The perfect opening music for CMSF.

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Some things in life are bad,

They can really make you mad,

Other things just make you swear and curse,

When you're chewing life's gristle,

Don't grumble,

Give a whistle

And this'll help things turn out for the best.

And...

Always look on the bright side of life.

[whistle]

Always look on the light side of life.

[whistle]

If life seems jolly rotten,

There's something you've forgotten,

And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.

When you're feeling in the dumps,

Don't be silly chumps.

Just purse your lips and whistle.

That's the thing.

And...

[whistle]

Always look on the right side of life,

[whistle]

For life is quite absurd

And death's the final word.

You must always face the curtain with a bow.

Forget about your sin.

Give the audience a grin.

Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.

So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,

[whistle]

Just before you draw your terminal breath.

[whistle]

Life's a piece of ****,

When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.

You'll see it's all a show.

Keep 'em laughing as you go.

Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

And...

Always look on the right side of life.

[whistle]

Always look on the bright side of life!

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

[whistle]

Repeat to fade...

I remember years ago I was listening to 10cc on headphones , the track was "The things they do for love".

I turned round to look at the TV and it was film of B-17's in formation dropping bombs on Hamburg.

Odd and slightly thought provoking I thought.

I'd go for a classic myself, and you can't beat "O Fortuna", and as far as I am aware, it's out of copyright too.

Peter.

How about one of the songs the BBC banned during the first Gulf War?

Abba Waterloo A-ha Hunting High And Low Alarm 68 Guns Animals We Got To Get Out Of This Place 5. Arrival I Will Survive 6. Joan Baez The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down 7. Bangles Walk Like An Egyptian 8. The Beatles Back In The USSR 9. Pat Benetar Love Is A Battlefield Big Country Fields Of Fire Blondie Atomic Boomtown Rats Don't Like Mondays Brook Bros. Warpaint Arthur Brown Fire Kate Bush Army Dreamers Cher Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) Eric Clapton I Shot The Sheriff Phil Collins In The Air Tonight Cutting Crew I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight Skeeter Davies End Of The World Desmond Dekker Israelites Dire Straits Brothers In Arms Duran Duran View To A Kill Jose Feliciano Light My Fire First Choice Armed And Extremely Dangerous Roberta Flack Killing Me Softly Frankie Goes To Hollywood Two Tribes Eddie Grant Living On The Frontline Eddie Grant Give Me Hope Joanna Elton John Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting Johnny Hates Jazz I Don't Want To Be A Hero John Lennon Give Peace A Chance John Lennon Imagine Jona Louis Stop The Cavalry Lulu Boom Bang A Bang McGuinness Flint When I'm Dead And Gone Bob Marley Buffalo Soldier Maria Muldaur Midnight At The Oasis M*A*S*H Suicide Is Painless Mike And The Mechanics Silent Running Rick Nelson Fools Rush In Nicole A Little Peace Billy Ocean When The Going Gets Tough Donny Osmond Soldier Of Love Paper Lace Billy Don't Be A Hero Queen Killer Queen Queen Flash Martha Reeves Forget Me Not B.A. Robertson Bang Bang Tom Robinson War Baby Kenny Rogers Ruby (Don't Take Your Love To Town) Spandau Ballet I'll Fly For You Specials Ghost Town Bruce Springsteen I'm On Fire Edwin Starr War Status Quo In The Army Now Status Quo Burning Bridges Cat Stevens I'm Gonna Get Me A Gun Rod Stewart Sailing Donna Summer State Of Independence Tears For Fears Everybody Wants To Rule The World Temptations Ball Of Confusion 10 CC Rubber Bullets Stevie Wonder Heaven Help Us All

hmmm, i never thought about sound in a CM game! CMx1 didnt got sound, so i dont need sound in CMx2 too.

whats the purpous? if you really want sound, than play you favourite stuff in winamp or whatever programm.

i play the game(s) to fight virtual battles, i dont need sounds in the backgound wich arent sounds of machinguns, shouting man, tracks, canons and so on!

i will hapylie play LeGrognards(spelling?), and listen to my field-chapel(is this the right therm? i dont know it in english). theres nothing against it.

i think the us soldirs are somewhat too overequiped with entertainment stuff, but surely they dont need humvee mounted getho blasters to keep em fighting.

so i will gladly go without music too! or turn it off, if some it provided with the game(waste of disk space!).

[ October 13, 2005, 06:06 AM: Message edited by: Pandur ]

Originally posted by Pandur:

hmmm, i never thought about sound in a CM game! CMx1 didnt got sound, so i dont need sound in CMx2 too.

whats the purpous? if you really want sound, than play you favourite stuff in winamp or whatever programm.

i play the game(s) to fight virtual battles, i dont need sounds in the backgound wich arent sounds of machinguns, shouting man, tracks, canons and so on!

i will hapylie play LeGrognards(spelling?), and listen to my field-chapel(is this the right therm? i dont know it in english). theres nothing against it.

i think the us soldirs are somewhat too overequiped with entertainment stuff, but surely they dont need humvee mounted getho blasters to keep em fighting.

so i will gladly go without music too! or turn it off, if some it provided with the game(waste of disk space!).

I thought this topic was opening sound not music during the game. The only music I want to hear during the game is those really cool birds chirping. ;)

A few possible additions to the starting music:

War Pigs - Black Sabbath

Sky Pilot - Eric Burden and the Animals

I second London Calling's selection:

Midnight at the Oasis - Maria Muldaur

Originally posted by Peter Cairns:

I remember years ago I was listening to 10cc on headphones , the track was "The things they do for love".

I turned round to look at the TV and it was film of B-17's in formation dropping bombs on Hamburg.

Odd and slightly thought provoking I thought.

I'd go for a classic myself, and you can't beat "O Fortuna", and as far as I am aware, it's out of copyright too.

Peter.

Abduction from the Seraglio :D

Originally posted by YankeeDog:

As a slightly more serious alternative, the Soundtrack to Last Temptation of Christ by Peter Gabriel would be very cool. . .

I absolutely support that. Not the cheapest option though. But It will be the one on my game for sure. Boom.

Cheers