new video on youtube

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a little scary as well.

It reinforces to me that I will come away with a new appreciation for just what the folks are going through in combat right now. I think this product may be unique in the games industry in that regard; I can't think of another gaming product that provided any real insight into conditions in a current military operation.

Yes. I felt the hairs standing on the back of my neck, watching those vehicles move down the dusty street. The anticipation factor is there . . .

I wonder if the Stryker drivers (TacAI) sped up in response to the first explosion. Or were they under orders to "speed through ambush," if you get my meaning. (Contact orders?)

It does look like the 2nd vehicle is about to plummet into a crater . . .

Would having your men dismounted improve your chances of spotting any IED's, before they go off?

Gpig

[ May 29, 2007, 11:22 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]

Originally posted by Sivodsi:

What size were those IEDs? The first was quite small, but obviously did some damage to the occupants. The second one was huge - looked like it wrote off the stryker and prob damaged the following one.

Going completely from memory I beleive we have small, medium, large and huge IEDs. I think these were equal to the explosion power of roughly 1 122mm shell, 3 122mm shells, 5 152mm shells and 1 250lb aircraft bomb. Each has the option of wire, radio or cell detonation.

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sivodsi:

What size were those IEDs? The first was quite small, but obviously did some damage to the occupants. The second one was huge - looked like it wrote off the stryker and prob damaged the following one.

Going completely from memory I beleive we have small, medium, large and huge IEDs. I think these were equal to the explosion power of roughly 1 122mm shell, 3 122mm shells, 5 152mm shells and 1 250lb aircraft bomb. Each has the option of wire, radio or cell detonation. </font>

Sorry guys, that video isn't ready for prime time and wasn't supposed to have been accessible at this time. I am still trying to figure out Youtube's wonky interface.

Hopefully Martin will have some other videos soon to keep you appeased.

By the way, CMSF has been featured in some nice new previews recently, check out http://www.battlefront.com/products/cmsf/news.html for details.

Madmatt

What look like stills from the vid are in the latest blog.

4? Strykers drive in convoy fast down a tight urban road some on the tarmac and the rear one a bit off road kicks up dust as it steers around roadside telegraph poles. Late in vid in the distance KABOOOMMM! disappears a Stryker, then another a few seconds later also explodes. Casualty icons immediatly pop up abouve the smoke and dust indicating it wasn't pretty. No indication of any suspicious enemies through the whole vid.

Interseting views of canopies on ground floor buildings, balconies etc and the rubbish strewn clearing where it looked like one of the IEDs was hidden.

Originally posted by unsobill:

thanks so much for teasing with thas video - and then people cry why servers get hacked and all the data gets compromised and early build gets leaked to the public causing in thousands of damage.

Grow up. The world will not end if you do not get to see the frickin' video. July 27th is still along way off and at the rate you are going your head will explode before the demo gets released. so please, for the sake of fuzzy bunnies everywhere, go read a book or somfink...