Any updates on the timeline?

Hubert, you're from Montreal no? Me too smile.gif Pointe-Claire.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know the most important thing about the game is getting as much playtesting done as you can. Play balance is huge, and frequent updates are tiresome. BTW, do you have need for any outside playtesters?

Ok I think we are almost ready for a full beta, still have a few items to clean up and a few others to add in here and there but I'd say at this point we are pretty close. Then I can happily start cracking on the actual game coding which shouldn't be too bad as mostly everything is in place now

- Added Scripting

This is just the initial set, I'm still missing a few items like diplomatic and AI scripting (AI scripting will probably not be done until I start looking at the AI requirements in detail down the road)

Dev. diary

Originally posted by Avatar:

Hubert, you're from Montreal no? Me too smile.gif Pointe-Claire.

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know the most important thing about the game is getting as much playtesting done as you can. Play balance is huge, and frequent updates are tiresome. BTW, do you have need for any outside playtesters?

Hey Avatar, thanks for the offer but I think we should be covered for now in the testing department.

Btw, while I love la belle province I'm born and raised in Toronto smile.gif

got a G/F living in Quebec. Says it's gorgeous, but the crime is outrageous. Not the Violent Crime like USA<though violent crime is stepping up to the bat>, but all the other kinds. It's sad really that one of the only other French speaking Regions of the World aside from France has to be so tainted by a weak Goverment, Corruption and a lack of Modern Laws, Ideals, Principals. I think this is a sign of selfishness of the Higher Classes, the old world Aristocracy, and missing "good People"

I have seen this so much in my own Country USA. The Degradation of Modern Society. Sadly Canada has ignored some of their problems, and brushes them under the carpet.

Sorry Night! smile.gif I just love debate and contraversy too, especially on the topic. Which is what I think what you mean, off topic stuff is annoying and belongs elsewhere! i.e.

"The Germans could've won if they would've had a Sound Military Planner, built up Industry and the Kriegsmarine!"

"They Lacked the Production and Numbers of the Allies, Never!"

"Bahhh, Pro-Allied Commi, what-if?"

Originally posted by Liam:

got a G/F living in Quebec. Says it's gorgeous, but the crime is outrageous. Not the Violent Crime like USA<though violent crime is stepping up to the bat>, but all the other kinds. It's sad really that one of the only other French speaking Regions of the World aside from France has to be so tainted by a weak Goverment, Corruption and a lack of Modern Laws, Ideals, Principals. I think this is a sign of selfishness of the Higher Classes, the old world Aristocracy, and missing "good People"

I have seen this so much in my own Country USA. The Degradation of Modern Society. Sadly Canada has ignored some of their problems, and brushes them under the carpet.

I'm from Quebec and saying we have a weak Gvt, Corruption or lack of Modern laws.

I say, what else is new? EVERY Govt in the world is just as you described some are worse some are better. The bottom line is they catter to greed.

I would consider Quebec's Govt to be one of the better ones.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

There goes my Quebec visit. I've been to Windsor & Toronto, average at best. I think S.Twain started out there. I'd watch a Blue Jay game.

I can't beleive you would based coming here on the 2nd hand opinion of ONE person, let alone someone who does not really live here.

Quebec city has probably a 10x lower crime rate than Toronto. If you felt safe there, you'll be fine in QC.

Quebec is the best place to live in the world, bar none. If you'd do your research, Canada was #1 place to live in the world in the 90's, alternating with Norway, Sweden sometimes. And, in the Top 10 list of best cities to live in in Canada, the towns of Kirkland, Beaconsfield and Pointe-Claire were the top 3, in that order. I grew up in Kirkland. So, technically, I grew up in the best country's best city in the world. Wow I say. Wow.

Yes, Quebec certainly has lived up to its reputation as 'La Belle Province', inspite of it's separation movement (which has some legitimacy).

Honestly guy's, I couldn't really care less about Quebec. Not to be rude but start your own thread, because all I know is that Quebec is in a country that happens to hate mine for no reason, so I really don't want to hear about how bad things are run or whatever. Thank you.