Originally posted by santabear:

Hubert,

Thanks for your response. The manual helps a lot...as does your hint about the undo.

And I'm finding that it's easier to visualize the movement with the grid turned off at the moment.

I actually fought a pretty good D-day battle, and I'm beginning to see how this is a great improvement over SC1.

Thanks again,

SB

Glad to hear it smile.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My impressions:

Took a few minutes to get used to everything, but then I found that it plays a lot like SC1, only with layers and layers of more depth that I can get to when my pre-order arrives.

Very happy, but anxious for my CD to come!

Originally I posted that you could change the resolution setting via the ini file but apparently forgot this is also done just by selecting the 'Settings' dialog in game. Must have been tired ;)

junk2drive,

Have you tried 1280x1024? I use this at home on my 19" monitor and find it is a nice balance between text size and game play.

Let me start by saying that SC1 is my all time favorite wargame and the game I have played more than any other game, bar none.

Now for the demo. I love the added depth of play. I have to say that I wish the game looked like SC1.

I would also like to put a vote in for a zoom out function. My laptop is one of those wide-screen ones and its native resolution is 1280x800. The only resolution I can get the game to run at is 1024x768 and, at that resolution, you can only see a tiny portion of the map. The angle you view the map at in isometric mode doesn't help with situational awareness, either.

I'm confident that either Hubert or a modder (like fantomas) will rectify this, but I will buy the game either way. I have gotten so much gaming fun out of SC1 that I would gladly pay Hubert $50 to buy SC1 all over again.

Originally posted by junk2drive:

I changed the ini for 1600x1200. On a 19" monitor I could barely read the text. Back to 1024x768 with the options menu.

A zoom out would be nice.

Strange I have a 19 inch monitor and find Max resolution fine. Ive got a damn good monitor for the price. CRT but it was damn cheap and excellent quality.

OR maybe its my big thick glasses.

I would echo JimmyCribbs's point:

I've got a nice laptop--the game runs fine--but can only get the smallest map size on my screen. Situational awareness is a minor problem; what's worse is that the perspective of the map is very screwy at that resolution.

The squares of the grid stay the same size when actually they should get smaller as the map (attempts to) recede into the distance. Right now, it looks like the map has a top and bottom, rather than a front (closer to the player) and back (further away) on the low resolution setting.

When that's combined with the figurines-on-bases sort of counters, it looks like the pieces will slide off the game board at any time. (Hubert must have developed virtual Velcro).

A mod, zoom, patch, whatever would definitely help!

@Jimmy: It helps to turn off the grid.

junk2drive, being straightforward:

I'm over fifty and hve bifocals. I didn't say I could not read the text, just that it is very small.

LOL, me too, and so,

QUITE likely I have asked

For the same thing you,

And some others would ask,

Albeit for different reasons,

Agreed.

Zoom zoom, with adjusted lettering. :cool:

Guys go get an ocular implant or something...bionic eyes work wonders :D
Don't know about

The other older ones

What hang hereabouts, but

Would rather possess a bionic