky girl isn't she? If only more kids had father figures like me, the world would be a better place, might be a few less Michael Emrys's around!

Thanks Elvis

Abbott I was planning on going to my father -in - law's land up by Spooner, WI. He hunts from a stand. Around my area, Beloit, in southern WI, you can stand hunt, or walk the woods and fields, from what I understand. I have actually only been deer hunting once, and I went with my mom a long time ago. We walked around a bit, hunkered down on a hill, and called it a day, never seeing a deer, only to almost hit one in the car on the way home. My wife used to go deer hunting, so I am hoping she will show me the ropes. Reading this, it sounds a bit strange, but there you have it. I think I will go with the M-14, if I can get the Chief to sell it cheap. I think I can probably get it for $200-300, I saw the receipt, the PD bought it for like $125 back in the 80's.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

[i don't mind you dropping a ugly bomb on Radley. I mean, he's Radley for crissake. So that's fine. BUT DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT TO THE REST OF US, YOU FILTHY SWINE?!!!!

NV reminds me of a hamster with stuffed cheeks and we all know how cute hamsters are, so that photo didn't cause me any distress. *shrug*

Besides, NV's proven himself to be worthy of sharing a drink with.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

[i don't mind you dropping a ugly bomb on Radley. I mean, he's Radley for crissake. So that's fine. BUT DID YOU HAVE TO DO THAT TO THE REST OF US, YOU FILTHY SWINE?!!!!

NV reminds me of a hamster with stuffed cheeks and we all know how cute hamsters are, so that photo didn't cause me any distress. *shrug*

Besides, NV's proven himself to be worthy of sharing a drink with. </font>

Originally posted by Elvis:

Dear Abbott,

They don't look like very good eatin dogs to me. The black one maybe but the brown one looks "stringy" and possibly "gamey".

Love,

Elvis

You're right. I will have to fatten 'em up first.

I think I will go with the M-14, if I can get the Chief to sell it cheap. I think I can probably get it for $200-300, I saw the receipt, the PD bought it for like $125 back in the 80's.

That would be excellent if you can get the rifle near that amount. You may want to clean it up and hold on to it as an investment instead of using it in the field. I have never seen a used M14 for less then $700.00. I only know of two companies still making them and new they go for $1500-$2,000.

Originally posted by Mace:

NV reminds me of a hamster with stuffed cheeks...

Actually, he looks like that fat, ugly, stupid kid that was always showing up in the Far Side comics, the one you were always hoping would get eaten by sharks.

But to be fair, NG must be a hell of a nice guy. Otherwise, it's hard to understand how his family would have let him live.

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

NV reminds me of a hamster with stuffed cheeks...

Actually, he looks like that fat, ugly, stupid kid that was always showing up in the Far Side comics, the one you were always hoping would get eaten by sharks.

But to be fair, NG must be a hell of a nice guy. Otherwise, it's hard to understand how his family would have let him live.

Michael </font>