Blasting Walls

Echo

Don't be too upset about it. If you do breach a wall, and order your troops to pass through the breach, chances are 50/50 they will auto-path to an existing gate and get nailed by an IED. You really have to babysit units as they pass through a breach.

Regards,

Feltan

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Adam1:

I was under the impression that this command was fixed but I still can't get it to work all the time. Quite frequently the men just sit there, whether they are next to the breach point or far away doesn't seem to matter. How do you set your men up so they will blast properly?

It IS fixed as far as I'm concerned. Are you sure you are placing the blast command waypoint on the other side of the wall and close to it, as shown here:

276a7c182ca1f33fc0992462aa8127a45g.jpg

fa48c6baadd2dd2209f68ad511cf151b5g.jpg

039a005337fb3ac345c5c82a94c806f65g.jpg

Breeching Walls works great, also Breeching a building outer wall for entry or exit. The problem lays with "Mouseholing" there seem to be a few quirks that need to be worked out. It's still sort of hit or miss whether they are going through the breech or out a door, and around or over a rooftop. (potentially exposing themselves)

Originally posted by Chainsaw:

what scenario is that? looks intressting!

/Chain

It's a new scenario I've been working on for a while now. It's pretty much finished already but just needs some tidying up. My 9-year-old son had a go versus the AI and lost his entire force to a man! It was weird looking over his shoulder and realizing that there were no Blue icons anymore because every US soldier and vehicle was gone. Such devastation from the AI is something I have never seen before.

Let's just say it has a touch of the "Alamo" about it. I think some people will find it a lot of fun! ;)

Originally posted by Cpl Steiner:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chainsaw:

what scenario is that? looks intressting!

/Chain

It's a new scenario I've been working on for a while now. It's pretty much finished already but just needs some tidying up. My 9-year-old son had a go versus the AI and lost his entire force to a man! It was weird looking over his shoulder and realizing that there were no Blue icons anymore because every US soldier and vehicle was gone. Such devastation from the AI is something I have never seen before.

Let's just say it has a touch of the "Alamo" about it. I think some people will find it a lot of fun! ;) </font>

I tried this in the "Badabou v2" scenario available on cmmods.com

I blasted a wall inside a building (it works fine) but then, they get out and used a door instead of using the breach.

It seems like there is a problem for going building to building, even with no breach. I mean, even if there is a door between the 2 building, my mens always get out and take another door but not the inside door.

Maybe a problem with the buildings or the scenario design ? Do not know, but I saw this problem in lot of scenario (Badoboo, Hammertime, ...)

I suspect that building to building stuff is complicated by the fact that both buildings have a wall in the same place, if the default setup. It seems to me that scenario designers can work around it by removing the 'internal' wall of one building in the appropriate place, leaving a single wall between buildings. I definitely read something like this on the subject of simulating interior doors - one building wall gets the door, the other building wall gets removed, and the door is usuable (was this in Rune's scenario editor guide?)

So far I have only tried Blast once since upgrading to 1.04 and it worked well. My guys were about a 100 meters from the wall when I gave them the move order and they just went up, blasted it, and continued on to the other side. I haven't tried it with a building yet but I have noticed that troops will, sometimes, go through missing walls now. That never seemed to happen before.

I have also noticed that sometimes if you order guys to move into a section of a multi-part building that has some of its sections destroyed that your troops tend to refuse.