time limit

wawa

hi all, okay i was thinking a few days back lets install shockforce again, i did and installed the patch, started playing and working super, btw.. cracks dont work with this game!!! no devs i have the key im official just tried it cus i wanted to be fast but bump heh mission starts first enemy is sighted and poef frozen. good becouse people must pay for these type of games so more cool things will come out. anyhow thats not what i wanted to talk about. the thing i wanted to say is is it really difficult to make a button where you can select if you want unlimited time or 1 hour etc like you can choose if you want to play real time and or turn based. there is enough ammo in the strikers for all so that should not be a problem.

also what i would like to know and also im hoping actually for this is is there going to be an uber patch like for theatre of war, with new campaigns perhaps this time in iraq...

thats all

thx and good hunting to you all

Welcome to the forum, even though your post is hard to read due to the lack of punctuation.

There are issues with protracted scenarios. Tank and TOW ammunition have sometimes run low / out in high intensity operations.

Anyway I think the gist of what you posted was that you enjoying it, so great.

Should get even better when 1.08 comes out.

[ March 27, 2008, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: gibsonm ]

You can't make the time unlimited, but you can set it so that all scenarios have 2-hour time limits. Personally, I've had mixed experiences with time limits. There have been scenarios where I felt like I could have beaten it if I'd only had ten more minutes, but I've also beaten some scenarios with an hour or more to spare.

As to the ueber-patch idea, the closest thing will be the various modules that are yet to be released. You will have to pay for them, but they add much more than the TOW Ueber-Patch. For instance, the Marines module will add an entire new Marines OOB as well as a new campaign and new Syrian vehicles. Every patch that is released so far makes a difference, and the game is really, really good right now, but I'm still looking forward to each new patch.

Welcome and enjoy the game!

-FMB

Originally posted by wawa:

cant wait for the new patch to come when more or less?

"soon" if you own the BFC copy.

"soon" plus a bit for the Paradox version.

"soon" plus a little bit more for the Paradox version to actually work. smile.gif

Last bit is my opinion only based on what I've seen with earlier patches. Maybe Paradox will get it right this time - who knows (not me because I have the BFC copy). smile.gif

i know all of this ;) about the time setting just that i wanted an unlimited time possibility

I think, in limited play myself, that as ..I think Mark mentioned above, it would not work with unlimited time, even if you could (which, AFAIK you cannot) because ammo with most units quickly becomes an issue..the next best thing would be to design your own scenarios, and pick each up where the last left off. I tried that some with cmbb, and it worked well enough, no reason it wouldn't here. A little extra work, but you could reasonably play through time limited only by your free time to load up the next start positions, etc.

The other big issue, that CM:SF skims over is hydration and fatigue.

Doing MOUT for more than about an hour (at the outside) without a rest plan, given the prevailing temperatures would result in very tired people wanting lots of water (far more than they carry on them or could be "fudged" by saying its in the vehicle).

oh well use your imagination they have water with them dont you see the bottles and also they take water from the houses lol its also imagination while playing games;)

Poisoned, dirty water guaranteed to make you sick in a city that's water and sewage lines have been bombed. Great thinking.

How about cheat codes so you not only have unlimited time to make up for your limited tactical abilities, but an "instant win" button too? And an end screen that gives you the Medal of Honor after every scenario?

oh well use your imagination they have water with them dont you see the bottles and also they take water from the houses lol its also imagination while playing games;)

Yep, just roll that into the “perfect Attack plan” that you are asking about elsewhere and away you go.

Don’t let reality get in the way. smile.gif

Yeah, good to way to lose about 25 lbs quickly.

I'm not kidding. We once had an entire squad practically combat-ineffective for a week they were so sick.

Yeah, you're camelbak has 2-3 QTs, and if you're carrying canteens, those are 1 QT, 2 if you have the abtly named 2QT canteen.

Doesn't last long.

Originally posted by SgtMuhammed:

It usually last right up to the point where they decide that for some reason they can't bring you any more. God I hated running out of water. Food was bad but you start going downhill in a hurry when you can't hydrate.

Yeah...

You know you've hit rock bottom when you fantasize about seeing a water buffalo roll over from the horizon.

hahahah okay anyhow well see what will come up in the future with this war sim..

so tell me how do they do this than in reality?? dehydrate?? ive no idea never been in combat so ...

Apparently you've never been in the military.....

also what i would like to know and also im hoping actually for this is is there going to be an uber patch like for theatre of war, with new campaigns perhaps this time in iraq...

You know you can download and play different battles and campaigns already?

There's a link to Webwing's outstanding campaign at the top of the forum, for the rest go to

http://www.cmmods.com/ (and other places)

Or make your own with the scenario editor.

I'm in the middle of redoing one of my old 3rd party scenario. It was only an hour gameplay but I'd consistently run my men entirely out of ammo every time. So when the v2 version comes out theres' going to be a quarter hour chopped off the runtime! The AI instructions have been accordioned-in accordingly which makes for zippier gameplay too. Big improvement overall. Sometime more is not better smile.gif