• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A mad ‘un ARR: A Messianic production

Sir 37mm, Leading light of the house of JD Morse

Vs

Jiggly Gungun of the House of Pawnbrokers

So, roight like, Me & Jiggly were right up for an old ding dong bruiser Top dorito style. Jiggly chose the old parameters & I ended up facing a Kraut attack on me Tommy village… sorted!

I picked me’self a company of top geezers, a ‘top dog for Xmas’ Valentine (the old 6pounder will surely sort those krauts up like) & some bruising support weapons (3”’ers mostly as well as the obligatory Vickers).

I set it all up tactically like taking into account **** like terrain & stuff… It was a proper well ard defence if I say so me’self… which I do like. It was especially ‘ard for anyone who’d attack me from right flank.

uo00017ql.th.jpg

Which was a shame as Jiggly’s blokes started popping up on me left flank crossing from cover to cover like… all careful like. He was being subtle cos me Vickers kept on busting up his troops all good & proper like.

They’d spot one of his geezers & start going BBBBBRRRRRRUUUUUUBBBBBBRRRRRUUUUUBBBBRRRRUUU

And his geezers would start tasting dirt to avoid that ****

uo00023ak.th.jpg

Still my fire must’ve got im all shirty or sumfink cos he then started bring up these half track thingys with a 75mm gun… now there was nothing more that I wanted to do than send those daft buggars straight to hell with me 6pounder & me Valentine but I got thinking right… using the old ‘grey matter’ like.

What if he knock’s me big guns out yet still has better stuff still to come like, I thought to myself?

So I held me fire waiting for an opportune moment to strike… my mortars had a go at busting his halftracks up but failed abysmally. What my mortars & mortar FO’s did do well was dropping lots of HE **** on iiggly’s geezers. It was a load of fun watching his troops flee & go to ground all the time… them & the Vickers must’ve held Jiggly up for 20 minutes on their bleedin own.

uo00366pc.th.jpg

I believed I saw an ‘opportunity to strike’ with me valentine & bag a couple of his bleedin half tracks… It weren’t a proper opportunity though & my daft sod ended up getting the ****e kicked out of him by a couple of 75mm HC rounds, if I ain't none too mistaken.

uo00387fe.th.jpg

Worse old Jiggly’s geezers were getting closer to the old 'restrictd areas' like, which proved to be rather problematic for me Vickers… it seemed to take Jiggly another 10 minutes but he eventually knocked ‘em both out & then he started dishing out the same ****e to me ratted out 3”ers (again Jiggly seemed to be in no particular rush to finish em off).

uo00375yv.th.jpg

So’s it finally came clear to old Jiggly that he had to like get somewhere with this attacking lark like & yet his clock was running out (and it wasn’t like he’d been mean with the parameters, 45+ turns is usually enough for any battle me old granny used to say & she knew a thing or two about battles she did… them & whoaring but that’s another tale). So it suddenly dawned on ‘im that he had to give up on this ‘cautious’ lark right when it bleedin’ mattered most… when the old ding dong gets up close & personal like.

Short of it is that one of his assaults (on me left most flag… a proper 300 one defended initially by one platoon which was then reinforced to two platoons) led to the loss of an half track, a shocked PzIV (which was lucky to survive), several slaughtered squads/HQ’s with the rest of his shattered blokes ending up hundreds of meters from his objective… luckily for 'im this was enough to contest me flag!

uo00405ca.th.jpg

The other one of his assaults also lost a half track but proved far more successful mostly on account of it being set up to defeat an attack from my right. The final few radio messages from me defenders are quite revealing…

LIEUTENANT: “We’re in quite the pickle… requesting aid & support”

(3minutes later)

SERGEANT: “we’re in a roight ruddy mess here … some help from the rest of you buggars wouldn’t be amiss”

uo00391fh.th.jpg

My platoon was wiped out, the objective lost & only Jiggly’s lack of balls coupled with the endless hail of pistol shot’s (those crews weren’t pleased with the loss of their mortars) meant I got to claim another smaller one on me right.

A minor defeat but it was the flags I tell ya

uo00427kl.th.jpg

Stuka, as you wish . . .

*Soothing music plays*

Emrys: Hi, I'm Emrys.

Yoda: Hi, I'm Yoda. In our collective 1,000 years we've discovered a common problem...erectile dysfunction. *serious music plays*

Emrys: But thanks to this new miracle pill, we can remain the perverts we always have strived to be!

Yoda: *ignites light sabre to a standing tall position*

Each "high - fives" each other and smiles broadly.