As originally posted by Kelly's Heroes:

2) Will the unit bases be able to be toggled off?

Shoot, this is so easy, even I can answer this one! :cool:

Yes. All the way off, or part-way off - you'd see just a "halo-type" circle beneath, or those solidly rounded unit-bases.

What a grand game!

What a grand old time... just ahead!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game really look good with all the new

features.

BUT i really hope the will have an option that

gives you the oportunity to play it in Top-1D

It really look like civ 2, and i totally loose the feeling of a wargame in this mode. I dont like it. :( I would very much like to old wargames counter mode

(but i might get used to it)

Beside of this it look very good.

The other option with i cube is even worse. (but it gives a feeling from battle of britain though...)

[ April 14, 2004, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: kossuth ]

This brings me back to that long ago time in the Spring of '02. Those were heady day indeed. In a thread such as this we waited, day after day, week after week, month after month for the release of SC. There were setbacks, new release dates, more setbacks and exuberant anticipation which culminated in a consumer frenzy of epic proportions.

Where has the time gone, not to mention the old guard; Bloody Bucket, Straha, Willgamer, John Difool, and Gen.Metaxas to name a few. Will we see days like that again?

Yes, projected release in Q4, but will there be another demo/beta released that alows 1 year of a campaign to be played?

If I remeber correctly, the demo/beta stage resulted in so much fabulous feedback that contributed greatly to the discussion and resulted in some excellent suggestions being implemented in the full release by Hubert/battlefront.

Also, to satisfy the impatient (like myself), can beta testers do some of the great AAR's (with pictures)that scratched the itch for news on how the development of the game is proceeding?

Initial screen shots look realy intriguing and the info released so far confirms that Battlefront is cutting edge strategy/wargame company. Looking forward.....

I tend to lurk and not make many posts but... I cannot wait to get my hands on this game!!

I'd have preferred hexes that seems to be the subject of intense debate further down the forum but if Hubert's gone with tiles well he must have had a good reason.

As I say cant wait!

Reiver

...will tanks have special movement and combat qualities. I would like to see tanks advance or retreat after combat. ...and, maybe engage in multiple combats.

Tanks should not be infantry on steroids. They should be different. Armored vehicles (not just tanks) made the battlefron more fluid, not just because they were stronger, but because they could keep moving.

...and, by the way, I also would like to see a Macintosh plataform.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Originally posted by kossuth:

The game really look good with all the new

features.

BUT i really hope the will have an option that

gives you the oportunity to play it in Top-1D

It really look like civ 2, and i totally loose the feeling of a wargame in this mode. I dont like it. :( I would very much like to old wargames counter mode

(but i might get used to it. Beside of this it look very good.

The other option with i cube is even worse. (but it gives a feeling from battle of britain though...)

I agree with all of the comments above.

Hexes to square - bad

Counters to icons - bad

Map view to angled isometric - bad

I really was attracted to the look of SC and was considering buying it until I saw this SC2 thread. Alas, SC2 looks like a Civ III scenario.